January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tickets are sometimes not available though (I've managed to go only 3 times this season). Don't think you can use the fact that people would like to watch us on Saturday at 15:00 as some sort of stick to beat someone that wants us to spend. Cunts? Wtf.

You brought up Sat 3.00pm. I’m talking about when we’re on Sky or BT. People begging for streams. They’re cheapskates.

I’ve noticed that many of the people clamouring for £70m signings are the same people begging for streams because they’re too fucking tight to spend a few quid on watching us through the normal platforms - which makes you cunts by the way.
Bit difficult over here in OZ Joe cannot get access. Most of us dont want to support Murdoch and his rotten puss ridden family companies anyway, even if others do.

Last edited:
From The BBC...

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says the club will not be signing former Manchester Unitedand Italy forward Giuseppe Rossi this month. The 31-year-old is a free agent. (Sky Sports)

Barcelona are prepared to let Brazil winger Malcom, 21, go if they receive an offer which betters the 41m euros (£35.2m) they paid Bordeaux for the player last July. (ESPN)

Tottenham Hotspur fans on Twitter are liking the rumour about signing a certain Blaise Matuidi.

Tottenham fans react to Blaise Matuidi rumours

Matuidi would fit the bill. Yet it will never happen. From Levy's point of view it wouldn't make a lot of sense bringing in a guy who's turning 32 this coming april. The same would go for the Dzeko rumour. He's turning 33 in march. That's a lot of money down the pipe with no prospect of reselling. Then it would've made more sense keeping Dembele.
Even though I'd like some new faces coming in I don't think this is the way we should do business. What's actually going on? Have I been brainwashed??
:levylol:

That's nice, you're taking Sammy's "people are clamouring for £70m signings" myth out for a walk.

It was getting lonely, what with his recent Road to Damascus conversion 'n' all.

Me, I think we should Do a Leeds and sign Messi, I'd love to see him in lilywhite on a moody stream

Christ Bill. You’re incapable of seeing a sharp point. You go all old and wobbly and start talking agout Leeds ffs. That had absolutely nothing to do with my point. You seem to think it’s clever to go off on a senile rant about nothing and start blaming sammyspurs sammyspurs ? What the fuck are you on? I’ll spell it out for you. Many people on here beg for streams (because they’re tight as fuck) whilst simultaneously clamouring for massive signings. I think that smacks of double standards.

You’ll probably start waffling on about some load of crap that involves you having an outdoor lunch in some dusty old town and pretend you caught the 2nd half on a cab driver’s radio.

Christ Bill. You’re incapable of seeing a sharp point. You go all old and wobbly and start talking agout Leeds ffs. That had absolutely nothing to do with my point. You seem to think it’s clever to go off on a senile rant about nothing and start blaming sammyspurs sammyspurs ? What the fuck are you on? I’ll spell it out for you. Many people on here beg for streams (because they’re tight as fuck) whilst simultaneously clamouring for massive signings. I think that smacks of double standards.

You’ll probably start waffling on about some load of crap that involves you having an outdoor lunch in some dusty old town and pretend you caught the 2nd half on a cab driver’s radio.
Come on Joe.
You know we all want to see the worlds best players in our colours, on a grainy, buffering, pixelated, Russian stream.

It’s the future. Why are we even building a billion quid Stadium? We could have kids for a quid pay per view. Concessions for over 50’s. And just ground share with West Ham.
Surely uncle Joe & that tight arse Levy could bankroll that for us. State of this club eh?

Aint gonna happen. We wouldn't pay up big for a player who's more sidelined to injuries than minutes spent on the pitch. But yet again if we've admitted our defeat in negotiations with Eriksen, there could probably be some sort of exchange. But taking in to equation that Bale is on the good side of £300k a week until 2022, it just aint gonna happen.

So just the three times you've replied to what was meant as a joke.

Whatever, at least my dusty old town has 600 Mbps cable broadband, your connection up there on the moral high ground might be a good bit slower

liberals_400_316_s_c1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom