January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And we will sign Vinicius for 40m !! :roflmao:
fucking Mendes !!
I mean,

We are most likely going to end up paying less. 40 mil is just the agreed price that Benfica cannot say no to.

And Carlos has been decent so why are we laughing at potentially making him a permanent?

I mean,

We are most likely going to end up paying less. 40 mil is just the agreed price that Benfica cannot say no to.

And Carlos has been decent so why are we laughing at potentially making him a permanent?
It’s too expensive 40M and I am very happy we won’t pay 50M for gedson too .
If we have the money to pay this move , why they don’t prepare something for a good DC like upamecano . The LOSC paid only 10M for Osimhen who moved for Napoli for 70M .

Last edited:
Stop selling Bergwijn, he's young and already much better than Lucas. Offload Lucas, Lamela, Sanchez. Get box to box midfielder to push Sissoko to the bench, Replace Sanchez. All the business we need for January. If Bale doesn't work send him back to Madrid, get RW. If Alli doesn't get any better replace him with top AM.

At the end of season we'll know much more about Winks/Skippy/Sess/Alli situations, then we can act accordingly.

It’s too expensive 40M and I am very happy we won’t pay 50M for gedson too .
As I said, if we buy Carlos we are most likely not paying the full 40.

It seems to be Benfica's business model when they loan players out. Set a high buyout clause which makes the other club more willing to pay what you are really expecting to get.

Stop selling Bergwijn, he's young and already much better than Lucas. Offload Lucas, Lamela, Sanchez. Get box to box midfielder to push Sissoko to the bench, Replace Sanchez. All the business we need for January. If Bale doesn't work send him back to Madrid, get RW. If Alli doesn't get any better replace him with top AM.

At the end of season we'll know much more about Winks/Skippy/Sess/Alli situations, then we can act accordingly.
Just look at Bergwijn and Lucas yesterday.

Despite Bergwijn blowing two great chances he at the very least got into them. Lucas doesn't have that same guile and is a much more direct player.

Get Leon Bailey in from Leverkusen and have him and Son on either side of Kane with Berwijn as a bench option and that is a dangerous attacking force.

Get Leon Bailey in from Leverkusen and have him and Son on either side of Kane with Berwijn as a bench option and that is a dangerous attacking force.
This is my thinking too. Would it be possible to pry Bailey from top of the table Leverkusen in January? Probably not.

If it was, how do achieve it? IMO, Sanchez (+25m), Lamela(+5m), Moura (+25m), Gazza(5m). 4 non-hg slots open up. Sell Winks (+ 25m), buy HG third choice GK(3/4m). Bailey (-35m), Sabitzer(-35m). We might even come out ahead.

Would have to be done over the jan + summer windows combined.

Neither Bergwijn or Lucas, even Lamela are bad players. They just havnt got what it takes to be a top player and to impact the very biggest games.

I cant really criticise any of them, but clearly if we want to win the big trophies we need to upgrade somebody.

Neither Bergwijn or Lucas, even Lamela are bad players. They just havnt got what it takes to be a top player and to impact the very biggest games.

I cant really criticise any of them, but clearly if we want to win the big trophies we need to upgrade somebody.
I would rather we upgrade on Lamela then Stevie or Lucas personally. I love all 3 of them though, and it's a tough decision.. but Lamela is just so inconsistently available to play games that it makes this decision a lot easier.

Have we been linked to Botman?
Nope. And they only got him in the summer. Might be difficult to pry him from there. They're top of the table, and apparently getting new owners, so no need to sell.

I would rather we upgrade on Lamela then Stevie or Lucas personally. I love all 3 of them though, and it's a tough decision.. but Lamela is just so inconsistently available to play games that it makes this decision a lot easier.
Atm we need Lucas for Vinicius. They are both speaking Portuguese which is a huge deal for Vinicius (he does not speak English at all). Otherwise he could not really connect with other ppl/players except Mourinho. There is a reason why Mou is starting Lucas with Vinnie multiple times in the EL. Explains also why Bergwijn gets a go in the PL instead of Moura. However, with Gio and Tanguy in the midfield, there is truly no place for Dele anymore if you consider every parameter...

I like Lucas and Lamela. But, like Milner for Liverpool, useful to have a guy who reliably tries really hard, but there’s only room for one in a squad I think.

Stevie will come good. We could stand to upgrade a CB and a DM.

Lucas, Winks and Dele might get us £70m...could chuck all of that on a CB and I’d be happy

I like Lucas and Lamela. But, like Milner for Liverpool, useful to have a guy who reliably tries really hard, but there’s only room for one in a squad I think.

Stevie will come good. We could stand to upgrade a CB and a DM.

HG rules say "no".... So does Rodon.

Back
Top Bottom