January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hojbjerg was 15m plus KWP.

KWP is better than Doherty who we then had to pay 15m for. TM currently have KWP valued at 16m. They state his value in the transfer was 11m. Either way that puts the cost of getting Hojbjerg at 26-30m in actual cost. Not 10-12.

His value has absolutely fuck all to do with Ndombele or LoCelso. Whatever we think of them.
Not sure you're right there BC, regarding Hojbjerg and KWP. My understanding was that PEH was £15M, whilst we sold KWP for £12M, so we effectively ended up with PEH for £3M actual cost.

"He can sign to leave in a matter of weeks?!?!?"
:contehandshead:

"Fear not! We have Gollini! No need to invest in that position for years!"
:levylol:

"..........."
:contesideeye:

"Eeerrrrrrrrr, Charlie, you still got that number?"
:kanehand:

The RWB is probably a smart move.
Wing backs are absolutely key to Contes system and apart from Emerson (who’s only okay at best) we really don’t have any other viable option there.

One option we could look at is exploiting Barcas troubles again and going for Sergino Dest, their right back we should have gone for last summer.

If the RWB rumours are true then it's good news. Emerson is not going to magically become a marauding fullback, he's basically not suited to this system.

Surely we also have to be looking at a LCB? Our current plan for that role is hope Davies doesn't get injured and can play every minute.

Not sure you're right there BC, regarding Hojbjerg and KWP. My understanding was that PEH was £15M, whilst we sold KWP for £12M, so we effectively ended up with PEH for £3M actual cost.

Presumably you’ve read past this post now and got to the one where I acknowledge I was wrong thinking it was 15m plus KWP.

But he didn’t cost 3m. He cost 15m. We just ended up with a net 3m spend on those two deals.

If the RWB rumours are true then it's good news. Emerson is not going to magically become a marauding fullback, he's basically not suited to this system.

Surely we also have to be looking at a LCB? Our current plan for that role is hope Davies doesn't get injured and can play every minute.
Dier can play on the left, he’s comfortable with his weaker foot unlike some players who can’t knock a ten yard pass. Need to be realistic, can’t have two players for every position like the fake oil conglomerates

dybala to replace lucas ---> cost 0
brozovic to replace winks ---> cost 0
gravenberch to replace ndombelè ----> cost: 35-40M ?

agree?
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

Back
Top Bottom