January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ligue 1 expert Adam White believes that this season has been a “failure” for Tottenham Hotspur loanee Pape Matar Sarr, who has been playing for Metz in the French top-flight.

The midfielder was signed by Spurs for a fee of £14.6m in the summer but was immediately loaned back to Metz for the remainder of the campaign.

What’s the latest with Sarr?
The 19-year-old has emerged as a real talent during his time with the French club but he has somewhat struggled for minutes this season.

A Senegal international with four caps to his name, Sarr can play in a variety of midfield positions, including both defensive and attacking midfield.

But his minutes have not exactly been consistent during his time in Ligue 1 this term.

He has made 13 starts and has completed the 90 minutes just eight times in total.

Sarr has impressed, though, particularly in terms of the statistics that he boasts, per fbref.

He is in the top 20 per cent of midfielders in Europe’s top five leagues when it comes to non-penalty goals, total shots, and progressive carries.

He can move the ball forward well but White has found it difficult to watch him repeatedly consigned to the bench throughout the 2021/22 season.

What did White say?
Speaking to GiveMeSport, he said: "So at the moment, this season is a bit of a failure for both Sarr and for Tottenham because neither party is getting what they hoped. I don't know if there's a clause to recall him, maybe there is, but it's not something I know off the top of my head.

“At the moment, it wouldn't make much difference whether he was at Tottenham or at Metz, sitting on the bench at Tottenham is probably better than sitting on the bench at Metz, just for his development.”

Is Sarr good?
As his statistics show, he genuinely is an excellent option for Spurs and they will be hoping that he plays regular minutes at Metz throughout the remainder of the campaign.

If he is to come into the north London club at the end of the season and make an impact, he has to be getting minutes regularly in France.

Otherwise, Spurs may well be minded to loan him out again in the summer.

That would be a shame, because he is clearly an excellent option when it comes to moving the ball up the pitch.

He is the kind of player Spurs need and it is understandable that director of football Fabio Paratici allowed him to go back to Metz, even if it hasn’t quite worked as he would have liked.
We should have put in his contract to play a certain amount of minutes when loaning him back. Metz arent going to play him enough when hes technically not theirs

DL would love to sell, he has for some time wanted this but no one has been found who would meet his price….

He would also believe it or not love for Spurs to be successful and be winning things because despite his off field successes with the new stadium and the training set up, his legacy would be forever tainted and remembered for what his tenure didnt achieve…

Lets be honest he could have easily sold out by now for a lesser price but for still an amazing profit, spend more time in his Bahaman home and be done…but he hasnt, why not? For the agro? The extra few hundred mil? Or because his ultimate goal he has still not achieved….

How am I supporting Levy? Not at all. My disappointment with Levy has been documented plenty.
I am supporting Tottenham, Conte leaving now would leave us in the lurch.

Having signed his contract Conte has an obligation to us for its duration. He's a top professional so I expect he'll fulfill it. Leaving after a couple of months because he's not getting signings would be pathetic.

Conte has signed that contract knowing full well the recent history of the club, he really can't be that naive. If he's not happy, he can leave at the end of his contract.
There is very little loyalty and sticking to contracts in football. Clubs treat players like commodities, most players are mercenary. Managers are no different, Levy has fired 9 managers yet Conte must honour a contract with Spurs. It would be nice but doubt Conte will stay if he feels let down

Not sure they need to move before it happens but ultimately, as i said yesterday, we cant just keep collecting them, they must be moved on at some point….and that point for some is quite overdue….

Maybe, as I said in response to the last time you said this, Levy needs to take the first step to breaking the hoarding habit. That is letting go of your unwanted rubbish. At the moment, he still thinks it's worth something.
My dad kept this shit heap Mondeo on his drive for years because he thought it was worth thousands. He had no idea it would cost him money to take it away until the family had an intervention.

Media outlet discovers players contract running out so goes back to last club linked and 2+2 is 13.

TFC scouts frothing at the mouth at next Messi being sold without being given a chance.

DL would love to sell, he has for some time wanted this but no one has been found who would meet his price….

He would also believe it or not love for Spurs to be successful and be winning things because despite his off field successes with the new stadium and the training set up, his legacy would be forever tainted and remembered for what his tenure didnt achieve…

Lets be honest he could have easily sold out by now for a lesser price but for still an amazing profit, spend more time in his Bahaman home and be done…but he hasnt, why not? For the agro? The extra few hundred mil? Or because his ultimate goal is still alluding him….
Levy, we know it’s you!

:sonpoint:

Only joking of course!

Lets be honest he could have easily sold out by now for a lesser price but for still an amazing profit, spend more time in his Bahaman home and be done…but he hasnt, why not? For the agro? The extra few hundred mil? Or because his ultimate goal is still alluding him….
Well its alluding him because of his own shit decisions and work on the footballing side. So if he loved spurs hed fuck off

Lets be honest he could have easily sold out by now for a lesser price but for still an amazing profit, spend more time in his Bahaman home and be done…but he hasnt, why not? For the agro? The extra few hundred mil? Or because his ultimate goal he has still not achieved….
Maybe it’s time for him to accept that his business plan for the football club is effecting his own ability to achieve his goals . Change of direction , perhaps.

Asking for 4bn or whatever was quote in a paper (don’t know how much of that is true) was never going to happen. With the long term debt on one side and the stadium on the other I could see the value at £2bn or so. The market decides the value, he can sell at anytime if he accepts market price. I refer to Joe Lewis in that as well.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt this disconnected from the club.

We have a world class manager, one of the top 5 managers in world football. He has said numerous times now that the squad needs improving, it needs new blood. Yet the board seem to be ignoring that fact and still hoping that players who have failed us for 4 years will come good and be world beaters, and that the manager is the problem.

I wouldn’t blame Conte for walking, he knows he can do better. He doesn’t need Spurs, Spurs need him. It’s embarrassing to see, and the problem is, nothing will change. If Conte walks, fans will revolt for a couple of days, it’ll go quiet again and then Levy/Lewis will get away with it, and repeat the cycle.

The neglect of the squad, especially the striker area is so so bad. God forbid what would happen if one of their precious buildings only had one door, would they buy another one or would they persist on using just the one door for ever? And if it breaks then they’ll just wait for it fix again. Cunts.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt this disconnected from the club.

We have a world class manager, one of the top 5 managers in world football. He has said numerous times now that the squad needs improving, it needs new blood. Yet the board seem to be ignoring that fact and still hoping that players who have failed us for 4 years will come good and be world beaters, and that the manager is the problem.

I wouldn’t blame Conte for walking, he knows he can do better. He doesn’t need Spurs, Spurs need him. It’s embarrassing to see, and the problem is, nothing will change. If Conte walks, fans will revolt for a couple of days, it’ll go quiet again and then Levy/Lewis will get away with it, and repeat the cycle.

The neglect of the squad, especially the striker area is so so bad. God forbid what would happen if one of their precious buildings only had one door, would they buy another one or would they persist on using just the one door for ever? And if it breaks then they’ll just wait for it fix again. Cunts.

It occurred to me that the last time we won a trophy the Dead Sea was only ill.

Seems ridiculously cheap. What am I missing?

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that we’ve been pretty good at wasting young talent.
I’d imagine that he’d be starting and getting a lot of minutes at Rovers, which I doubt he’d get with us.

Most sensible would be loan from our end, but barring that we’d do very well to insert a buyback/sell on clause

Back
Top Bottom