January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But if he goes to Rangers after allegedly turning down Burnley, I don't really get it.

Makes sense to me.

Go to a team leading a 2 horse race for the league title, Lower standard so can stand out more (aging players can do bits in Scotland, see Defoe last year), win 90% of your games while, be managed by Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, if he wanted to stay the winners of the SPL go straight into the CL group stage next season so there's be an opportunity to put yourself into the shop window. Rangers won't be turning down a decent offer for any if their players.

I'd rather that than probably be humped every week under Dyche and maybe scrape the relegation battle.

Dele was a lovely player but his skill was his ability to get everywhere and make something out of nothing. He doesn’t seem as mobile these days and unless Lampard’s system allows a role for a free floating CM/AM it won’t work for them.

I think if Lampard gets Alli, he will do gpod things with him. I can really see that.

Last edited:
Had Conte saying just a week ago that we don't have enough depth and now we are removing players without replacing them at the last minute...

Don't get me wrong, Dele needs to be sold but who is replacing him?

Well another way of loooking at it is that we've got rid of 3 players he won't use and gained 2 players he will use.

Depth is pointless if the options are useless

3 big wage bills off the books, Dele sold permanently. We were willing to splash 60m on Diaz and weve only spent 25m on Bentancur and Kulu loan. There's some money left to push for top 4 with one more signing. Come on Levy stick 40m on the table for Lamptey or Pau Torres and it's go time motherfucker!!!

Back
Top Bottom