Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually forgot this lad was still here. That's how much use we've got out of him.

He must have pissed in somebody's cornflakes if he can't get a game when Sanchez and Dier are your centre-halves.

He's pretty average but he should be starting ahead of Dier. He'll only improve by playing. Dier has regressed and certainly won't be getting any better.

His only poor game has been against Palace and he was brought into a defense that was falling apart around him and ended totally different to the one that started..... And he was still the best defender on that day and had been doing fine until the team went down to 10 men.

3 managers now haven't afforded him a run in the team..... Not putting him in the European squad for the second half of last season was bad enough, but the poor lad must really regret coming here at this point.

What part of him is being deemed so damn un-coachable.... I don't get it.

Last edited:
His only poor game has been against Palace and he was brought into a defense that was falling apart around him and ended totally different to the one that started..... And he was still the best defender on that day and been doing fine until the team went down to 10 men.

3 managers now haven't afforded him a run..... Not putting him in the European squad for the second half of last season was bad enough, but the poor lad must really regret coming here at this point.

What part of him is beeing deemed so damn un-coachable.... I don't see it.

To be fair Jose was actually beginning to use him a bit before he was sacked. Not sure why he hasn’t been used much in terms of individual ability, ball control, air power and just general defending he has look significantly better than Dier or Sanchez minus a lack of pace in comparison to Sanchez.

My general view is that long term Romero and Rodon would take over from Dier and Sanchez but it might be the experience and playing together they have wins the day currently.

To be fair Jose was actually beginning to use him a bit before he was sacked.

His game count did mount slightly under Jose; he seemed have a rotation going on where-upon whenever we played bad he'd drop a CB and bring in a new one......

Very tiresome..... Pick a duo, give them a run and let them sink or swim.

We have bought 2 CBs whom might prove to be our best duo and they can barely get a game. I know Romero hasn't helped his cause (and is also rumoured to be carrying a niggle), but it's incredibly frustrating.

(Argentina still a red zone, so the bullshit will continue in the latter's case and likely November too unless they have a covid miracle.)

Last edited:
To be fair Jose was actually beginning to use him a bit before he was sacked. Not sure why he hasn’t been used much in terms of individual ability, ball control, air power and just general defending he has look significantly better than Dier or Sanchez minus a lack of pace in comparison to Sanchez.
My suspicion is that, as a club, we still very much 'trust the old timers'.

If I was in charge, I'd play Gil, Skipp, Romero and Rodon - all the new boys. I'd give Sessegnon a run too. We've spent what seems like a lifetime relying on the same old codgers.

His game count under Jose did mount slightly under Jose; he seemed have a rotation going on where-upon whenever we played bad he'd drop a CB and bring in a new one......

Very tiresome..... Pick a duo, give them a run and let them sink or swim.

We have bought 2 CBs whom might prove to be our best duo and they can barely get a game. I know Romero hasn't helped his cause (and is also rumoured to be carrying a niggle), but it's incredibly frustrating.

(Argentina still a red zone, so the bullshit will continue in the latter's case and likely November too unless they have a covid miracle.)

It’s also why simply buying players won’t fix things. My opinion is that ability wise Rodon, Romero, Bryan should all be first 11 but they are not. Let’s say we buy Rice, Toney and Sarr, then just leave them on the bench. Doesn’t fix anything. Need a suitable manager, plan and vision before you can assess the squad and make sensible alterations.

If I was in charge, I'd play Gil, Skipp, Romero and Rodon - all the new boys. I'd give Sessegnon a run too. We've spent what seems like a lifetime relying on the same old codgers.

100%. I feel the same. Like they have to play. I mean Kane is top draw but his form has been off so we shouldn’t be afraid to even drop him as well if needed to get results.

Sess for me isn’t good enough to play in attack but he could be serious competition/backup to Regulion. Both of them would suit a manager who plays attacking high full backs.

It’s also why simply buying players won’t fix things. My opinion is that ability wise Rodon, Romero, Bryan should all be first 11 but they are not. Let’s say we buy Rice, Toney and Sarr, then just leave them on the bench. Doesn’t fix anything. Need a suitable manager, plan and vision before you can assess the squad and make sensible alterations.

In one sense I admire Nuno for sticking to his own judgement, but if he's refusing to play the players that Paratici has bought already, then Fab must be starting to regret sticking his neck out to get him the job......

In one sense I admire Nuno for sticking to his own judgement, but if he's refusing to play the players that Paratici has bought already, then Fab must be starting to regret sticking his neck out to get him the job......

Paratici is a weird one. Bryan, Romero and Royal all seem like good signings as well as Pape for next season but Gattuso and Nuno as his manager choices are fucking gash. I’d be ok if he just scouts and buys players long as he doesn’t choose managers or end up with Tony Pulis.

Paratici is a weird one. Bryan, Romero and Royal all seem like good signings as well as Pape for next season....

Indeed; these are the kind of signings that people moan that we don't make (and personally I'm all for it).... Obviously some shit-houses flipped their script to "we need EPL proven players" almost immediately, but fuck 'em.

No goalscorer was a major black-mark though.

.....but Gattuso and Nuno as his manager choices are fucking gash. I’d be ok if he just scouts and buys players long as he doesn’t choose managers or end up with Tony Pulis.

Thing is, you want a manager and DOF on the same page if it's gonna work; which is what makes the current situation so perplexing (see my prev post.)

Last edited:

Agree bar Sess don't think he's ever taken a chance offerd to him.

But Gil Rodon and Romero need to be playing the same old players have been letting us down for years and we keep playing them expecting them to do something else, it's legit insanity

But Gil Rodon and Romero need to be playing the same old players have been letting us down for years and we keep playing them expecting them to do something else, it's legit insanity

Hugo (Gol)
Japh (Emerson) - Romero - Rodon - Reg (Sess)
Skipp / PEH
Gil / XXX / Son
Kane
All either relatively fresh or proven.... We could leave the past behind if we chose to.

Sess could seriously end up being one of our worst ever signings.

He’s so timid!

I am so annoyed with my club.

For once we spot a young guy with huge potential then what ?
He gets left out of the Euro squad by Maurinho who signed him
He is ignored for most of last season when Sanchez was terrible
He is ignored by Nuno
He plays great for Wales at International level
We don't develop him
I thought we would play 3 centre backs and flying full backs as Reggie is better going forwards, then he would play every week

Interesting that Brighton, whose manager many wanted, thinks that he is good enough to play !
What is wrong with us ? Does every player have to cost £25 m or not considered worthy. Shame on us !

Back
Top Bottom