January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having a 7/10 performer at right back is an amazing relief after the shit we've been through since Walker.

Yeh it’s more about consistency for me. Aurier could put in a 8/10 performance and then next week a 3/10, or he would have a 8/10 performance but do a fuck up at 90 mins. Oddly his most consistent season was last season but it was over by then and Doherty simply isn’t of the quality.

If Royal is consistent then we have him and Tanganga which is a pretty decent RB set up. If Sessegnon is able to compete with Regulion then we might be ok on the LB side as well.

We need to get a striker in to rotate with Harry/make us not as reliant on him. The question is who do we go for.

Do we go for a more senior name that is happy to play backup? A youngster that is looking to replace Harry when he is sold? Someone stuck at a big club that needs a loan and playing time?

We need to get a striker in to rotate with Harry/make us not as reliant on him. The question is who do we go for.

Do we go for a more senior name that is happy to play backup? A youngster that is looking to replace Harry when he is sold? Someone stuck at a big club that needs a loan and playing time?
A good striker, Martinez or Vlahovic

Loan in January would be most doable.....

Splurge on that Vlahovic bloke (if he's the best on our radar) in the summer and impress upon him a starting role is his if he wants it bad enough.

How's Isak been doing so far this season?

Think people are over-egging Emerson's performance yesterday a little, had that one great piece of defending, but he was at best a 7/10 and wasted the ball away a little too often.

Early doors etc. but I think Leon Bailey would have gave him more of a test had he got been injured.
When was the last time either of our RB options were 7/10 . It was Japhet Tanganga against City. And that lads clearly a Centreback so I get why folk are over rating him.

Rescue jovic from Madrid to sunny north London?

Vlahovic if doable. Gouiri, Moffi, J.David, Bayo(Clermont.. Ivan Toney trajectory, rangey interesting player, watched him a few weeks ago, one to look out for this season.), R.Leao. Charles De Ketelaere (Brugge) was very impressive in the CL games.

I think you guys are dreaming. We aren’t going to pay 60mil for Vlahovic and have him sit on the bench. And I doubt he would come to sit on the bench. We would only buy him if Harry is off.

I think a loan signing is more likely. Maybe Dembele for Barca for the last 6 months of his contract.

Toney would be great as he would accept the understudy role to Kane. But he’s unlikely to move in winter.

Back
Top Bottom