January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vlahovic contract talks broken down, as per Fabrizio Romano, perhaps one we will see being looked at again in Jan?
I really think we need this player whatever Harry Kane's future holds. This lad should be part of our rebuild. Full expect he'll end up at City. Two in for Jan two out Vlahovic Sule. Winks Sanchez.

"You gotta have dream if you don't have a dream how you gonna make a dream come true"

I think you guys are dreaming. We aren’t going to pay 60mil for Vlahovic and have him sit on the bench. And I doubt he would come to sit on the bench. We would only buy him if Harry is off.

I think a loan signing is more likely. Maybe Dembele for Barca for the last 6 months of his contract.

Toney would be great as he would accept the understudy role to Kane. But he’s unlikely to move in winter.

Why would Toney be any more likely to accept a bench role? ......Particularly with things all rosey at Brentford atm.

That aside, we need contingency and fwd planning which means Kane can't be relied upon to be committed to being our main man anymore.

The pitch has to be "you'll have the opportunity to succeed Kane" now and it should be much more believable than it once was.

Last edited:
so we address that then. Lloris and Gollini might not be with us next season. Davinson may have blow his last last chance, Dier too. If quality is available now that will improve the team and maybe give us a chance of top 4 or a cup, take it

The correct answer is Doherty out in Jan.

Considering most want rid of Winks & Dele that problem isn't going away any time soon tho.

Why would Toney be anymore likely to accept a bench role? ......Particularly with things all rosey at Brentford atm.

That aside, we need contingency and fwd planning which means Kane can't be relied upon to be committed to being our main man anymore.

The pitch has to be "you'll have the opportunity to succeed Kane" now and it should be much more believable than it

Indeed. Toney is coming off the back of a 33 goal season in the championship and looks great over here as well. Energetic, physical striker who is dangerous for any side .. plenty of teams will be interested in him as a starting striker, not a bench player!

I honestly wouldn't be against Toney as the Kane replacement when/if he goes, if it would be possible to prise him from Brentford. He'd transform our attack as he's a much more mobile, active threat than Kane, would benefit Son a lot to have him in the side imo.

Although he's certainly going nowhere in January.

Indeed. Toney is coming off the back of a 33 goal season in the championship and looks great over here as well. Energetic, physical striker who is dangerous for any side .. plenty of teams will be interested in him as a starting striker, not a bench player!

I honestly wouldn't be against Toney as the Kane replacement when/if he goes, if it would be possible to prise him from Brentford. He'd transform our attack as he's a much more mobile, active threat than Kane, would benefit Son a lot to have him in the side imo.

Although he's certainly going nowhere in January.
This is like reading my post last season when Brentford hit a bump. I was hoping they'd blow promotion and we'd move for him then. Got a good bit of stick from folk saying he wasn't up to it and going on about Watkins. I still maintain Toney is better than him

This is like reading my post last season when Brentford hit a bump. I was hoping they'd blow promotion and we'd move for him then. Got a good bit of stick from folk saying he wasn't up to it and going on about Watkins. I still maintain Toney is better than him

Toney is 100% better than Watkins, much more modern forward. His all round game has been fantastic for Brentford this season, he's always a threat to the opposition regardless of whether he scores or assists, which is something we lack imo. Defenders can't rest when he's around.

Should be in the England squad, but Southgate gonna Southgate.

I think you guys are dreaming. We aren’t going to pay 60mil for Vlahovic and have him sit on the bench. And I doubt he would come to sit on the bench. We would only buy him if Harry is off.

I think a loan signing is more likely. Maybe Dembele for Barca for the last 6 months of his contract.

Toney would be great as he would accept the understudy role to Kane. But he’s unlikely to move in winter.
Is that your dog in the avi?

What's his name and can I have his no please

Doc Doc

Would this be good in Jan? (bear in mind we have reached foreign player limit for ECL):

OUT:
Kane- Man City £110M
Doherty- Free
Sanchez- AC Milan

IN:
Vlahovic- £50M (contract out July 2023)
Kessie- £20M (contract out July 2022)
Tomori- Sanchez & £15M (HG)

Doc Doc

Would this be good in Jan? (bear in mind we have reached foreign player limit for ECL):

OUT:
Kane- Man City £110M
Doherty- Free
Sanchez- AC Milan

IN:
Vlahovic- £50M (contract out July 2023)
Kessie- £20M (contract out July 2022)
Tomori- Sanchez & £15M (HG)

We need 1 more striker anyway even with Kane so if Kane goes you would ideally be looking at 2.

We need 1 more striker anyway even with Kane so if Kane goes you would ideally be looking at 2.

Never gonna bag 2 x ST in Jan, which is why Kane should at least stay til the summer.

Last edited:
Doherty should go in Jan regardless.... Even if it's just a loan.

No need to bin him off for free though..... He's worth a couple of mil to one struggler or another.

Doherty should go in Jan regardless...
shooting-horse.jpg

Back
Top Bottom