Jose In Or Out 2021 Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose In or Out?

• Total voters
I'm tapping out. Backed him from the start but it feels like the end of the poch era to me. Seems he's lost the players and resigned to the fact he's getting sacked. He won't quit as he wants the payout.

What is the point of having a coach / manager at Tottenham??

Since the GLORY days of Bill Nicholson, we’ve had 47 years of virtually nothing with 28 different coaches / mangers, that’s one coach every 1.5 years !!

All or most of them, except for a few, couldn’t do anything with our players.

A new coach comes in, usually we start improving for the new boss, then soon the players don’t like this or that about him, and down tools until he is fired.

Again and again this deplorable situation continues.

So I suggest, let’s just pretend that we have a coach, because having a real one doesn’t seem to be working.

Anyway the players / squad seem to be able to control the games by themselves, week in week out.

Also it will save the embarrassment of paying off the coaches contract every 1.5 years.
Psssst. It's the bald cunt who is main problem.

Since the GLORY days of Bill Nicholson, we’ve had 47 years of virtually nothing with 28 different coaches / mangers, that’s one coach every 1.5 years !!

A new coach comes in, usually we start improving for the new boss, then soon the players don’t like this or that about him, and down tools until he is fired.

So I suggest, let’s just pretend that we have a coach, because having a real one doesn’t seem to be working.

Anyway the players / squad seem to be able to control the games by themselves, week in week out.

Also it will save the embarrassment of paying off the coaches contract every 1.5 years.

You've posted the same thing 3 times. You're not a Spurs fan. Foul vote.

Hmm, only signed up in January with 5 messages. Saying we've done nothing for 47 years (2 league cups, 3 FA cups, UEFA cup, CL final??).

I smell
:goonermong:

Foul vote.

I'd give him more time to turn things around. The rest of the season, including the cups, unless we settle in lower mid table. The exception being if we have a quality replacement lined up, which I doubt.

Sacking him now might result in a new manager bounce, Sherwood-style, but by the end of the season it'll revert back to mediocrity unless we bring in a top quality manager with a long term strategy.

A caretaker manager, a journeyman or a relative unknown will probably result in our best players wanting out in the summer.
Then again I'm much more patient and forgiving than almost all other football fans.

Last season was nothing to shout about.

Moreover we needed a national lockdown to turn things around last season and finish 6th, we won't get that this time.

These last 10 games have reminded me of Leipzig, Chelsea, Norwich, Burnley last season. Nothing has changed in a year. What is the fucking point in Jose Mourinho.

Surely this is his last job in England.
Yeah similar to pre lock down but other than 2 very small decent spells its been woeful since Chelsea at home before Christmas 19. There is still no gameplan, the team look unfit and bored and the style of football is the worst i've seen. Results have caught up with 13 months of clueless, turgid football.

NewThirstyEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

It's Time to Go!!!!

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he sees out the season with no fans in the stand.

Poch isn’t and wasn’t the answer
We sacked a Poch that had us playing not far off this

At least we’re only losing 1-0 most days
I agree on this. I wish we’d stop mentioning Poch now.

Whether you think he was unfairly sacked or not, it’s time to look towards the future.

If we get our next appointment right it could be a really exciting time for us. The infrastructure at the club is top class, whilst it feels like we’re a million miles away right now, the reality is that we aren’t.

Last edited:
We are 3 points better than at this stage last season and still in every cup, including a final.
So? Last season we were 13th at a point, it’s been probably one of the worst seasons in the last 10-15 years? Does that make you feel more reassured that we’re 3 points better than that?

So? Last season we were 13th at a point, it’s been probably one of the worst seasons in the last 10-15 years? Does that make you feel more reassured that we’re 3 points better than that?
If we finish with 3 points more than last season I will be content. I expect us to finish with more.
We have lost to the champions, Brighton who then beat the champions and Chelsea.
Chelsea had a good 1st half where we conceded a dumb penalty but in the 2nd half we did well and were unlucky not to equalise.
I am confident we will do better in the matches upcoming and will have a great season with maybe a trophy or 2.
I look forward to next season but only if Levy bites the bullet and takes a hit on the flops that Poch bought and buys reliable players able to play 90 minutes every game.

Last edited:
I'd give him more time to turn things around. The rest of the season, including the cups, unless we settle in lower mid table. The exception being if we have a quality replacement lined up, which I doubt.

Sacking him now might result in a new manager bounce, Sherwood-style, but by the end of the season it'll revert back to mediocrity unless we bring in a top quality manager with a long term strategy.

A caretaker manager, a journeyman or a relative unknown will probably result in our best players wanting out in the summer.
Then again I'm much more patient and forgiving than almost all other football fans.

Truthfully we need a complete rebuild, more focus on youth and getting back to our clubs long standing philosophy.

Only this time when we do it and move back to that attacking and entertaining philosophy we need a manager that knows what it takes to win and is fully backed by the board the way Jose was in the last window.

Truthfully we need a complete rebuild, more focus on youth and getting back to our clubs long standing philosophy.

Only this time when we do it and move back to that attacking and entertaining philosophy we need a manager that knows what it takes to win and is fully backed by the board the way Jose was in the last window.
This. A more youthful, entertaining side with big money spent when we need too. We have a base for that, Tangy, Lo Celso, Requilion, Rodon, Bergwijn, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Sessegnon all a good age. Add in Son, Kane and we have something to build from. I hope we reconcider the scouting/transfer set up as well.

1-0 > 3-0/7-2
Hang on, let me get this right.

You're telling us Poch wasn't the answer.
You're finally admitting one of the most decorated and succesful managers in football history isn't the answer.
His previous seven managers weren't the answer !!!????

How much more fucking slack are we giving him to finally find the right one then?

Another 20 years?

So that's 40 years. And he'll be nearly 80. Is that reasonable or still classed as kneejerk!

Hang on, let me get this right.

You're telling us Poch wasn't the answer.
You're finally admitting one of the most decorated and succesful managers in football history isn't the answer.
His previous seven managers weren't the answer !!!????

How much more fucking slack are we giving him to finally find the right one then?

Another 20 years?

So that's 40 years. And he'll be nearly 90. Is that reasonable or still classed as fucking kneejerk!
*20 years later*
Something something it's not Levy's fault that players miss shots.

Back
Top Bottom