Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not quite true. Though it is not far off mark either.

Thing is that he is offering lot of losing posession in situation that are not worth it.

So on one scale there are his goals and assists ; on other scale there is his inability to help us to control the game and his tendency of giving ball away in needless situations.

Point is - he is player with significant problems, and given his spark seems to be gone as well, I am not sure his wings will carry him into anything better than what he has achieved. To me his most likely outcome is to play for Everton in the future..
I don't disagree that Dele has flaws and has not been on good form for a while. But you need players in a team that try something... even if it means losing the ball.

If you throw 11 sissoko's or 11 davies out on the pitch... sure they may have a higher pass % but it will be low risk passes that create nothing. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times sissoko has been created a chance from nothing in his spurs career.

We clearly were devoid of ideas vs brighton. There's Ndombele and... not much else. Son can create things but usually needs to be put into certain positions to make him successful. We need creativity in the lineup.

I was against his appointment but when he was given the job I genuinly hoped it would work out. When the results are good you can not complain but when the resuls turn sour there is nothing else to hang on to. Players being unfaily maligned. Sterile football at odds with our proud tradition. The only thing he exxcels in is soundbites against other managers. That's not really Tottenham.

Yeah, his top attribute is probably "Sticks up for club in press conferences"

When there are no games having him as manager is pretty good value

Some of the players did work hard I thought, Ndombele was tracking back behind Sissoko, Toby & Rodon putting in tons of blocks, Bergwijn up and down, PEH everywhere (except up the pitch), (Bale just doesn't have any legs, so looks woeful).

The issue is they aren't coached, they have no idea how to progress the ball, there are no patterns of play, when the oppo can easily cut the supply to a front 2/3 there is nothing, no other plan or option. They were simply outplayed by a team that's better coached. Teams have been able to do this when Kane's in the team, it's so fucking easy.

There is a saying about "bringing a knife to a gunfight", well Jose has armed our players with a plastic spoon.

Completely agree about the lack of patterns of play with the ball.

However, what I saw last night was a team that lost almost every individual battle on the pitch, 50-50s, seconds balls. Now we are set up to fail, that I agree with, but we aren't even doing the basics of football.

Doesn't matter who you blame for it, the buck stops with the manager.

Some of the players did work hard I thought, Ndombele was tracking back behind Sissoko, Toby & Rodon putting in tons of blocks, Bergwijn up and down, PEH everywhere (except up the pitch), (Bale just doesn't have any legs, so looks woeful).

The issue is they aren't coached, they have no idea how to progress the ball, there are no patterns of play, when the oppo can easily cut the supply to a front 2/3 there is nothing, no other plan or option. They were simply outplayed by a team that's better coached. Teams have been able to do this when Kane's in the team, it's so fucking easy.

There is a saying about "bringing a knife to a gunfight", well Jose has armed our players with a plastic spoon.
EXACTLY!!

Well said Gary. Could easily be talking about us and the situation now. The only difference i can see is that our core support, judging from mates and older fans on social media is done with him. Same thing keeps being said 'unwatchable'

I guess the key difference is United fans are happy to be patient.....as they know success will come eventually

We are impatient precisely because we don't expect success to come.....so watching terrible football isn't tolerated

Everything right now is very toxic
He's got to use all his experience and ability to change things.
Can't see this dragging much longer as it is.

Season will soon be over if the next few games don't well , levy really wants CL football and if isn't looking likely I guess he pulls the plug.

Besides being our best player last season that is.
I think there was a time when he was looking that way, yes. Probably December and January last season and we turned the loan to a premanent deal.
It feels like since then he's bee in in and out of the team through injury and or form.

Season will soon be over if the next few games don't well , levy really wants CL football and if isn't looking likely I guess he pulls the plug.
Hate to break it to you, but it's gone via the league.
The only hope now is to win the Europa League.

I wouldn't fancy many coaches we can get to do a better job of that than Jose. Love him or hate him, he wins cups and titles. We're well out of the title race.

I must have missed these anonymous games, every game I have seen from him he has been one of our best passers and one of the few guys moving the ball forward.

His "worst" games are better than 90% of Lamela's games, the only similarity is that they are Argentinian and have injury histories. You want GLC to have the ball unlike Lamela, he almost always makes the right play unlike Lamela, he is great working with teammates in attack unlike Lamela.

The guy is a massive positive when he is healthy. I understand if someone wants to move on from him because of his injuries but complaining about his play when healthy is ridiculous.
I'm so fed up with this season and the shite I've seen I can't be arsed to look back.
It has happened, I don't really care if you believe me or agree with me.

Nothing more needs to be said.

I wouldn't fancy many coaches we can get to do a better job of that than Jose. Love him or hate him, he wins cups and titles. We're well out of the title race.
Of course its not gone via the league

We're still somehow 6th with a game in hand. Everyone else is inconsistent. We could get top 4 if we put a run together.
Its tight but possible

He HAS won Cups and titles. That was with different clubs, mainly in a different period of football.

This ridiculous notion that just because he won in the past means he will now needs to stop.

We had the great serial winner last year and were pathetic going out against Norwich in the FA and even worse losing to RB in the CL. Did he forget to activate his super winning powers for those Cup games?

We are where in are in the Cups currently due to the butteriest of butter soft draws, full credit to him for not fucking it up, although Europa group stage was a bit of a mess, but lets not pretend that he has worked some sort of serial winner magic to get us through.

I would fancy a bunch of coaches to to do better job, the numerous coaches that have had more recent success and have their teams much, much better than Jose would all be better options than Jose just because he won something with Porto in 2004.

However, what I saw last night was a team that lost almost every individual battle on the pitch, 50-50s, seconds balls. Now we are set up to fail, that I agree with, but we aren't even doing the basics of football.

With regards to 2nd balls, it's not going to look good if you are outnumbered in midfield as Ndombele and PEH were. It looks like they are 2nd to every ball and most likely they are because they are covering more ground and are outnumbered.

Statistically, they were winning their tackles and aerial duels. They worked hard. The reality is, as is the case every game no matter the individual player they are actually OVERWORKED. If we are set up to let the oppo have the ball then we will be attacked and attacked and attacked.

We made this even easier for them last night by playing Sissoko and Davies wide, Potter allowed the ball to go out wide to them, then just closed the passing lanes inside and stopped the hoof into the channel. This enabled them to isolated and outnumber PEH and Ndombele in the middle, basically not allowing a decent ball to the front three.

Again, I'm not trying to paint they were "Roy of The Rovers" type of performances, far from it but they are simply set up to lose the battle and ultimately the war.

I've been saying this when we were winning games. We are just a very badly coached side. Rodgers or Potter or Hassenhuttle would get more out of us and there would be way less blood on the walls the blokes past it. I think 95% of people here see it. Id bring Redknapp back till summer and flush him.

He won’t resign, 100% sure. Not only because of the compensation he’d get if he gets sacked, but I think Spurs are the last big club in his career. After he’s done with us, unless he pulls a miracle and we turn it around, I can’t see anyone else with European aspirations to give him a shot. Maybe his agent will pull some national team job for him but that’s also hard to believe.

I don't know the Portuguese League well enough to know if he would be welcome, and they obviously aren't really big clubs, but I wonder if he goes back there, wins a trophy in the lesser league and then says it wasn't him it was Spurs.

I know that he will blame his lack of winning on the club rather than take any responsibility for himself either way but going somewhere else and bagging an easy trophy might, in his little mind, "prove" that he still is a serial winner.

Jesus Christ
I love optimism but this bloke can't be watching us play football...

Back
Top Bottom