January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Possibly. Hard to know what clubs finances will be like, I'm sure Juventus/AC Milan would be interested. With Liverpool, I'd imagine their main spend will be concentrated on central midfield and getting Salah on a new contract, and if they're going for a forward I have a feeling they'll target Amine Gouiri, very much in the Firmino mould and probably 20m cheaper than Vlahovic.

I wonder if Newcastle will tap up Salah now. They could triple Liverpool’s offer. Hopefully they do and he turns them down.

Newcastle are about to become the richest club in the world but a lot of distance. We're about to see whether club ambition matters, or whether its just money talking (I think we all know the answer).
I forecast that they will win nothing and once the regime have had enough they will sell at a loss and depart.
Surely an owner should be interested in football not publicity.

The interesting thing about the majority of our big signings are that they've come to us on a huge transfer fee after one breakout season. Lo Celso, Sanchez, Reguilon and NDombele had little to speak of, then one big season and whoosh, transfer to Spurs.

The interesting thing about the majority of our big signings are that they've come to us on a huge transfer fee after one breakout season. Lo Celso, Sanchez, Reguilon and NDombele had little to speak of, then one big season and whoosh, transfer to Spurs.

Mad really isn't it?

Shows we have really poor scouting, not in base - going to cast the eye over - terms. But in physiology/background, we stank of a club that said "Wow, we've got £150M extra now due to going deep in the CL, we've got no long term data analysts for skills gaps, so let Poch use his gut".

Not blaming Poch, as the team should have been in place, to give 6 choices and RED FLAGS due to long term intense study, like "Poch are you sure about NDombele, he has multiple flags over training attitude, desire, physiology. Maybe player X.Y,Z better fits your needs of Mousa II".

Probably a side effect of crashing into the top table, without the structural growth alongside it to sustain it moving forward, suddenly players were giving us eyes we'd never been close to before and we truly ballsed it up! (Imagine if we'd got a couple of current quality Bissouma's, rather than two players for £100M odd who are not tough enough to play regular week in week out games)

Mad really isn't it?

Shows we have really poor scouting, not in base - going to cast the eye over - terms. But in physiology/background, we stank of a club that said "Wow, we've got £150M extra now due to going deep in the CL, we've got no long term data analysts for skills gaps, so let Poch use his gut".

Not blaming Poch, as the team should have been in place, to give 6 choices and RED FLAGS due to long term intense study, like "Poch are you sure about NDombele, he has multiple flags over training attitude, desire, physiology. Maybe player X.Y,Z better fits your needs of Mousa II".

Probably a side effect of crashing into the top table, without the structural growth alongside it to sustain it moving forward, suddenly players were giving us eyes we'd never been close to before and we truly ballsed it up! (Imagine if we'd got a couple of current quality Bissouma's, rather than two players for £100M odd who are not tough enough to play regular week in week out games)
I said it many times, I think we've previously and still under Paratici buy the individual rather than buy players for the purpose of maximising team potential. If we want to play a defensive midfielder go and buy a proper defensive midfielder not try and convert someone into doing the job.

Mentions that we'll be in for an attacking player in January, non-committal mention of Adama Traore, and that any Vlahovic move would be more likely in the Summer.

I'd love to see us try to get Raphina from Leeds. Watched him play the second half for Brazil last night and he was the best player on the field by some distance. Brilliant set pieces, set up a disallowed header from a deep FK and the eventual equalizer from a corner. Then made a nice run and pass to create the opportunity that resulted in Brazil winning a penalty, before teeing up Antony for their third goal. Think he's good enough to play for any team, but no doubt we'll be in for somebody much cheaper and he'll end up at a top club.

Emerson Royal came on for the last 20mins and did well, playing a really good pass for Raphina in the build to the third goal. Strong, front-foot aggressive defending from him too.

Mentions that we'll be in for an attacking player in January, non-committal mention of Adama Traore, and that any Vlahovic move would be more likely in the Summer.

I'd love to see us try to get Raphina from Leeds. Watched him play the second half for Brazil last night and he was the best player on the field by some distance. Brilliant set pieces, set up a disallowed header from a deep FK and the eventual equalizer from a corner. Then made a nice run and pass to create the opportunity that resulted in Brazil winning a penalty, before teeing up Antony for their third goal. Think he's good enough to play for any team, but no doubt we'll be in for somebody much cheaper and he'll end up at a top club.

Emerson Royal came on for the last 20mins and did well, playing a really good pass for Raphina in the build to the third goal. Strong, front-foot aggressive defending from him too.

What's the rumoured change in system they mention in the tweet? If you have access to the Athletic that is.

What's the rumoured change in system they mention in the tweet? If you have access to the Athletic that is.
Reader question asking about the likelihood of a 3-5-2. Answer given was just guesswork really, nothing implying he's been told a shift to three CB's is on the cards.

Reader question asking about the likelihood of a 3-5-2. Answer given was just guesswork really, nothing implying he's been told a shift to three CB's is on the cards.
Cheers.

I am personally of the opinion that it is worth trying. So many of our defenders are used to the 3 at the back system already. But it may sacrifice Lucas unless we play him as a 10. And he is doing a lot of the ball carrying for us in the offensive half.

Sounded like a load of guesses to me. Will we really be in for Traore again for example? He played well when he was wanting to move to us but is now on the bench and has reverted to his level as he didn't get his move. Who's to say he wouldn't just do the same if we signed him. Weak mentality I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom