January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not too much to gainsay about your post, except for the second paragraph. Not having another CB wasn't the reason we dropped points, it was primarily our profligacy up front.

Against both Villa and West Ham we should have been out of sight. Against Chelsea it was because we had 2 players sent off and another 2 key players injured. There's 9 points that had absolutely nothing to do with missing an additional CB. That's mostly on our frontline.
If you look at results (and goals conceded) in games without VDV and Romero, I don’t accept your argument that it’s not had a tangible impact on results and cost us points.

Were we profligate? Yes.

Could we be profligate and win with a better back 4? Very possibly.

For direct evidence we conceded to a Villa CB because a 5,10 full back was marking him. You can’t argue not having a proper 3rd CB wouldn’t have impacted those games.

Anyway, we can have a right royal cunt-off about this after the game if you fancy. For now, enjoy this evening mate and let’s hope for a HUGE win for the lads and few mins for VDV and some youngsters. 👍

COYS.

Are there any others that play close to how Ange plays? The inverted fullbacks, extremely high defence line etc?

If there are, who?

City play like
Absolutely disagreed.
FFS go back and watch our actual spending after we moved to new stadium....

It is outdated clichee that we don't spend money under Levy which has been proven wrong in hundreds of posts.
For years now, issue has been QUALITY of spending, not QUANTITY. And recently, we have also gotten quality much better levels.

But if you are a hammer then all you see is nails. So if you only live to shit on Levy then that is what you do (this last bit is only directed at TomH not Pilot...)

I totally agree that we have spent big money since we moved to the new stadium, I just don’t think that Levy is still sitting on the Kane money. He was expecting to sell Kane all summer and he spent accordingly. Whatever we spend now will be new funds.

Who the fuck would want to go to Naples.

amalfi-coast-crop-bottom.jpg

When you could live in North London.

tottenham-high-road-35093-056-25848463.jpg.webp

:vdvcry:
If you're on 60k a week there's not much difference where you live.

If we're going to drop points. Those below us will.

Who do you realistically see gaining points on us and overtaking us?

West Ham? Brighton? Man Utd?
Any of those could do it, all it takes is a bad run of form from us which is more than possible.
No it's not.

The entire run was a fluke. From needing a draw away at the Nou Camp, to PSV making a block on an Inter Milan player in the last minute to prevent a goal which saw us through, to the late VAR decision against City, being 2-0 down to Ajax with 45 minutes to go and winning 2-3.

That doesn't mean it wasn't a great achievement.
Yes it is, we got the results and the bit of luck that was needed, the players and the manager did a hell of a job and deserve all the credit in the world.
Scraping a top four place on relegation form deserves fuck all credit.

And then proceeded to go on a run of 14 points from 12 games and on course for 13th place...
It was obvious they didn't hire Mourinho for quality of performance. It was Tottenham pretending to be a big club and thinking that hiring a results manager would bring results.

We were on course for 13th with Pochettino in charge.

The mistake wasn't sacking Pochettino, he deserved it. The mistake was hiring Mourinho in the first place.
In November? Only having lost 3 games? Did you give a fuck about finishing 6th. If we don't finish in the CL should Ange be sacked?

No Dier in the squad tonight ........ legs to the Bayern rumours ?

Or just ensuing room on bench for youngsters Dorrington, Phillips and the unexpected return of Sessegnon ?

"People"? Only speak for yourself... There's a good chap.
Yes people.I don't need to speak only for myself I didn't say I was speaking for Airfixx
Ultimately; I couldn't give a fuck who does our trf business so long as our signings improved significantly compared to what they were a few years ago.

They have.

Yet repeatedly you're not even prepared to acknowledge that much.
I have acknowledged that much but now we have a different regime.

Back
Top Bottom