Jose In Or Out 2021 Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose In or Out?

• Total voters
Not fixated at all. Although, I continue to believe his track record should be taken into account.

I’m at the stage now that if we did sack him (which I don’t think we will, or should), anyone else coming in won’t be much better. So I’m sticking to my guns in wanting to give him more time.

There’s no right and wrong here. Purely opinions that differ.
I respect your right to a have a view as anyone should; I just hope you are wrong and the powers that be have already ( weeks ago) lined someone up to replace him.
If they haven’t, we’re fucked for a good while yet.

Obviously, no one wants Jose to be managing Tottenham. Is the debate just about sacking him now or the end of the season?

Last edited:
I really don’t disagree with that at all. But take a serious look at the squad and write done who think is genuinely good enough and you’d be legitimately mad to see leave.

My list: Kane, Son, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, and Reguilon with Rodon, Bergwijn, and Lo Celso in the TBD category.

We need to be realistic about how much the squad has been allowed to atrophy since 2017-2018. Pochettino told us as much and it’s all coming true. It’s nearly impossible to underrate how much work there is to be done outside Kane and Son being world class.

Id also keep Aurier (at least as 2nd choice) he has been decent mostly this season. No issue with Davies as a back up left back and I would see if the new manager used Bale and Vinnie properly before calling their loans off as they have talent. Bringing Skipp back should help give a bit more cover in the middle.

up front is fine, one or two new in the middle but it’s the defence that needs the big correction.

We need to fire Jose asap so we can 1) get a fresh start with a new manager for Dele and Bale, and 2) to adjust our training and tactical approach to support building positive, attacking habits back into the team. Even if we get a caretaker until the summer merely offering Dele and Bale a path back in the team would be worth it, and any general movement back towards possession and attacking should suit our eventual choice of manager better than keeping jose-ball for another few months.

MOURINHO IS A FUTURE TOTTENHAM LEGEND HE HAS SPURS TATTED ON HIS CHEST. IN THE SUMMER HE NEEDS A 250M+ WAR CHEST, A MASSIVE CLUB EXODUS AND A REBUILD RETAINING KANE, SON, HOLJBERG, AUDI VERALD, LLORIS.

250M SUMMER WAR CHEST TO MEAN BUSINESS. THE CLUB NEEDS A HUGE REBUILD.
Can we get a full blown wank emoji??

I've changed my vote from out at the end of the season to out once we have a replacement. We need to get that replacement lined up and it needs to be someone good. Don't ask me who I think is a good appointment though, I thought Jose was a great appointment!
Ask yourself this though, are we likely to do better with Mourinho or a caretaker in charge for a few games?

We aren't beating bad teams right now- we need to change that.

I'd think Graham Potter could be a great, sneaky choice. I'd love to see what his coaching could do for our offense.

Hassenhutl, Nagelsmann, and Rodgers would be good choices too.

That’s why I want him gone. Jose has shown he is not able to adapt unless he get a a massive squad of players he needs, that a luxury. We have a top quality attacking team that he has no idea how to use. Yes we have a weak defence but I doubt any other manager in the league right now could have the attacking players we have playing that shit.
Everybody knows his history and how he spends money, yet we still hired him. 🤷‍♀️
Eddie Howe or whoever we get next will get ragdolled for not getting topping four or winning a trophy in their first season.

Eddie Howe or whoever we get next will get ragdolled for not getting topping four or winning a trophy in their first season.
...which is why we need #JoseIn for longer so the pain not only sets in but cements itself into their entitled bones so that they realize the only extended 'success' we've had in 20+ years was the Poch era...and even then the peanut gallery was worried about little cups when his objective #1 (from his boss) was top 4. Some are a little big for their britches with such expectations so a little recalibration of things wouldn't go amiss.

That strategy might backfire.
Winning nothing wouldn't surprise me but equally winning the league cup and the Europa wouldn't surprise me.

This is last chance saloon, if we nothing and Jose's sacked Kane is going to be looking for a new club and Son will probably follow him.
I wish I could share your optimism regarding the possibility of Spurs winning two cup competitions this season but I certainly don’t see that happening now. If it does happen you’re right he’d get and deserve a reprieve but in reality I think failing to finish fourth is his last chance saloon and we’re there already.

As to beating Manchester City in the league cup final I can’t seen anything other than another City walloping.

Yes but we did get PEH, Rodon and Aurier has looked a lot better since having competition for his spot. It’s true we need a commanding CB like peak Verts but the other end of the team is full of attacking players but we make little use of them, that is not acceptable.

Full?
Of attacking players ?

Where are some of you ppl coming from? We have TWO capable attacking players and huge pile of utter crap.
There is Kane and there is Son. No other player could score to save his familys life.

Ndombele is midfielder, and brilliant one, but not an attacking player as such.

Once more - Hjojberg, Ndombele, Son, Kane and Regulion - we have 5 top quality players and a lot of issues elswhere.

