January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you wanted him did you Tom? The bid for Dragusin was just an elaborate hoax eh?

Starting Too Late GIF by CBS

Doesn't that only work on HG players? Hence Chelsea wanting to sell their HG ones over the signings in order to help the books.
Any player you have purchased has their fee amortized. On the books now isiak is about 40m while a club trained is 0. Anything above 40m goes into the ffp pot.

Its why people prefer to sell club trained for ffp.

Fucking criminal that Everton have had points taken, Forest were threatened, now Newcastle and Wolves.
But City and Chelsea carry on as normal.
Not really true though is it? They carry on as normal for now.

Their investigations are ongoing because there's so much shit to sift through, would you prefer that all other clubs are allowed to get away with rule breaking in the meantime whilst City and Chelsea are dealt with?

Not saying they definitely won't get away with it either, in 2 years maybe you can come on here and bemoan them having gotten away with it, but until their verdicts and punishments are decided it's all hot air.

Those cases are so high profile now though, on the back of Everton and now potentially other clubs being punished for relatively straight forward breaches, that if the FA/PL or whoever is in charge don't throw the book at City/Chelsea, then they will have made an utter mockery of themselves.

It's frustrating that their comeuppance isn't immediate, but unfortunately it's unavoidable.

But Everton broke the rules, they deserve to be punished, as do Forest, Wolves, and Newcastle if they fall foul. I'm actually pleased this is happening, hopefully it puts others off from doing it and puts us in an even better position, as well as City and Chelsea being torpedoed eventually too.

I’m hoping that it’s simply a case of the charges being so extensive and so overwhelming, the process is taking longer.
Mentioned somewhere on here before, but a mate i go over spurs with is a chief Barristers clerk and knows someone on the Everton case.That took 8 months.Now think how long City's and Chelsea's would take, and City are stalling every step of the way.
Its going to be years,if ever for thsoe two me thinks.

Mentioned somewhere on here before, but a mate i go over spurs with is a chief Barristers clerk and knows someone on the Everton case.That took 8 months.Now think how long City's and Chelsea's would take, and City are stalling every step of the way.
Its going to be years,if ever for thsoe two me thinks.
Indeed.

I’d still like to think that it could be delivered in the next 12-18 months. Especially Chelsea. Plus, there’s only so long that City can purposefully delay disclosure, as that behaviour will in and off itself attract legal repercussions.

Wolves is overdue though. There’s been some very dodgy stuff going on with them.

Back
Top Bottom