Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brian Clough did it but he was only successful at clubs that he could build from the ground up around a group of players who owed him their careers - he couldn't hack it at Leeds where he had a group of established internationals who didn't owe him a thing as illustrated in The Damned United.

Jose has consistently done it with established internationals and some of the biggest clubs in world football - Serie A and La Liga titles don't grow on trees and I have absolutely no doubt in Jose's ability to handle the big boys.
He has and I'd never dispute that, however the bar has been raised by Liverpool and City respectively, tactics have changed since his glory years as has the quality in the prem.

Like I said I'm excited by what may come, I'm just adding a note of caution. When he's been really successful he's built teams quickly with substantial investment, I'm not sure he'll be afforded the same at Spurs, how he copes with that will be interesting. I never questioned his ability to deal with the big boys, but I do over a sustained period of time based purely on his track record.

I used to piss up the brick walls of the teachers that respected me, it was always the cunts that got my homework on time.

You've got to bear in mind these are millionaire man children, isn't that what we loved initially about Poch, the way he fucked off the wankers from the get go ?

In footballing terms Mourinho is an extremely intelligent and articulate guy, and I think amidst all the media tomfuckery, we can overlook that his core values are very good ones, I do believe he understands how to communicate his objectives and philosophy - the most important thing in a leader - and fundamentally he understands and prioritises the collective ethos, doesn't like cunts who don't work for their team mates, hates to lose. That can obviously cause friction, but I also remember watching Marco Matarazzi in tears when Mourinho left Inter. I don't think we always see that Mourinho publicly, I don't think he wants us to. There's no way he achieves what he has by just be a cunt and pissing all his players off. I'm pretty sure there's a side to him that does inspire loyalty and spirit, his sides achievements speak to this. I think we've even seen with Poch how the same group will inevitably stop listening to the same message after 3 years or so, especially when it isn't succeeding.

I get where you are coming from, I have repeatedly said I didn't want him, but I have to admit, listening to him is a fucking breath of fresh air after the flimsy fucking gibberish I've had to listen to Poch spout for 6 years. And the bollocks that blaggers like Redknapp and his fuckwit protege Sherwod would spout. I don't think Ive ever managed to listen to more than 5 minutes of a Poch press interview before getting bored by his banal mumbo jumbo.

A combination of Mourinho, Levy, a playing staff consisting of a bunch of demotivated bumbling cunts and our fans bullshit "Spurs Way" delusions, means this has got tits up written all over it, but in one interview and press conference he's reached round and stuck a pinky up my arse the way Poch hasn't for about 4 years.

I have to admit, I'm a little bit intrigued to see what happens next.
No wonder you're a thick cunt, the teachers had it right it seems.

Seriously I hear you but I'm not comparing Poch with Jose and it's disingenuous to say so. Talk is cheap, what he's said so far is great and I share your opinion on it but his track record says ' come in, shake it up, spend money, win and then get fucked off ' after 2 or 3 seasons.

I'm fascinated too I'm just adding a note of caution in the same way you are (more eloquently obvs), for the same reasons. He's a genuinely clever cunt as you say but his ego and his subsequent defensive nature always get the better of him when things start going the wrong way. That will not have changed and it's hard to see a long term future with him as manager, despite what some reports say. I hope i'm wrong but the problem factors you've described above are hard to dismiss.

Poch needed to adapt his tactical philosophy (as klopp has) and he needed regular fresh blood whether it be youth or bought. Jose is more adaptable tactically but will he get the regular fresh blood?

We'll improve without doubt but for how long? A great DOF is more important to my mind long term.

Sliced bread has never been great. Sliced bread is shit. Where the fuck did that old saw come from? Certainly not from cunts with arms like tractors. There is no finer feeling, when returning from the bakery with a loaf still warm from the oven, than slicing it open with a keen blade in preparation for the best bacon sandwich it is possible to make. That feeling of refusal and then surrender as the blade bites into the loaf and..
What did you stop for ??? Just getting to the best bit .....damn.

