January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's technically not public info, someone just took a photo of him getting arrested for it and uploaded on twitter.

I gotta say, I watched the Milan derby last night and didn’t at all see the hype with Kessie..

He was poor.

The LCB at inter Bastoni was very good

Shows how far we've fallen when people are fawning over Jarrod Bowen

Not many good HG players available (and we have spare spaces for HG players so we could have bought him without selling a player) - and this season he's scored 3 goals with 5 assists in 17 appearances last season (his first in PL) he got 8 goals with 6 assists in the full season with 40 appearances.

By comparison Lucas Moura has 2 goals and one assist this season in 15 appearances, and last season and 9 goals and 8 assists in 50 appearances.

Bowen's increase in productivity in his 2nd PL season so far if converted to a full season could see him at 20+ goals/assists for a full season of 40 to 50 appearances which would be pretty good going.

Bowen cost less than Moura so there was no 'HG tax' |(£18m plus add ons of £8m I think versus Sancho £80m, Grealish £100m etc)

So certainly not world class but a very decent player for the squad...... and better than many/most recent acquisitions

Last edited:
Not many good HG players available (and we have spare spaces for HG players so we could have bought him without selling a player) - and this season he's scored 3 goals with 5 assists in 17 appearances last season (his first in PL) he got 8 goals with 6 assists in the full season with 40 appearances.

By comparison Lucas Moura has 2 goals and one assist this season in 15 appearances, and last season and 9 goals and 8 assists in 50 appearances.

Bowen's increase in productivity in his 2nd PL season so far if converted to a full season could see him at 20+ goals/assists for a full season of 40 to 50 appearances which would be pretty good going.

Bowen cost less than Moura so there was no 'HG tax'

So certainly not world class but a very decent player for the squad...... and better than many/most recent acquisitions

Eze is the one that bugs me..... I respect him and anyone that opts for 1st team football rather than splinters, but surely we could have convinced him there was a starting role to shoot for.... Afterall he still has to earn his spot at Palace.

Eze has a higher ceiling too....

Eze is the one that bugs me..... I respect him and anyone that opts for 1st team football rather than splinters, but surely we could have convinced him there was a starting role to shoot for.... Afterall he still has to earn his spot at Palace.

Eze has a higher ceiling too....
He’s a lovely player. Olise is also HG, another baller

Shows how far we've fallen when people are fawning over Jarrod Bowen

Yes and no.

He does represent a lot of what we need- HG, RW, can score goals.

In part it shows how far we have fallen when he is a player that would improve us a lot but also shows how poor our recruiting is that it isn't a Ronaldo. Messi, Neymar that we missed out on and that is why we are struggling but a Championship player that we easily could have bought without problem.

Although had we bought him many would have lost their mind that we were adding a Champo clogger.

I gotta say, I watched the Milan derby last night and didn’t at all see the hype with Kessie..

He was poor.

The LCB at inter Bastoni was very good

He is a guy that seems to be very good or very poor. I know that a lot of Milan fans said he was poor in midfield 3 but then really improved when they switched to a pair with him and Bennancer. I am not sure that is a good sign when Conte will almost surely play a 3-5-2.

Also not sure it is a good sign if a player is formation dependent and not flexible in what he can bring. I think he clearly has a lot of physical skills that will always excited fans/managers but if he is having another poor season he might not be the fit we need.

I also have concerns about how him, PEH, Skipp all fit in a Conte side. None can play the deep lying role and they aren't creative enough to have 2 of them in at the same time. Seems like we would have 3 guys for 1 role.

He is a guy that seems to be very good or very poor. I know that a lot of Milan fans said he was poor in midfield 3 but then really improved when they switched to a pair with him and Bennancer. I am not sure that is a good sign when Conte will almost surely play a 3-5-2.

Also not sure it is a good sign if a player is formation dependent and not flexible in what he can bring. I think he clearly has a lot of physical skills that will always excited fans/managers but if he is having another poor season he might not be the fit we need.

I also have concerns about how him, PEH, Skipp all fit in a Conte side. None can play the deep lying role and they aren't creative enough to have 2 of them in at the same time. Seems like we would have 3 guys for 1 role.
Conte may play a midfield pair in a 343. Skipp is a DM but needs a footballer next to him

Conte may play a midfield pair in a 343. Skipp is a DM but needs a footballer next to him

A 3-4-3 doesn’t work for us because we have no RW and a front 3 is terrible for Kane and to a lesser extent Son.

If we stick with that formation then it doesn’t really matter who we have in MF as it won’t work anyways.

A 3-4-3 doesn’t work for us because we have no RW and a front 3 is terrible for Kane and to a lesser extent Son.

If we stick with that formation then it doesn’t really matter who we have in MF as it won’t work anyways.
:contehandshead:
You're right. let's change the manger.

Back
Top Bottom