January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

American food culture like the country itself i find very young. I honestly struggled with the quality of the food when I lived there. Loads of it very cheap and horribly average.
I'm amazed they aren't all 300lbs over there. I sometimes watch Diners, Drive-ins and Drive-by's or whatever the fuck that show is called. The amount of calories in even their average meal is frightening. They layer everything with cheese, sauces, creams then it's all fried, barbecued in calorific marinades and sauces.

The portion sizes dwarf anything you see here. It's like every meal is about 1800 calories or they don't feel like it counts.

EPL rules/insurance issues are paramount here, but otherwise as a free, short-term 'bridging' option there's a lot of value in this idea all of a sudden.... Even if it's accepted that he won't be a weekly 90minute man.

Familiar surroundings and same boss as last year..... Settling in period would be minimal too.

Any cheeky little deals like this will allow our valuable time and finances to be focused elsewhere in January.....

Seeing as he's not got a club atm; couldn't we even bringing him in now as a free agent? ......What a welcome spark that could provide!

You are actually talking about a man we all thought was burned out and past usefulness, for us, then went to Italy won Serie A mostly from the bench, before his last competitive game this summer saw him die on the pitch, before being brought back.

The whole post above talks like he never just had Cardiac Arrest and may still be the old Christian.

Mash Up Dog GIF

Have you seen how much zombie like activity our current players are exhibiting? Christian might add a spark?!

We need the fittest players on earth right now, lots of them, some technique preferred, but our bar is low there, so...

You are actually talking about a man we all thought was burned out and past usefulness, for us, then went to Italy won Serie A mostly from the bench, before his last competitive game this summer saw him die on the pitch, before being brought back.

The whole post above talks like he never just had Cardiac Arrest and may still be the old Christian.

Mash Up Dog GIF

Have you seen how much zombie like activity our current players are exhibiting? Christian might add a spark?!

We need the fittest players on earth right now, lots of them, some technique preferred, but our bar is low there, so...

I'm not saying I'm pro re-signing Eriksen (we really need to move on..) but what he would offer us is a player who can actually pass a football, has a first touch, and doesn't shit himself whenever pressed by an opposition footballer. Also someone who Conte worked with so would know his system now and know his responsibilities.

Daley Blind had similar heart related issues, it can be dealt with and the player can still play at a good level afterwards, if conditions are right. I'm pretty sure if he was gonna go anywhere it'd be back to Ajax, but if we did get him then hey, another footballer who can actually play football. We'd have about four or five then!

I'm not saying I'm pro re-signing Eriksen (we really need to move on..) but what he would offer us is a player who can actually pass a football, has a first touch, and doesn't shit himself whenever pressed by an opposition footballer. Also someone who Conte worked with so would know his system now and know his responsibilities.

Daley Blind had similar heart related issues, it can be dealt with and the player can still play at a good level afterwards, if conditions are right. I'm pretty sure if he was gonna go anywhere it'd be back to Ajax, but if we did get him then hey, another footballer who can actually play football. We'd have about four or five then!

For Ajax and Holland they appear to keep Blind to 60mins or so, plus he's CB not CM/AM that's hugely different to running metrics/demands on team shapes to press/sprint.

If he'd come in as a training mentor, I'm all in. The prem is way too fierce for Eriksen/Blind types IMO.

For Ajax and Holland they appear to keep Blind to 60mins or so, plus he's CB not CM/AM that's hugely different to running metrics/demands on team shapes to press/sprint.

If he'd come in as a training mentor, I'm all in. The prem is way too fierce for Eriksen/Blind types IMO.

It would be interesting to see how much his fitness has been impacted. If he's unable to press/keep up with play then sure, useless. But I don't think that's necessarily a given.

He could come in as an impact player and I think it would be a reasonable signing. He can take a set piece (unlike our entire squad) and has creativity and technical qualities. Certainly I'd prefer even a half fit Eriksen coming off the bench to say Lo Celso.

I'm not about to sit here and listen to a Brit say a goddamn word about pizza.

Dominos IS the best pizza you'll ever eat in the UK.

Domino's is the worst pizza you can get in the UK. Even shitty 2/5 health rating kebab places serve up more enjoyable pizza's.

Most places here now have some more trendy Italian chain around tbh. Not amazing but way better than Domino's.

Domino's is the worst pizza you can get in the UK. Even shitty 2/5 health rating kebab places serve up more enjoyable pizza's.

Most places here now have some more trendy Italian chain around tbh. Not amazing but way better than Domino's.
My experience has been that England has its own wonderful cheeses, and also good French cheese, Camembert, Brie, etc available in abundance and utilize it wonderfully in its normal cuisine.

Any other kind of cheese is a total disaster over there, especially anything that’s meant to be gooey/stringy.

Consequently, all pizza and Mexican food I’ve ever tried over there has been awful.

But of course, English pub breakfasts, chip shops and takeaway Indian is all you need over there, why try anything else?

We need a mix of youth an senior players in. Youth to continue the long term rebuild. And some senior players to help instil the mentality and culture that Conte wants to instil into the team.

A Chiellini style figure as was said a few pages back. But maybe not a 36 year old. But someone established that can take the kids under his wings.

I'm not about to sit here and listen to a Brit say a goddamn word about pizza.

Dominos IS the best pizza you'll ever eat in the UK.

If you only do big chains, abstract but maybe, if you go Indi-Italian...

Forget the chains. Even a wood fired pop-up beats most chains.

Best I ever had, was in Kotor, Montenegro (and I've toured Italy, been on multiple holidays there and countries around who also have penchant), also Croatia I thought betters Italy from a small sample of small restaurants (maybe 20-30 each).

We Brits are good food sluts, The US just food sluts, it seems somewhat.

It would be interesting to see how much his fitness has been impacted. If he's unable to press/keep up with play then sure, useless. But I don't think that's necessarily a given.

He could come in as an impact player and I think it would be a reasonable signing. He can take a set piece (unlike our entire squad) and has creativity and technical qualities. Certainly I'd prefer even a half fit Eriksen coming off the bench to say Lo Celso.
He’s not half fit though, he’s half dead (as a top level athlete). Nice idea, was a lovely player but will never happen and rightly so

Back
Top Bottom