January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Might just be agent waffle; but it seems to me from his agents comments that Genoa would quite like him to re-sign.

Probably would

But they pulled out of a deal to buy an Italian national team player in summer as he wanted well over £1m pa (£20k pw) ................ so if player wants higher wages he'll come to Spurs

With respect, for all my other failings, I consider myself to be amongst the most open-minded people I've ever met.

I Got You Good Job GIF by JMatt

CAN SOMETHING FUCKING HAPPEN, PLEASE.

Anything. Anyone. Seriously. Just so we can talk about something other than what we've all been talking about for the past two weeks.

It doesn't even need to be a signing, a new rumour would be great. Maybe Mbappe fancies a change of environment. Can we start spreading that? If I hear Dragusin's name one more time before we actually sign him I'm going to shit myself in protest.
Just goes to show how much ITKs really know.

CAN SOMETHING FUCKING HAPPEN, PLEASE.

Anything. Anyone. Seriously. Just so we can talk about something other than what we've all been talking about for the past two weeks.

It doesn't even need to be a signing, a new rumour would be great. Maybe Mbappe fancies a change of environment. Can we start spreading that? If I hear Dragusin's name one more time before we actually sign him I'm going to shit myself in protest.

Today Ange said Perisic is unlikely to play for Spurs this season again.

So, chances are Perisic may be dropped out of the 25 man squad registered at end of Window.

Not big news, but different news as requested !

Today Ange said Perisic is unlikely to play for Spurs this season again.

So, chances are Perisic may be dropped out of the 25 man squad registered at end of Window.

Not big news, but different news as requested !
It's wildly underwhelming news, but it at least it's new news. Even though I think we all knew that that was the case. So in many ways, it's not news at all. It's olds.

And I am still on track for a dirty protest.

One more day I'm giving it.

Not really, we would have had targets, whilst this is a bit of rebuilding time, realistically we should have been aiming for Europe at the very least, CL is good shout.

Aim =/= fair assumption/excpectation.

Before considering any dark horses for the forthcoming season we were but 1 or 7 teams that would have been in the conversation; a conversation that at the same time had some pundits AND Spurs fans(!) proclaiming that we would finish bottom half if Kane was sold.

I think it's a bit of crazy season where there isn't much between a lot of sides, again it's just too early to say we will definitely finish top 5

If we're going to drop points. Those below us will.

Who do you realistically see gaining points on us and overtaking us?

West Ham? Brighton? Man Utd?

Yes it is

No it's not.

The entire run was a fluke. From needing a draw away at the Nou Camp, to PSV making a block on an Inter Milan player in the last minute to prevent a goal which saw us through, to the late VAR decision against City, being 2-0 down to Ajax with 45 minutes to go and winning 2-3.

That doesn't mean it wasn't a great achievement.

You're not giving us/ Poch credit for playing well enough to get that top four place.

Scraping a top four place on relegation form deserves fuck all credit.

Well he got 4th place as well and that's all that ENIC want.

And then proceeded to go on a run of 14 points from 12 games and on course for 13th place...

If they cared about quality of performances they would have never hired Mourinho

It was obvious they didn't hire Mourinho for quality of performance. It was Tottenham pretending to be a big club and thinking that hiring a results manager would bring results.

He got sacked in Nov and we ended up in 6th place outside CL places and been stumbling and bumbling from one manager to the next it got to the point where are manager search became a joke.

We were on course for 13th with Pochettino in charge.

The mistake wasn't sacking Pochettino, he deserved it. The mistake was hiring Mourinho in the first place.

The whole point is, people thought he was going to step back and let other people handle transfers. if he just wants to carry on gambling with last minute buys, then we lose out.

"People"? Only speak for yourself... There's a good chap.

Ultimately; I couldn't give a fuck who does our trf business so long as our signings improved significantly compared to what they were a few years ago.

They have.

Yet repeatedly you're not even prepared to acknowledge that much.

Last edited:
Will go down as another atrocious signing. Clearly has an attitude problem and we basically bought him off the back of him having one good season at Championship level.

This is the problem when you sign potential and not the finished article.

Well, it was high risk- high reward case.

If you buy young players for ~15 mil... you get some Spence's, you get some Sarrs.
Thats life. I still it was worth a shot, even though this one missed the target :D .

Also ... Dombelly should have been finished article. How did this turn out?

Back
Top Bottom