January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ll give Kulusevski every chance to succeed here but buying the worst players from bigger clubs is not really a winning strategy. If he were any good Juve wouldn’t get rid of him so willingly.

We should be buying the best players from smaller clubs instead, but of course that costs a lot of money. Why spend on players who have been a success when you can loan players who’ve failed?

I mean you could be right but I think fans are overawed by the fact that we are STILL throwing shit at the wall and hoping some of it sticks and have no clear defined strategy when it comes to bringing players in.

He could be a hit but it doesn't fill me with any confidence because it would be a complete fluke, the next player we bring in will likely be a bust, you cannot run a sustainable transfer policy like that and Conte will get tired of that apprach real quick.
I agree with everything you say about the transfer policy. It’s awful.

However, I’m choosing to live in the moment. Life’s too short to get so wound up about something I consider to be a form of enjoyment.

I want the squad to imprint. I think it does with him.

So who we signed? I've been reading all these fantastic articles about the super stars we are shelling out for? So who did levy get???? Oh it feels soooo different from previous windows when levy either bought fck all or somebody who was as good as a man down....

Is there anything more 'Spursy' than signing this staunch gooner cunt?

tanner.jpg
Cunt👍👍

Different situation as I explained earlier- Adama doesn't start RW at Wolves as his finishing isn't good enough. But Conte could have turned him to a great RWB where his limitations aren't as important.

Emerson: Can't cross = "Waster" and an absolute storm of abuse post-Watford.
Traore: Can't cross + poor defender = "potential great WB"???

.....Of course his limitations are important. It's his whole use of the ball that's a problem; not just his "finishing".

Last edited:
Har
Har
Har

I like Kulu, I think he’ll potentially solve a problem. It’s not all about the SPD 90 on FIFA players.
As i don't and never have played that ,i wouldn't know.
And as for my initial quote of your comment, i thought you were talking about signings, not him in particular.
Pretty much convinced we wont sign anyone, so not really thinking about all the players we are being linked with .Daniel's beaten me :)

I agree with everything you say about the transfer policy. It’s awful.

However, I’m choosing to live in the moment. Life’s too short to get so wound up about something I consider to be a form of enjoyment.

I want the squad to imprint. I think it does with him.

You know me BBLG, I'm about as optimistic as they come but this TW has killed me :D, not so much missing out on players (shit happens), it's the blatant lack of due dilligence yet again and general incompetence by those at the top which is making me think that the club aren't in safe hands.

I’ll give Kulusevski every chance to succeed here but buying the worst players from bigger clubs is not really a winning strategy. If he were any good Juve wouldn’t get rid of him so willingly.

We should be buying the best players from smaller clubs instead, but of course that costs a lot of money. Why spend on players who have been a success when you can loan players who’ve failed?

One million per cent as long as we are the only team with an option to buy.

Consider it the result of about 5-10 years of transfers requiring three seasons to adapt and adjust to the league, if at all.

I love it. If you don't hit the ground running then fuck off, we're not activating the buy clause.

I'm fed up with the dead weight polluting out squad. There's nothing bold or romantic about a 60m pound sack of shit like Ndombele sitting in our reserves with a salary on par with our best player.

Best part of the Romero deal too.... If we don't get a tune out of him again before the end of the season we should sack him off as well.

Ditto Gollini: Laters.

Last edited:

We seem to be targeting players who are struggling for game time presumably because they haven't been good enough and swapping them for our dross.
I don't think we have a clue just wild opportunist punts with no coherent strategy the same as the present windows.
Lessons still have not been learnt.

I agree, but think we are in for a long and painful journey
I haven't been to a game in over 2 years now , last one was actually Poch's last game vs Sheffield utd in November 2019

I miss going but I simply refuse to put a penny back into that club until something drastic changes

I realise I am in the minority and I'll be waiting a long time but I just can't bring myself to hand over a penny of my hard earned money to those chancers

Back
Top Bottom