January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The price difference between selling Kane in Jan or July may be big.
Simply because Pep only has a few more seasons left at City. I doubt they'll win CL unless they get a striker. So having Kane for KO stages this season has huge value for them.

Possibly but unless the deal works brilliantly for us I wouldn’t go for it. If Kane meant Toney and Vlahovic in Jan then yeh I can see a reason but Vlahovic would be a gamble coming to a new league and he would be our only striker unless we are including 17 year old Scarlett.

Wait till the summer and go for Toney and Vlahovic after selling Kane.
Brentford could seriously rip us off for Toney.

Vlahovic may be harder to get in the summer as many clubs may want to vulture a player with 1 year left on the contract. Same with Kessie, who may go on a free, but get massive sign on bonus from a big club.

Would love it if we secured both Vlahovic and Kessie this Jan. Long term future key. Kane will be gone soon anyway, may as well get it over and done with.

Vlahovic may be harder to get in the summer as many clubs may want to vulture a player with 1 year left on the contract. Same with Kessie, who may go on a free, but get massive sign on bonus from a big club.

Would love it if we secured both Vlahovic and Kessie this Jan. Long term future key. Kane will be gone soon anyway, may as well get it over and done with.

My concern would be Vlahovic taking time to work leaving us totally exposed up top. Brentford have every right to rip us off for Toney but if Kane goes for say £110m and our outlay is say £130m for Vlahovic and Tony, if Levy can’t stump up for long term improvement he can get fucked.

My concern would be Vlahovic taking time to work leaving us totally exposed up top. Brentford have every right to rip us off for Toney but if Kane goes for say £110m and our outlay is say £130m for Vlahovic and Tony, if Levy can’t stump up for long term improvement he can get fucked.
I think £130M is too much for Vlahovic & Toney.
Toney great in the air, but he hasn't been prolific so far for Brentford imo.

Of course Vlahovic as only recognised CF is a risk, perhaps by Jan there'll be a HG striker performing well in the Championship we can bring in too?

I think £130M is too much for Vlahovic & Toney.
Toney great in the air, but he hasn't been prolific so far for Brentford imo.

Of course Vlahovic as only recognised CF is a risk, perhaps by Jan there'll be a HG striker performing well in the Championship we can bring in too?
We won’t be signing anyone from the championship unfortunately with Paratici and Steve Itching

The Chilean and Stoke sensation Ben Brereton Diaz? 10 goals right now in 11 games and one assist. 22 years old. Full Chilean international.

Last year of his contract with Blackburn as well.

If I'm them; I"m offering him a fat new deal and putting a fat release clause in his contract, relegation clauses the whole shebang.

Buy Kessie in Jan.... He'll go to PSG or someone else for free otherwise.

Nail the Vlahovic deal in Jan understanding that we won't get him til the summer (loan back or whatever) and shoot for a loan on someone for the second half of the season or maybe even buy a back-up if one presents itself.

Next summer =

Kessie + Sarr + PEH + Skipp (+ 1 of Gio/TN should either of them finally prove themselves.)
Vlahovic + Kane/Other(***) (+Son)

(*** "other" being posing the age back-up ST dilemma..... Vlah + Kane staying is ideal in that respect.)

If I'm them; I"m offering him a fat new deal and putting a fat release clause in his contract, relegation clauses the whole shebang.

Buy Kessie in Jan.... He'll go to PSG or someone else for free otherwise.

Nail the Vlahovic deal in Jan understanding that we won't get him til the summer (loan back or whatever) and shoot for a loan on someone for the second half of the season or maybe even buy a back-up if one presents itself.

Next summer =

Kessie + Sarr + PEH + Skipp (+ 1 of Gio/TN should either of them finally prove themselves.)
Vlahovic + Kane/Other(***) (+Son)

(*** "other" being posing the age back-up ST dilemma..... Vlah + Kane staying is ideal in that respect.)
This sounds good, but HG is starting to become a serious issue if we sell Kane.
What makes it even worse is that the other wasters in our squad, Alli and Winks, are both HG too.

Running into serious problems.
Hence I proposed that Sanchez for Tomori swap.

Vlahovic probably available in January
Also lots of potential free agents.

We really need Paratici to make some good moves. We definitely need one attacker in in the window. Maybe a creative mid too. Just to bolster our attack, give us more options etc.

This sounds good, but HG is starting to become a serious issue if we sell Kane.

As far as tricky positions like ST go; we'll have to do whatever is do-able and have to balance out elsewhere.

What makes it even worse is that the other wasters in our squad, Alli and Winks, are both HG too.

Running into serious problems.

Sure; but you they're their own issue; at least for the purposes of this conversation.

Hence I proposed that Sanchez for Tomori swap.

No disrespect, but fan-fiction solutions about swap deals with clubs where there's little or no grounds to suspect one is no solution at all really.

Sounds good, but he needs to be be a HG sadly.
He was born and raised in Stoke and has played for Stoke, Nottingham Forest and Blackburn.

He plays for Chile because his mom is from there and they randomly called him up for the Copa in the summer due to a small striker crisis for the Chilean team. He's as homegrown as you can get.

He was born and raised in Stoke and has played for Stoke, Nottingham Forest and Blackburn.

He plays for Chile because his mom is from there and they randomly called him up for the Copa in the summer due to a small striker crisis for the Chilean team. He's as homegrown as you can get.
That’s ideal, hopefully our scouts are watching him.

Adam Armstrong also scored bags of goals for them last season; do Blackburn just set up well for their CF, or are the recent CFs just great quality?

This thread should be re-named fan fiction solutions.

What about:

- All the ITK bullshit.
- The faux-journalism

.....And best of all the recipes and film reviews :sonhmm:

Seriously though... There's levels.... There's posting wishlists and such, but kidding one's self that club X will take one of our players just cos it's convenient to our side of a discussion is pretty flacid.

Maybe I"m wrong, but has Sanchez been linked to AC?
Is there any kind of indication that AC will want to let Tamori go after his first season?

That’s ideal, hopefully our scouts are watching him.

Adam Armstrong also scored bags of goals for them last season; do Blackburn just set up well for their CF, or are the recent CFs just great quality?
I can't claim to watch much Blackburn, but based on highlights they seem to be playing a good style of football. Brereton also played mainly as a left winger last season according to transfermarkt (7 goals that season). So he has benefited from Armstrong moving on since he is now playing centrally.

He looks like a mobile, tall striker.

Back
Top Bottom