Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This info is pre lockdown, he had a pay review on the request of Jose after being included in the first team. It’s already around 15-20k
Was that not for just this season though?

Either way, I'm not worried in the slightest, I think we've put our young talents on really great contracts that are heavily skewed towards performance. Those that are valued earn multiple new contracts. Much rather what we do that rather than say Chelsea paying Loftus-Cheek £100k per week for years for barely kicking a ball for them.

Who does he support. For all we know he might be a closet gooner and will do a Campbell next summer
From an interview in march:

Have you always supported Tottenham?

“I actually didn’t grow up supporting Tottenham when I was a little boy.

“I grew up with my dad watching Man United and I always used to see them on the TV when I was young.

“But once I signed and was around here every day, I just grew to love Tottenham. I loved watching them play, going to games and seeing them, so they became my favourite team.

“I wasn’t really a Tottenham fan before, but now I am.”

Was that not for just this season though?

Either way, I'm not worried in the slightest, I think we've put our young talents on really great contracts that are heavily skewed towards performance. Those that are valued earn multiple new contracts. Much rather what we do that rather than say Chelsea paying Loftus-Cheek £100k per week for years for barely kicking a ball for them.
No wonder Rufus can’t be arsed if he’s already on that wedge

No wonder Rufus can’t be arsed if he’s already on that wedge

Hudson Odoi on 130kpw too despite doing fuck all as a senior.

Lingard got a similar sized paybump for showing "promise"

Callum Chambers on 130kpw at 23 despite being a mere fringe player.

.....Apparently this is a good way to operate a wage bill.

Greenwood is about to get 40k a week with a new Utd contract.

So 20k a week for Tanganga is probably smart. If he doesn't want to accept that on the basis that the more he improves and the more he starts and performs, the more potential money he could get, then he can leave.

He's not a generational talent and he's not even the top 3 centre backs at the club. He isn't going to be missed. It'd just be disappointing because he's an academy graduate and we love seeing them in the starting line up, but we've lost better academy graduates and better academy graduates will come.

Back
Top Bottom