January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

72z6ig.gif
Blimey wasn’t that funny

Sky Sports have him to City for 14.7M!!..that's less than we've paid for Doherty and Emerson. And not much more than we paid for Jack Clarke.

Maybe some agents have got a massive chunk of cash but that fee looks ridiculously low.

S/American clubs don't tend to have much leverage when selling their players though.....

.......Maybe the leap in levels is accepted to be too vast to command £30/40m and upwards style fees?

F'knows tbh.

Last edited:
if Dele is going to Everton, I'd actually rather it was a loan with an option.
Reason? He is a Lampard style player, who plays on the peripheral but scores a lot of goals out of nothing.
Who better to raise his game than the man himself?

If I was Levy and selling was the only option, I would put a lot of bonus add ons in case Lampard gets a tune out of him.

I can't see it, but if that did occur what happens next? He comes back and turns into same old Dele again when he can't play in that role?

I have hoped for a long time that he will regain his form and we will see even part of the old Dele, but I think it's just long gone now. Even though it made him do some pretty childish and stupid things at times, he had a particular fire in him that helped him be great. Poch helped him to start to mature a bit and try to take the negative aspects of that out of his game, but it's almost he lost all the drive and intensity along with it.

I’m genuinely concerned Woolwich will massively improve with that loser out of the building.

He's been out of the picture for ages yet in January they had more red cards than goals.

I agree (bar Gil of course) that these are finished players who we’re better off without, and that their sulking being ancillary players is more negative than any benefit they’d provide.

But do note that we’ve got 4 more league games to play than normal at this stage. A lot of midweek action still to come. SOMEONE is gonna have to play.

Like, if all these outgoings are true, at the very least Harvey White’s gotta stay. But we should be doing more than that.

Gil as an inverted right winger and one of Lucas/Bergwijn as a RWB would have made more sense, I dunno.

Gil isn't going to come back IMO.
Looks tricky but actually added nothing in any of his games. Hopefully he performs this next half season and we can recover money.

Back
Top Bottom