Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's never gonna play though is he...3rd choice GK should be youth or development squad. We are literally paying him to sit on the bench at carabao cup games...I'll do it for 25 grand a week!
If we are getting into a bidding war i will do it for £20K a week, and i once won a 5 aside tournament where i was a GK, i was nicknamed felix for my cat like reaction saves! True story! :wansum:

yeah we should have spunked £50 million getting a decent 3rd choice GK for sure, Full backs and backup strikers are proper overrated if you ask me! :mourthumb:
Didn't say that.

I've said all along, plonk a kid on the bench.
I don't give a shit if they need game time, they're paid by us to do a job and that job is tp be ready when needed. If they want to play every week, look for a new club.

We're too soft and too sentimental.

Didn't say that.

I don't give a shit if they need game time, they're paid by us to do a job and that job is tp be ready when needed. If they want to play every week, look for a new club.

.....This from the guy that's simultaneously decrying the general point to us even having an academy. :roll:

"Hey kid... If you're not good enough to take us to top 4 you can fuck off"

Thank christ you have no real-world influence over our youth development.

Didn't say that.

Yeah but the other side of the coin is kids need experience to improve, they arent going to get that from sat on the bench, much rather they are loaned out somewhere and getting some proper experience? How many games did Vorm play for us last season? Dont get me wrong the idea that someone can just sit on the bench never needing to play and get £35 k a week is obscene, but its what the game is now a days, and it makes sense that our 3rd choice GK who will likely never play IS NOT taking up a foreign spot in the squad, he was a free transfer and he is on less wages than Vorm whom he is replacing. Its not a glamorous signing but it makes sense from a club and squad prespective.

Another great interview this window.
1. Best stadium
2. Best training ground
3. Best interviews

7QMrMKxk2i7H.gif

Yeah but the other side of the coin is kids need experience to improve, they arent going to get that from sat on the bench, much rather they are loaned out somewhere and getting some proper experience? How many games did Vorm play for us last season? Dont get me wrong the idea that someone can just sit on the bench never needing to play and get £35 k a week is obscene, but its what the game is now a days, and it makes sense that our 3rd choice GK who will likely never play IS NOT taking up a foreign spot in the squad, he was a free transfer and he is on less wages than Vorm whom he is replacing. Its not a glamorous signing but it makes sense from a club and squad prespective.
Unless they're seen as a no,1 for us, which almost all of them will not be - then use them while we have them.

Our fans are obsessed with these kids being our futuure. They're a product on a conveyorbelt.

Unless they're seen as a no,1 for us, which almost all of them will not be - then use them while we have them.

Our fans are obsessed with these kids being our futuure. They're a product on a conveyorbelt.

Sorry for cut n paste, but you're getting extremely tiresome on this topic:

So, first team is the goal...? For those that don't make it we will seek to sell them for the best fee possible....

Again; what the fuck is the problem???

Kane,
Winks,
Skipp,
Carroll
Andros
Mason,
Bentaleb,
Caulker,
Onomah,
CCV,
Edwards
Pritchard,
+ Many more.....

That's 1 world class striker, a shit load more senior appearances and over 100m raised in trf fees.

Like I say, what's the damn problem?

Didn't say that.

Wouldn't you prefer to have an idea if they are good enough first?

Ill throw a name at you. Chris Day. Was widely considered to be the future of English goalkeeping. Left us for Palace, when it was discovered he wasn't that good. Rather we find out they aint up to it in someone else's shirt.

3rd choice keeper slot was taken by a foreign trained player. Now it's filled by a homegrown player, rather than getting another foreigner.

Thanks, I must have read the original message differently.

I've heard that we currently have the maximum number of foreign players that we're allowed.

How is that possible when we've released two foreign players and brought in one homegrown player?

Wouldn't you prefer to have an idea if they are good enough first?

Ill throw a name at you. Chris Day. Was widely considered to be the future of English goalkeeping. Left us for Palace, when it was discovered he wasn't that good. Rather we find out they aint up to it in someone else's shirt.
Never heard of him.
We KNOW Joe Hart aint good enough.
I'd rather sit someone who might not be good enough on the bench, or even on the pitch, that someone who just isn't

Back
Top Bottom