Last edited:
Nice one mate! Its the Chelsea and Woolwich games you want them to go to-what a christening to have, my first game was Woolwich in 95 and I will never forget it as long as I live-everything about it.
Fuck bringing them to Watford and Villa at home on a sunny saturday afternoon;)
I remember my son going for the first time to see Spurs. It was Old Trafford and we lost 1-0 to a Cantona goal. He came home and my wife said "Did you enjoy it?" and he said "Yes mum, the referee was a wanker". I can still see her face to this day. Priceless......

So the “Special One” a man we often branded a cunt is now as a few on here have said is “Our Special Cunt”. Question is do we actually think he can win us titles.

He has said from his opening interview that the current squad is his gift. That they are good enough to win the league. After the performances we have been tortured in watching for the last few weeks is this true!

I will stick my neck out now and say I think he can and for a few reasons.

Firstly he is an arrogant prick and it’s all about him. He has lost an element of his buzz after Utd, something he will want back. We are the platform to do it. Secondly I think this team is more than good enough. On paper it’s strong. A couple of areas need sorting(time to fuck off Serge) but I think he knows that. Lastly his mentality. He knows how to win. We haven’t had a manager of his calibre for a long time if ever, dare we say since the greatest man of our club Sir Bill Nic.
All of these in my eyes will help him push us. Not to mention even if it all falls apart at least it will wind up the Chavs no end and we will guaranteed beat the Scum from Woolwich as it’s Jose’s party trick.
I think the 'arrogant prick' has gone and you will see a much more focused and determined Mourinho. He will channel his energies into winning a long awaited trophy/title for this club. He would love to be the one who brings the first bit of silverware to the new ground.
He hasn't said we will win the league next season but he has stated he thinks we can. That'll do me for starters......nice positive approach.

I used to piss up the brick walls of the teachers that respected me, it was always the cunts that got my homework on time.

You've got to bear in mind these are millionaire man children, isn't that what we loved initially about Poch, the way he fucked off the wankers from the get go ?

In footballing terms Mourinho is an extremely intelligent and articulate guy, and I think amidst all the media tomfuckery, we can overlook that his core values are very good ones, I do believe he understands how to communicate his objectives and philosophy - the most important thing in a leader - and fundamentally he understands and prioritises the collective ethos, doesn't like cunts who don't work for their team mates, hates to lose. That can obviously cause friction, but I also remember watching Marco Matarazzi in tears when Mourinho left Inter. I don't think we always see that Mourinho publicly, I don't think he wants us to. There's no way he achieves what he has by just be a cunt and pissing all his players off. I'm pretty sure there's a side to him that does inspire loyalty and spirit, his sides achievements speak to this. I think we've even seen with Poch how the same group will inevitably stop listening to the same message after 3 years or so, especially when it isn't succeeding.

I get where you are coming from, I have repeatedly said I didn't want him, but I have to admit, listening to him is a fucking breath of fresh air after the flimsy fucking gibberish I've had to listen to Poch spout for 6 years. And the bollocks that blaggers like Redknapp and his fuckwit protege Sherwod would spout. I don't think Ive ever managed to listen to more than 5 minutes of a Poch press interview before getting bored by his banal mumbo jumbo.

A combination of Mourinho, Levy, a playing staff consisting of a bunch of demotivated bumbling cunts and our fans bullshit "Spurs Way" delusions, means this has got tits up written all over it, but in one interview and press conference he's reached round and stuck a pinky up my arse the way Poch hasn't for about 4 years.

I have to admit, I'm a little bit intrigued to see what happens next.
But will he play Sissoko?

It'll take me a while to get over us getting rid of Poch, but we have got a brilliant manager now.

He knows how to win, if you had to put your life on one manager winning a one off game you would pick Jose.

Personally I thought he lost it but I'm excited to see what he can do, reading up on his new backroom staff gives me hope, watching him tear up talking about missing football, he will do some good here, he is motivated at an underdog club.

We have a great squad, great mix of quality's,I think Toby will sign a new deal, I don't think Jan will

ll sign which is sad.

It's going to be extremely difficult, because City and Liverpool have raised the bar too high, that you have to get 90+ points to even be worthy of being considered of winning the PL. Saying that, José's biggest strength has always been his pragmatism and his adaptability in single matches. That's what made him incredible in Cup competitions. The fact that he could read his opponents like a book and set up properly against them.

Sounds good. I work for a boss who says all the same things, the reality is she's a cunt who's only interested in herself and her career. Counter intuitively she doesn't trust anyone, is reactive, defensive and can't hide her contempt for those of us (me) who call her out on it. I'll be out of the firm possibly on the back of this. I want the best for the business and the team genuinely, believe in the ' team ' as a concept and in reality, but her deep rooted psychological ' issues ' will mean we never achieve this as she can't even properly conceive what I've described above as a reality.

I'm not saying Jose is like that but the proof is in the pudding, he's been brilliant from a PR point of view so far and is a born short term winner (in terms of length of time at club) with an illustrative career and trophy haul, but his personality from a psychological point of view won't have changed.

I guess what I'm saying is, is the end worth the means? Pep is a brilliant coach, but I find him ignorant, obnoxious, intolerant and basically a bit of a cunt. Isn't that why they don't stay at clubs for long?

Sir Alex was the same, I've met ex United players who said he was a horrible, nasty bully and it was a horrible experience being in that atmosphere. Brian Clough decked Roy Keane for a bad back pass. Winners yes, cunts yes. Can't a manager inspire people any more? My best bosses and teachers respected me and I'd run through brick walls for them. The cunts I only did enough for.

Guess what I'm really saying is I'm having a shit time at work....

:adewtf:

you typed all that stupid shit talking out of your ass to really say nothing. Poch really fucked a lot of you mentally didn’t he?

No doubt he can ... the challenge is that the EPL has City, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea and even Woolwich as serious contenders ... it's no easy league.

The CL is far easier than the EPL, that would seem a more obvious target, in head-to-head matches we can beat anyone, can we sustain a 100 point season? obviously not this year but that's what iw will take come next year ... sure it can be done but it's a HUGE ask ....

An FA Cup or League Cup? much easier but will that satisfy him or us?

total bollocks that the UCL is easier than the EPL. You can’t be serious. How many EPL sides have won UCL titles in the last 10? One! La Liga 7 titles, Serie A 1 title, and Bundesliga 1 title.

i think mourinho wants to sell Son because he likes the formation of one top (Kane) and 9 defenders
Ahhh the Twitter analysts. His defenders must've been other-worldy when he broke the record of most goals scored in La Liga history with Real... You should watch the games sometimes, not base your opinions on people like ESPN FC or shit like that...

total bollocks that the UCL is easier than the EPL. You can’t be serious. How many EPL sides have won UCL titles in the last 10? One! La Liga 7 titles, Serie A 1 title, and Bundesliga 1 title.

Shows just how ill-informed some people can be ....

EPL winners in the last 20 years - 5 - Utd, Woolwich, Chelsea, City and Leicester
CL winners in the last 20 years - 9 - RM, Milan, Porto, Liverpool, Barcelona, Utd, Inter, Chelsea, BM

So you are saying to win a competition that has had nine different teams winning, is harder than to win a competition with just five different teams winning? Guessing maths not strong with you?

You are unlikely to win the EPL without winning 30+ games - in theory you can win the CL by winning just 6 games ... Liverpool won just 8 CL games last year ended up CL Winners ... we won just 6 to get to the final.

How can you think winning just 8 games is easier than winning over 30? in what universe does that possibly work?

Back
Top Bottom