January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

all the clubs that "weren't backed" him won trophies and spent millions after him (juventus, chelsea, inter)
if there is a project then he should have patience and work. if good arrivals are not possible in the winter market they will be in the summer one.
to buy just to buy is the worst thing that we can do ATM: not improving the squad and wasting money

It’s not a project, he is not a project manager if we are going down that route we should have gone for Ten Hag/Potter.

The only way Levy and Lewis go is in a body bag.

Now I'm not saying I'm encouraging a lynch mob.

But I'm encouraging a lynch mob.
If we hadnt won at leicester, then maybe 2 losses in a row would have forced the stingy foold to improve squad which eventually we could have made back from the rest of the games. Its really Bergwijns fault.

:contefacepalm:

adam-west-batman.gif

all the clubs that "weren't backed" him won trophies and spent millions after him (juventus, chelsea, inter)
if there is a project then he should have patience and work. if good arrivals are not possible in the winter market they will be in the summer one.
to buy just to buy is the worst thing that we can do ATM: not improving the squad and wasting money
a - They are possible
b - What in the bloody hell gives you any faith that we will do good business in the summer? Our transfer committee are inept year round, not just in January...

Thing is, we will be fucking about in the Summer. We all know that the main narrative of the Summer will be that we need to find permanent transfers for Dele, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Doherty etc and that most of the business will be done at the end of the window. Sprinkle in a bit of shit peddling about the next Luis Diaz, Martinez or Dybala, which never materializes and there you have how our Summer window will look.

This window was the test for me. Contes 1st window. Are they going to change? Conte asked for 4 players. So far nobody

Realism is we have a elite manager but one who walks if not massively backed. That is the situation, doesn’t take Einstein to see where this is heading without a few good signings this window and another bunch in the summer.
I totally agree. We should be doing them deals now to have them done for summer. Wolves wont sell neves now or leeds rafinha thats what i mean about being realistic.
I could name players that we should buy rn but it wouldnt be realistic.
Dias is realistic now, traore was too

Some posters are firing off on one. Understandable. I tell here of the men on the forum.

I referenced an ankle and leg analogy to Diaz. It's relevant and simple and so let's see it like this.

Some of us when young had a bit of something about us. A bit flush but also quite handsome maybe, a swagger or whatever.

The ladies found us quite a catch, so we could afford to possibly be a bit choosy and also found that we did not have to maybe do too much in thst regard.

As we got older some continued to stay attractive but a few lost their appeal and let go off themselves a little. Add to that other blokes appeared with more cash to splash and maybe a reputation for having that bit extra.

Suddenly the more attractive mwomen were that bit more choosy and no longer saw us as that catch, given the other men on the scene.

That's us in club terms. Plenty women out there and many who may turn out to be head turners.

The key is to go looking in the right places unless you are prepared to pay well over the odds for someone who would probably be with another bloke and is only with you for the money.

I know what I prefer but equally I don't want to be on my own.

"Just get Raphinia, Levy. Show some ambition"

Has anyone got any semblance of realism here? Leeds are on 22 points. Why on earth would they sell their star player to us in January when their survival on the league, worth £100m+, could rest on him.
Honestly, some people just don't think.

I'm all for criticising our woeful transfer strategy,but when suggesting players we ought to be going for, talk some sense
We lack all creativity in the middle of the park. Raphina is the closest I have seen to Eriksen on hard working play maker. We could try to convince them to take Los Celso on loan and Rodon on a permanent transfer to sweeten the deal. They have problems at CB staying fit and Los Celso maybe more comfortable playing for an Argentinian manager

And so should it. We are a passive fanbase, Liverpool/United fans make their point. A half empty stadium with the remaining half booing the board and the message will be loud and clear. Protesting outside is pointless, that will be ignored.
A piss protest will do the job.

Everyone who turns up on match day drinks at least 2 litres of water before they enter. Boo and shout abuse at Levy and piss all over the stadium.

Piss on the stairs. Piss on the seats. Piss on the bar. Piss on the doors. Piss everywhere but in the toilet. That’s potentially 60,000 people pissing two litres of piss each. 120,000 litres of piss once every two weeks.

That should do the job.

:moursad:

A piss protest will do the job.

Everyone who turns up on match day drinks at least 2 litres of water before they enter. Boo and shout abuse at Levy and piss all over the stadium.

Piss on the stairs. Piss on the seats. Piss on the bar. Piss on the doors. Piss everywhere but in the toilet. That’s potentially 60,000 people pissing two litres of piss each. 120,000 litres of piss once every two weeks.

That should do the job.

:moursad:
Fetish?

This window was the test for me. Contes 1st window. Are they going to change? Conte asked for 4 players. So far nobody
You should never use January as a test.
Absolutely the summer, but January IS shit.

If we were 16th and looking down the league, it would be a different story. We'd be shopping in a different market, and we all know relegation would put the fear of God into Enic.

ENIC are gonna have to work fucking hard to convince Conte to be patient though.

Lads, lads! We all need to calm down.

All these tweets about this player, and that is all just a smokescreen, for the super secret deal of.........................

Ndombele to PSG.......................

and Mbappé to us!!

For some of this fan base, that's probably the only thing that'll appease them at this moment 🤣

Back
Top Bottom