Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But, the games wasn’t half full.
We had two epic moments both in games we were completely outplayed in, but those moments were historic.

So let’s for arguments sake say two great games in 2019 under Poch.
How many shit ones?

You’re celebrating winning a semi final like we won the quadruple in away goals
Yes, I am. That's how I see it. In the case of Ajax, the glory was in the comeback. We were on the ropes and came back with a knock-out. I didn't need to see 180 minutes of us dominating them. The thrill was the haymaker with all of Europe watching. We didn't just slither our way through to the final; we were involved in two absolute classics to get there with our beaten-up threadbare team, pulling the rabbit out of the hat and earning a lot of respect on the way.

Yes, I am. That's how I see it. In the case of Ajax, the glory was in the comeback. We were on the ropes and came back with a knock-out. I didn't need to see 180 minutes of us dominating them. The thrill was the haymaker with all of Europe watching. We didn't just slither our way through to the final; we were involved in two absolute classics to get there with our beaten-up threadbare team, pulling the rabbit out of the hat and earning a lot of respect on the way.
And then dropped the real hero that night.

No one minds shitting all over Moura though, who was only on the pitch by default anyway

We lost the final, clinging to semifinals for 20 years is pretty tragic to be honest.
It was epic, it was years ago, move on.

I hope our team has bigger aspirations than just getting to finals

And then dropped the real hero that night.

No one minds shitting all over Moura though, who was only on the pitch by default anyway

We lost the final, clinging to semifinals for 20 years is pretty tragic to be honest.
It was epic, it was years ago, move on.

I hope our team has bigger aspirations than just getting to finals
It's only tragic if you fail to see the glory in that journey.

If we, by some miracle, win the league cup under Mourinho, I'll be a very happy man. But even if we do, the pretty easy run we've had to reach a final I doubt many in Europe will give a shit about can't begin to compare with that CL run under Poch.

It's only tragic if you fail to see the glory in that journey.

If we, by some miracle, win the league cup under Mourinho, I'll be a very happy man. But even if we do, the pretty easy run we've had to reach a final I doubt many in Europe will give a shit about can't begin to compare with that CL run under Poch.
I saw some glorious moments but I don’t equate them to silverware

Just like Woolwich don’t go on and on about that time they lost to Barca. They talk about their trophy count.

You just know he's going to be one of the least popular managers in our clubs history and then end up winning like 2 cups and becoming one of our most successful managers of all time.

Lmaooooo, always do the opposite of what TFC says.
And many “Spurs fans” will cry in their pillows when that happens!

Paging Igula, Totti, to the front please :pochlol:

Too many people are arguing poch vs Jose. That’s not the current choice. Poch isn’t coming back, it doesn’t matter.

Yes, poch got some more time initially but both stats and my eyes told me he was building something.

Right now I can point to things that I don’t fully believe in (like xg, chances created, touches in opposing side of field) to prove we’re not playing well. I can just use the eye test to tell me we’re not playing the football I’d like to see and I can point to the table and show that we’re in a dire spot. Whether you trust stats, results or your eyes it all points to the same thing.

And to me it’s not Jose or his personality, it’s what I’m seeing in the pitch. And I’ll be the first one in here tomorrow if we come out flying and playing like the Everton game and grab a result with some football I feel like I can trust. I have no Jose issue except what he’s putting out on the pitch. And right now that tells me he needs to go.

Just like Woolwich don’t go on and on about that time they lost to Barca. They talk about their trophy count.
Yeah, but they're twats. I don't care about them. Or utd or city or the dippers fans. Fuck them all. I know what I like to see and that's exciting football, not mourinho ball...

...which brings us back to the fading chakras of the not so special one.

Yeah, but they're twats. I don't care about them. Or utd or city or the dippers fans. Fuck them all. I know what I like to see and that's exciting football, not mourinho ball...

...which brings us back to the fading chakras of the not so special one.
That’s what we all want.
But one things for sure, I’ll would talk about an EL win this year a lot more than a CL semi final win.

Outside of us and Ajax fan base, no one gives a shit about that semi final

Too many people are arguing poch vs Jose. That’s not the current choice. Poch isn’t coming back, it doesn’t matter.

Yes, poch got some more time initially but both stats and my eyes told me he was building something.

Right now I can point to things that I don’t fully believe in (like xg, chances created, touches in opposing side of field) to prove we’re not playing well. I can just use the eye test to tell me we’re not playing the football I’d like to see and I can point to the table and show that we’re in a dire spot. Whether you trust stats, results or your eyes it all points to the same thing.

And to me it’s not Jose or his personality, it’s what I’m seeing in the pitch. And I’ll be the first one in here tomorrow if we come out flying and playing like the Everton game and grab a result with some football I feel like I can trust. I have no Jose issue except what he’s putting out on the pitch. And right now that tells me he needs to go.
Now that you have made this statement, I’m going to go and review your posts after every game we have played well this season.

I’ll be back with the results of my investigation.

I will never take seriously any “Spurs fan” who will want us to lose any game under any circumstances.

Too many of these about at the moment!

Rather than want us to lose, why not just watch PSG until Jose is gone/sacked then you can come back. At least you’ll want the team to win then.

If I want to discuss Spurs with oppo fans I’ll go to a CFC forum or Woolwich.

Cool, cool, cool. Enjoy my absolutely amazing posting. It’s truly awe-inspiring.
Don’t be too sure. Absolute rubbish.

Like this gem for instance:

YOU vs W Brom: This is tough. Obviously I can’t root for anything other than a win, but a loss might be better for us in the long run if it ends Jose.

Last edited:
Don’t be too sure. Absolute rubbish.

Like this gem for instance:

YOU vs W Brom: This is tough. Obviously I can’t root for anything other than a win, but a loss might be better for us in the long run if it ends Jose.

So in my posting history of being a terrible fan in your eyes you found the one post where I say I want us to win.

I am a terrible fan clearly.

This has been fun though.

I saw some glorious moments but I don’t equate them to silverware

We all get it you took absolutely no pleasure from Tottenham winning a champions league semi final , when Lucas scored the last minute winner you sat there totally unmoved thinking its just a semi final. Some of us did enjoy that night ,how can that be so difficult to understand.

Back
Top Bottom