January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A fast LCB sounds terrifically hard to find, even in the summer :eek: Shame Man City took both Ake and Dias. Pau Torres supposedly has a release clause for 65m euros and the age profile would fit us better than Skriniar, I highly doubt if we could afford him (or anyone else in that price range) but maybe Foyth and Sanchez would help offset it.

EDIT: Just remembered we were linked to Zagadou. I'd assume we'd go for a more senior CB considering Rodon's age but maybe financially it makes more sense? Tottenham fans want Dan-Axel Zagadou signed, amid reports

Last edited:
We didn´t have a proper DM before Hojbjerg. Now we have him - leader, captain material, etc -, but we still have no backup for his position. We need another DM option. When I look at our squad, we don´t even have a proper replacement for Sissoko - and I´m not saying necessarily a "Sissoko upgrade", I´m saying a player able to do what he does.

We need another midfielder to rotate and give our duo some rest - in January.

We don't have anyone that Jose sees fit to use as backup for EITHER sides of our so-called 'double pivot'.

This worries me...... We're 1 injury away from having to completely revise our way of playing mid-season.

(I know some will say "Yay! We'll be more attacking", but it's more that it will massively effect the way we defend; especially covering our FBs.)

Last edited:
Finding a "complete" CB like Van Dijk is difficult. Zouma just embarassed himself against Neto. Toby would have done much better there. Yet, Toby could only dream of being so aerially dominant.

Is there actually any CB out there can do everything to a high level? De Ligt seemed pretty well rounded, and best placed to rise to that level.

"Sissoko upgrade", I´m saying a player able to do what he does.

SBYSjll.png

Finding a "complete" CB like Van Dijk is difficult. Zouma just embarassed himself against Neto. Toby would have done much better there. Yet, Toby could only dream of being so aerially dominant.

Is there actually any CB out there can do everything to a high level? De Ligt seemed pretty well rounded, and best placed to rise to that level.
Id never heard of Rodon till we were linked. Look how he performed against chelsea.

Id never heard of Reguilon either till I checked him out on you tube after we were linked.

Hojberg was unfancied.

Players are out there

We didn´t have a proper DM before Hojbjerg. Now we have him - leader, captain material, etc -, but we still have no backup for his position. We need another DM option. When I look at our squad, we don´t even have a proper replacement for Sissoko - and I´m not saying necessarily a "Sissoko upgrade", I´m saying a player able to do what he does.

We need another midfielder to rotate and give our duo some rest - in January.
That’d be Oliver Skipp. The lad is exceptional and Jose is said to be a huge fan of not only him as a player but as a person. Been earning rave reviews at Norwich this year too.

That’d be Oliver Skipp. The lad is exceptional and Jose is said to be a huge fan of not only him as a player but as a person. Been earning rave reviews at Norwich this year too.

Want him to finish his season at Norwich.....

A seasoned pro on an 18 month deal would be ideal come January.

Last edited:
The rotation doesn't have to be a strict switch every single time, it means that you have 3 quality guys who can play in case of injury or needed rest. I wouldn't advocate switching for the sake of switching but for example in a week like this it would be nice to have 3 starting level CBs so that the 2 first choice guys are overplayed, especially when one of those guys is Toby who is getting older.

Having a guy who is a more pacey for example might be used ahead of one of Toby or Dier against a team like Leicester and Vardy. Doesn't mean you are disrupting the team just have an option in the few games where a team has a player like Vardy that can really punish a CB without pace.

It isn't like just having one guy who has more speed than Dier or Toby means that he is terrible at other things or that he can't play a similar style.
A Dier or Toby with pace will be very pricey

Want him to finish his season at Norwich.....

A seasoned pro on a 18 month deal would be ideal come January.
Ohh January. Yeah he ain’t going anywhere. We are a bit up shit creek if Højbjerg gets injured. Unless we sign Alaba and Dier can play CDM as cover.

:moursad:

He´s playing really well at Norwich, we shouldn´t interfere with his progress there.

We need another midfielder for the second part of this season. I have high hopes for Skipp too, but in my view a new signing wouldn´t take his place or anything like that. Two different things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom