January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His Inter were pretty interchangey and mix and matchy with the MF3, I don’t see why that wouldn’t be the case here.

It’s not like this needs and out-and-out 6 or out-and-out 10 to work, it’s really most notable in that it doesn’t.

It’s just that I don’t like our midfield, individually or as a mix, so I think any formation is going to look bad.

We don’t have a good fit for the Center 2 of the 4 in that formation. Skipp and PEH is too defensive. Putting Ndombele or GLC has them too deep.

Just another illustration that we need a massive, 2-4 new players, overhaul in the MF so we can interchange like you said.

It’s just that I don’t like our midfield, individually or as a mix, so I think any formation is going to look bad.

We don’t have a good fit for the Center 2 of the 4 in that formation. Skipp and PEH is too defensive. Putting Ndombele or GLC has them too deep.

Just another illustration that we need a massive, 2-4 new players, overhaul in the MF so we can interchange like you said.
Skipp, PEH and Ndombele aren’t collectively as good as Brozovic, Barella and Eriksen, but they are fundamentally the same roles.

Shoot, Inter used Brozovic, Barella and Vidal as the MF3 a lot last year, and to considerable success. Skipp, Ndombele and Kessie would be a reasonable comparison to that group.

It all depends on Royal being able to play quarterback from the high flank area either way.

Skipp, PEH and Ndombele aren’t collectively as good as Brozovic, Barella and Eriksen, but they are fundamentally the same roles.

Shoot, Inter used Brozovic, Barella and Vidal as the MF3 a lot last year, and to considerable success. Skipp, Ndombele and Kessie would be a reasonable comparison to that group.

It all depends on Royal being able to play quarterback from the high flank area either way.

My only concern is that Brozovic is better with the ball at his feet than either Skipp or PEH. So with one of them in the starting 11 we struggle to move the ball. Skipp might get there in time but not ready yet. I also don't see Ndombele turning it around.

Conte has no choice but to play the hand he has been dealt. The players. He may be able to bring a few new signings in January, but 3 in still leaves 8.

Implies Son pushed up alongside Kane and the Lucas role moved centrally as a 10 (Ndombele?)

I think the big question is then whether this remains a 5-4-1 out of posession?

The narrow back 5 did a pretty good job of neutralizing Everton yesterday, their fullbacks got no joy.

Yeah bwoyyyy… Gil’s alive!

Is there anything stopping us from moving for Saúl from Chelsea? He was a very fine central midfielder for Atleti, regular international, but has played a grand total of 39 minutes out of a possible 450+ for the <removed>s.

Marca reckon today that Tuchel wants rid in January...

I don't know why people are so keen to sell Rodon, young and has hardly put a foot wrong in the limited time he's been given on the pitch.

A position he's never played in in his life.

What exactly have you seen in him that would suggest he could handle the defensive side of things, which wing backs (unlike wingers) have to do?
He defends well for a forward. High work rate, strong and hard to get around, good crosser, seems like a team player.

Victor Moses never played RWB before he moved to it.

Is there anything stopping us from moving for Saúl from Chelsea? He was a very fine central midfielder for Atleti, regular international, but has played a grand total of 39 minutes out of a possible 450+ for the <removed>s.

Marca reckon today that Tuchel wants rid in January...
He’s at Chelsea till July unless athleti agree to take him back.

I think your idea would be interesting to look at but It’s concerning when a club loans him and then the new club doesn’t want him either.

Back
Top Bottom