Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feel sorry for the lad..... Steady performer, yet barely gets a look in under 4 managers.

Let the lad go; he could do a cracking job for another EPL team.

Think he's a decent enough player, but he's not near good enough with the ball to be part of what Conte wants to do going forward. I think Dier, Romero and Davies are the only three he'll be content to use if I'm honest.

So he's got:

RCB: Romero, Sanchez, Tanganga
CB: Dier, Rodon
LCB: Davies, ??????

Clearly LCB is the priority in Jan. Sanchez is a disaster there and Rodon/Tanganga are unlikely to fare much better.

There's probably something in the Romanogli links.

Wimmer was better than him!!!

If people can't see how bad he was last night I'm not sure what to say in response to that.

Wimmer was playing in a team at the top of their game in a settled defence, the circumstances are completely different.

Anyway I think he needs a loan somewhere at a club being the main man, he's not good enough at the moment, that much is clear.

I think he needs a loan somewhere at a club being the main man, he's not good enough at the moment, that much is clear.

He seems a confident guy and I think that may well be the solution.
I thought he favoured the left side so I was surprised when Conte started him central and Sanchez left side v Mura. IMO that was a mistake and he subbed the wrong guy as well.

So he's got:

RCB: Romero, Sanchez, Tanganga
CB: Dier, Rodon
LCB: Davies, ??????

Clearly LCB is the priority in Jan. Sanchez is a disaster there and Rodon/Tanganga are unlikely to fare much better.

There's probably something in the Romanogli links.

Tanganga is naturally right footed but usually played as LCB for Spurs youth as his CB partner, Eyoma, was very right footed and played as RCB.

So Tanganga would be fine as a LCB, certainly as an alternate/back up .

that's good to read.
So Rodon will not play when Dier starts. I guess he sees those 2 as the 'sitting' Cb's in the 3.

The concerning part of that quote is that it seems Conte sees Dier as an option in the middle long term.

That is the spot Romero should play a. because he is so much better than Dier b. that is his natural spot and c. Dier should be shit canned from the team ASAP.

I think that Rodon is a decent option as a back-up in the middle but not to Dier.

If truth be told Conte suggesting Rodon is Dier's back up is akin to him saying the same about Bergwijn and Kane.
Conte doesn't rate him or he would have been on the bench v Brentford.

Back
Top Bottom