January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who the fuck cares if Skipp scores goals? He’s the 7th attacker in this formation. Mark noble is 34. Skipp just turned 21. Noble took pens for a decade (which account for over 60% of his goals) and you are acting like it makes him a goal scorer.

Did Dembele score 23 goals? Guess he’s no mark noble.

Worst comparison ever.
The comparison was with their playing styles, the goals bit was just a throwaway comment, see my reply above to Airfixx Airfixx for (hopefully) a better stab at explaining.

Thought that was clear sarcasm tbf, if you think I'm trying to big up Mark Noble then it's just crossed wires, I'm not, it was intended as a disappointing assessment of Skipp so far rather than high praise for Noble.

And it wasn't a criticism of Skipp for not scoring goals either, that's not what he's there for, just my opinion that I haven't seen anything particularly special from his performances so far, seems a bit agricultural.

I don't feel I've been overly scathing of Skipp, I'm open to seeing more from him, and he certainly seemed to be more impressive for Norwich, but it remains to be seen whether he can eventually replicate that form at a higher level.

Fair enough..... I certainly don't feel overtly aggrieved by anything you've said.

Handshake extended.

Hope Levy has £50M to also pump into the youth, so in 2-3years we don't have the clusterfuck squad situation again...

How do we have Bergwijn and Gil, yet no discernable midfielder with a consistent, prem proven, effective forward thinking skillset??? (and I love Gils potential)

We quickly forgot what Sandro, Wilson, Dembele did for us, allowing that empty 'lads, it's Spurs' squad to re-emerge, just as every team in the division knows you need effective consistent runners/athletes/beasts in the middle... FFS!!!

I have to be honest I am not seeing it currently, my brother raves about him and I really want him to come good as he is one of our own but I think everyone is getting to the point where we need some instant reply to this shit we've all been watching for the last few years. Everyone's patience is running out or has run out.
Get your brother back on his meds asap.

His cardiac condition and Conte’s regime may create an unnecessary health risk.
that's right... you could be right. I don't know the answer to this situation... but he's a free agent - that's gotta be attractive to Levy - so that makes him realistic. He's got history with Spurs, so would fit right in, making it easier for him. Conte just won a league with him in midfield, so if they have a good relationship, then that will really help. It all comes down to whether he would want to and whether is health would be ok. If the answers there are yes, then I reckon they find a way to make it work. Ledley used to put in world class performances every week without even training and with only one leg...

Back
Top Bottom