Jose In Or Out 2021 Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose In or Out?

• Total voters
We could have a triumvirate management team of Guardiola-Allegri-Simeone with the force ghosts of Nicholson and Yoda guiding them, Tupac in the Chirpy mascot outfit, Maximus Decimus Meridius giving team talks and the 1992 Dream Team as ball boys and we still wouldn't get anywhere without a defence.

Mourinho has made mistakes and been well below expected, but if we don't acquire top tier CB talent then who sits in the manager seat is almost irrelevant.

I don't think we'll finish any lower than 11th.

And I think Levy will accept that as long as we win one of the cups.

I do however think if we get knocked out of the Europa League and lose the League Cup final - he'll be gone before the end of the season.

There's ZERO reason to then keep him.

Why on earth would we continue to back a manager who has us mid table, trophyless and with no sense of direction.

Beating Wolfsberger in the week will see him in a job until at least the 25th April.

It will be a bloody hard job for the next guy. I think it makes sense to look at a Rangnick character who starts as a manager, then moves upstairs as a sporting director. He would completely rebuild the club...it would be a huge decision for Levy though.

As for mid table and no trophies, yes, there will be nowhere to turn for Jose. Levy would need to sack him.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll finish any lower than 11th.

And I think Levy will accept that as long as we win one of the cups.

I do however think if we get knocked out of the Europa League and lose the League Cup final - he'll be gone before the end of the season.

There's ZERO reason to then keep him.

Why on earth would we continue to back a manager who has us mid table, trophyless and with no sense of direction.

Beating Wolfsberger in the week will see him in a job until at least the 25th April.
Hmmm not sure about that, Woolwich away between the 2 Europa last 16 games. Go out of Europa and lose to Woolwich the backlash will be very very bad.

We could have a triumvirate management team of Guardiola-Allegri-Simeone with the force ghosts of Nicholson and Yoda guiding them, Tupac in the Chirpy mascot outfit, Maximus Decimus Meridius giving team talks and the 1992 Dream Team as ball boys and we still wouldn't get anywhere without a defence.

Mourinho has made mistakes and been well below expected, but if we don't acquire top tier CB talent then who sits in the manager seat is almost irrelevant.
And yet our transfer priority seems to be Sabitzer

Unpalatable as it sounds, Overmars is leaving Ajax this year, that's exactly who we need, regardless of past poor choices!

Not for me. It's already a ridiculously difficult job considering our chairman and all the more moneyed clubs above us, so I just don't see why we would want to make it any more challenging by bringing someone in who won't get any slack.

Problem is our defence is one of the better ones in the premier league in terms of goals conceded. 27. Two more than Chelsea. 1 more than villa and woolwich.

The best one has had John Stones as a mainstay who people were laughing about not that long ago.

The difference is city hold onto the ball so as not to concede. We don’t approach games that way. So inviting more chance to concede.

Anyway after city - Villa, Woolwich and Chelsea have the next best defence records.
I’m not even sure who starts in those CB positions for those 3 clubs tbh. But from them who would you currently take? (I’m only really watching Spurs these days)

Problem is our defence is one of the better ones in the premier league in terms of goals conceded. 27. Two more than Chelsea. 1 more than villa and woolwich.

The best one has had John Stones as a mainstay who people were laughing about not that long ago.

The difference is city hold onto the ball so as not to concede. We don’t approach games that way. So inviting more chance to concede.

Anyway after city - Villa, Woolwich and Chelsea have the next best defence records.
I’m not even sure who starts in those CB positions for those 3 clubs tbh. But from them who would you currently take? (I’m only really watching Spurs these days)
Out of that bunch, none from Woolwich as their defensive problems are as bad as ours.

Otherwise I'd say Thiago Silva (albeit injured) and Tyrone Mings are the leading CBs. I'd take Mings.

Behind them is Rudiger, Dier, Alderweireld, Zouma, Elmohamady and maybe Rodon, don't know enough.

Behind them is utter dross of goon defenders and Sanchez.

None of these teams have good defensive units, a lot of attacking talent....all outside the top 4.

Was 100% out on Sunday but now I think this won't solve our problems as improving the squad has been our main gripe since 2017

Out of that bunch, none from Woolwich as their defensive problems are as bad as ours.

Otherwise I'd say Thiago Silva (albeit injured) and Tyrone Mings are the leading CBs. I'd take Mings.

Behind them is Rudiger, Dier, Alderweireld, Zouma, Elmohamady and maybe Rodon, don't know enough.

Behind them is utter dross of goon defenders and Sanchez.

None of these teams have good defensive units, a lot of attacking talent....all outside the top 4.

Yep all outside the top 4 but yet all conceded less than united, Leicester and West Ham. We did fuck up united’s GD. But you could say Villa did to Liverpool’s as well.

City just miles ahead of others for keeping clean sheets.

You say not good defensive units?? What is your rule of thumb for deciding that?

Teams with most clean sheets after City.
Villa 12, Chelsea 11 and then Burnley Leicester and West Ham with 9.

If he was sacked would we improve
That is quite literally what is expected of a manager: to improve the players he has at his disposal and have the team play as a cohesive unit. If I was being hired to take over a team at work, I would do so knowing my job was to get the best out of them.

He's isolated Dele, pissed off Bale and I've no only idea what he's done to Doherty to make him so crap but it must have involved a ballgag and a toothbrush. I see no cohesive unit, rarely any style against the other big teams (or smaller teams for that matter) and no obvious 11. Just experiments, sometimes with weird substitutions and limpid starts to games. After Hugo's done his 'let's fucking do this' huddle before a game, does Jose add 'yes, but cautiously and with a meandering sense of purpose'?

1614066761716.png

Yep all outside the top 4 but yet all conceded less than united, Leicester and West Ham. We did fuck up united’s GD. But you could say Villa did to Liverpool’s as well.

City just miles ahead of others for keeping clean sheets.

You say not good defensive units?? What is your rule of thumb for deciding that?

Teams with most clean sheets after City.
Villa 12, Chelsea 11 and then Burnley Leicester and West Ham with 9.
Using the simplest metric there is - we’re losing lots of games, ergo we are poor defensively. Multitude of reasons of courses but primarily because were trying to be a top tier team without top tier defensive players.

I voted out now but he might as well stay the rest of the season. Really don’t want him or his shit football here next season and that is even with any cup wins. If he is here next season the fans will make sure he leaves when the stadium is full again.

Last edited:
Wanna change my vote from ironically "IN". I say let him finish his contract out. There are still folks round these parts defending him so more lessons need to be learned. Let him get some players in this summer as well. But only players that perfectly suit him and his horror ball. That way even after he is gone we will be weighed down by those contracts and creaky legs and thorugh that even more lessens can be learned after he is gone. In for a penny in for a pound so might as well live the full Jose cycle so we can feel like a big club with a winner at the helm. Hell, we might as well extend him a year too and that is what all the cool clubs did.

Levy will keep him another year, and then once fans are back in the stadium the pressure created by his dog-shit, cowardly approach to football will lead him to get the sack.

We could of course pre-empt that inevitable conclusion by firing him in the summer. On the basis that if you know how it's going to end why delay that?

Back
Top Bottom