January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ Lilley white Rose is drivel nearly all of these figures are utter crap. I know its not as sexy but we paid off my head £26 million for Soldado and £55 million for N'dombele , and as I understand it the Levy voodoo means the add ons that take that later deal to the quoted 65 ain't ever ever ever happening and yes we STILL got ripped off. But getting out of bed's a risk.

Last edited:
Newcastle are about to become the richest club in the world but a lot of distance. We're about to see whether club ambition matters, or whether its just money talking (I think we all know the answer).
According to the Telegraph the new owners original plan was to spend about 100 million in transfers over the first four years so they may not steamroll the league just yet. Newcastle have a lot of behind the scenes issues to fix first.

Newcastle are about to become the richest club in the world but a lot of distance. We're about to see whether club ambition matters, or whether its just money talking (I think we all know the answer).
They will probably nab our spot in the super league when it inevitably happens as well.

monty python GIF

You obvious haven't read the small print of the rules...

• Pursuant to Rule 14 (b), none of the foregoing shall apply in the event that your owners behead gays in public or imprison slaves migrant workers in labour camps
Or,

• Pursuant to Rule 14 (c), none of the foregoing shall apply in the event that your owners pay sufficient backsheesh.

Christ Lilley white Rose is drivel nearly all of these figures are utter crap. I know its not as sexy but we paid off my head £26 million for Soldado and £55 million for N'dombele , and as I understand it the Levy voodoo means the add ons that take that later deal to the quoted 65 ain't ever ever ever happening and yes we STILL got ripped off. But getting out of bed's a risk.

It doesn't really change the fact he's right. The more we spend, the more shit they seem to be.
And I'm pretty sure the numbers he's quoting are "out there" as no two media sources ever say the same number and the club sure as shit don't say how much they spent.

Let them be. It just makes slaying them all the more fruity.

I can see a club like Liverpool going for him too. Firmino doesn't score enough for them
Possibly. Hard to know what clubs finances will be like, I'm sure Juventus/AC Milan would be interested. With Liverpool, I'd imagine their main spend will be concentrated on central midfield and getting Salah on a new contract, and if they're going for a forward I have a feeling they'll target Amine Gouiri, very much in the Firmino mould and probably 20m cheaper than Vlahovic.

Back
Top Bottom