January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think it is misty eyed nostalgia..... I'd suggest outside of the first-world problems of a handfull of relatively spoiled teams it's still the same as we used to be...

"By far greatest team the world has ever seen"

How many fans can honestly say that with a straight face? ...Yet it's sung up and down the country right the way through the pyramid.

Why do people go and support Burnley, Reading, Lincoln City, Canvey Island FC or whoever?

It ain't for the champagne football and silverware is it?
Bit of an aside but I’ve started going to see my local non league side. Great fun, football for the sake of football and completely lacking in entitlement. It’s wonderful.

Bit of an aside but I’ve started going to see my local non league side. Great fun, football for the sake of football and completely lacking in entitlement. It’s wonderful.

I'm overdue a visit to Canvey Island FC.... Whether i pay at the turnstile or climb over the fence, i haven't decided yet. :vert:

I am impressed by how quiet it is with less than a week to go. Levy must be doing a great job if he is keeping it under at this day and age of media frenzy

I am impressed by how quiet it is with less than a week to go. Levy must be doing a great job if he is keeping it under at this day and age of media frenzy
I would say that the answer points to we are buying fuck all but at least we have achieved something this year a whole season of zero spend can't knock it.
:levylol::levyeyes::levyeyes:

Toby and Son are superstars. Davinson is on his way to that. Wanyama was utterly brilliant for a season and with any luck will soon return to being a very useful player. Trippier and Gazzaniga are good players who were fantastic bargains. Sissoko and Lucas are good players who weren't. Kevin Wimmer was somehow sold for a massive profit, and looked fine for the thirty seconds he actually played for us. Foyth is a nice prospect who'd go for double what we paid now.

N'Jie, Nkoudou, Llorente, Janssen and I'm sad to say it but Aurier were all big fails.

But that's 10 up and 5 down, that's pretty good. It looked better when Wanyama was a world-beater, but that's life.

I agree in a lot of points, from that you mentioned Toby, Son, Wanyama and Davinson are, or were, in Wanyamas case, very good players. Gazza was a bargain, delivering more than expected. Trippier and Sissoko, very meh, but Sissoko, now, for me, has improved a lot and has his value. Aurier I still think can show something, Foyth is a brilliant prospect. The others, failures, and we bought them after season of professional football, so our scouts should have known what to expect. Janssen, as I said since we bought him and was saying before, isn't a good player, even his best video in youtube isn't great, you can see he hadn't the awareness of a good striker, nor a good shooting or passing, how someone that is paid to evaluate this things can't see this? Same with N'Jie and Nkoudou, they aren't bad players, but they wasn't even in the best 10 best talents in league 1, that's a pretty weak league, what's the matter of buying them as we are not buying player that cannot improve our squad? We do very bad business sometime too.

Momentum is with us.
Son coming home early.
Happy 1st birthday transfer kitty.
Woolwich out the cup. Next up,
_ _ _ _ _ _ signs for us

Back
Top Bottom