P.S picked "out immidiately" from the start; so not defending Mou with that; just pointing out that our squad is pile of crap generally speaking :D

P.P.S well there is slight chance that if we would purchase a leader into CB position he would have VVD effect, and 2nd CB (may that be Rodon, Dier or Alderweireld) could look also much much better.

P.P.P.S we have gathered 12 points from last 12 games. 1 ponint per game. Same as we did in end of Poch era. And it got him sacked despite his legacy - so logic is in place here...

Full?
Of attacking players ?

Where are some of you ppl coming from? We have TWO capable attacking players and huge pile of utter crap.
There is Kane and there is Son. No other player could score to save his familys life.

Ndombele is midfielder, and brilliant one, but not an attacking player as such.

Once more - Hjojberg, Ndombele, Son, Kane and Regulion - we have 5 top quality players and a lot of issues elswhere.

P.S picked "out immidiately" from the start; so not defending Mou with that; just pointing out that our squad is pile of crap generally speaking :D

P.P.S well there is slight chance that if we would purchase a leader into CB position he would have VVD effect, and 2nd CB (may that be Rodon, Dier or Alderweireld) could look also much much better.

P.P.P.S we have gathered 12 points from last 12 games. 1 ponint per game. Same as we did in end of Poch era. And it got him sacked despite his legacy - so logic is in place here...

On the Jose cool aid are we. Any manager that gets that out of what we have is doing a fucking shit job. I can accept our defensive weaknesses due to personal not our attacking.

On the Jose cool aid are we. Any manager that gets that out of what we have is doing a fucking shit job. I can accept our defensive weaknesses due to personal not our attacking.

Can you even read? I told that I am absolutely on "Jose out now" train.

But that does not change the fact that -
- Moura is supposed to be an attacking player who has produced on average 2,5 assists in EPL+CL combined across his whole time here. Yes under Poch too! On top of that his vision, passing and ball control are shocking.
- Lamela is chronical crook, who last time played more than 18 full games (out of our normal 50 game season!) in freaking 2015/2016! And even when he plays, he brings passion, I agree but lacks the ability to pick out right passes at the right time.
- Bergwijn is supposed to be an attacking player but he is able to waste a chance after chance even while going one-on-one with the keeper; he has played 30 games and scored 3 goals for us in EPL
- Bale is absolutely and certainly finished in top level. He started against really poor opponents in EL but did not produce anything even against them. Shell of a player, and never gonna play in top level of European football ever again, I am certain about it
- Vinicius was not even trusted to start against championship sides in cup competitions (including some EL games), in those few chances he has played against decent opposition, he has done nothing to prove his worth. Both Vinicius and Bale are gone from the end of final whistle of the last game of this season. I can make bet on the fact that neither of them will be with us when next season starts.
- Alli ; well he is a bit of a wildcard. I hope that under another manager and with right phsycolocial support he can become valuable player to the squad. He has most of the tools, but not sure about his commitment and effort. But let's not forget that his last season of actually being good ended in May 2018 ... that was 30 months (!!) ago. So fingers crossed, but no guarantees.

I cannot understand how anyone would describe this bunch as "team full of attacking talent"....

I would be OK to keep Bergwijn and Alli from this bunch from next season. In addition to Son and Kane (assuming they will remain, which I doubt). So we would have to bring in at least 2 new faces + maybe give Clarke an option as squad player starting from cup games etc?

The job of a very good manager will and always has been to make the sum of the parts better than individuals. I see west ham, Brighton, villa, leicester, Everton all playing much better more cohesive football with in some cases not even half the talent. Jose has had long enough to establish a settled back 4. Individual errors always mostly come from chopping and changing in selection. He freezes players out then gives them 10-20 mins here and there and expects performances. In modern football you have to keep everyone involved and motivated. Jose cant do it. The old tactic of I'll treat you like shit to get a reaction dont work. There has been zero coaching since he arrived. Easiest thing to do is get 10 behind the ball and counter. We have zero pattern of plays. The players in posession dont know what to do. It's all off the cuff. The subs he makes are always safety first. Yesterday 1 nil down at halftime be proactive. Instead we got sissoko. Took out Ndombele who will get on the ball from deep and break lines. Pushed him higher but problem then was quality to get ball in between the lines to him. Hes decimated confidence in bale dele winks to name a few. Jose always wants the squad he wants not the squad he has and improve the individual and collective.

This exactly. I can accept on paper Man City or a fully fit Liverpool have a better team but our squad at the start of the season most people saw as similar in strength to United or Chelsea. The football and results based on what we have is easily the worst performance of any manager in the league, only Arteta runs anywhere near close.

Noticed though some of the Jose supporters on this forum turned up around 2020, they will probably fuck off when he is gone.
I’d like the poll to have indicated both age and nationality - possibly sex also. Good representative samples always ask those questions in polls like this.

Back
Top Bottom