Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the end of the day, they won a notable trophy, even better a European one lol. I know some around here hate hearing this but that does matter. But our fans are usually at the front of the ‘does this even matter?’ line whenever someone does something beyond winning the Prem or CL.
I could honestly careless about winning the Ueffa Confrence league. I'm not about to fake that for Mourinoistas. EPL, ECL, UEL, FA Cup, League Cup, CS, Audi Cup golf, UECL...in that order.

He targets the low hanging fruit because his teams are shite in the league these days. 6th with Roma after having splurged £100m+ NET is probably down on what Fonseca did there. Mourinho is basically following the career trajectory of Brian Clough, the true glory days have long gone but can still pick up the odd lesser trophy. In Cloughs case by the late 80's it was a league cup or the Zenith Data Systems winners. Still the Roma fans seem happy enough and we now have a proper manager at the peak of his powers so everybodys happy.

Nice looking trophy though.

Let’s be honest, it should really look like this:

4060-C059-52-E2-4-D6-C-8-FCD-0-BE0-BA6-D808-F.png

At the end of the day, they won a notable trophy, even better a European one lol. I know some around here hate hearing this but that does matter. But our fans are usually at the front of the ‘does this even matter?’ line whenever someone does something beyond winning the Prem or CL.
Even funnier when we talk like this even though we’ve won FUCK ALL

The BBC spunking all over this ‘historic achievement’.

Jose, the master self-publicist claiming this is a bigger achievement than when he won the big trophies, because Roma had not ‘made the investment to win’. £100m spent, Jose. In Serie A. Come on…

The BBC spunking all over this ‘historic achievement’.

Jose, the master self-publicist claiming this is a bigger achievement than when he won the big trophies, because Roma had not ‘made the investment to win’. £100m spent, Jose. In Serie A. Come on…

The mental gymnastics have been spectacular.

He finished 1 point higher than Fonseca (a mediocre manager) having invested 100 million. Even their European campaign under Fonseca had much bigger scalps in Ajax & Shakhtar, had they been in this binbag of a competition he’d have won a trophy too.

Imagine being hyped up for winning a European trophy where a mid table, struggling Leicester was the biggest obstacle.. I’ll hand it to Jose, he still manages to pull the wool over people’s eyes.

mural fit for a king! Jose Mourinho is immortalised in Rome after he led Roma to Europa Conference League glory, with an image of him dressed as an emperor and holding the trophy unveiled after wild celebrations​

• Roma beat Feyenoord 1-0 to win the Europa Conference League on Wednesday
  • Roma fans have shown their appreciation to Jose Mourinho by creating a mural
  • It was the Serie A side's first trophy in 14 years and Mourinho's fifth in Europe
By ABDI RASHID FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 09:31 BST, 27 May 2022 | UPDATED: 09:46 BST, 27 May 2022

Jose Mourinho has been immortalised with a mural depicting him as a Roman emperor following Roma's Europa Conference League glory.

The Serie A side won their first trophy in 14 years on Wednesday after beating Feyenoord 1-0 thanks to Nicolo Zaniolo's 32nd-minute strike.

Fans showed their appreciation for manager Mourinho by creating a mural which displays the Portuguese as an emperor holding the trophy in the air.

Jose Mourinho has been immortalised with a mural depicting him as a Roman emperor

Jose Mourinho has been immortalised with a mural depicting him as a Roman emperor

Wild celebrations followed on Thursday as Roma paraded the trophy around the city in front of of thousands of supporters.

Mourinho broke down in tears after securing the continental title, and was mobbed by his joyous stars, who sprayed him with water, danced around and sung 'campiones, campiones, ole, ole, ole'.

After the game, Mourinho told Sky Sports Italia: 'There are so many things going through my head. So many things at the same time. I've been at Roma for 11 months, I realised the moment I arrived what it mean, they were waiting for this. As I told the lads in the locker room in Turin, we did what we needed to do.

'This was not work tonight, this was history. We had to write history. We wrote it. The Conference League is a competition that we had the sensation from the start we could win, but it got a stronger competition when the Europa League teams came in, Leicester City, Olympique Marseille and Feyenoord. We put so much into this.

Now I am staying, there are no doubts. Even if some rumours emerge, I only want to remain at Roma.

'We must understand what our owners, who are fantastic people, want to do next season, we can build a really strong project with honest professionals.

'Of course I feel like a Romanista... I am fan of Porto, Inter, Chelsea, I am crazy about Real Madrid, I am now a Roma fan, I belong to all those clubs because we had these moments together. Tonight, with all due respect for all the clubs I worked for before, I am 100 per cent Romanista, because these fans are truly incredible.'

mural fit for a king! Jose Mourinho is immortalised in Rome after he led Roma to Europa Conference League glory, with an image of him dressed as an emperor and holding the trophy unveiled after wild celebrations​

• It was the Serie A side's first trophy in 14 years and Mourinho's fifth in Europe

Jose Mourinho has been immortalised with a mural depicting him as a Roman emperor following Roma's Europa Conference League glory.

The Serie A side won their first trophy in 14 years on Wednesday after beating Feyenoord 1-0 thanks to Nicolo Zaniolo's 32nd-minute strike.

Fans showed their appreciation for manager Mourinho by creating a mural which displays the Portuguese as an emperor holding the trophy in the air.

Wild celebrations followed on Thursday as Roma paraded the trophy around the city in front of of thousands of supporters.

Mourinho broke down in tears after securing the continental title, and was mobbed by his joyous stars, who sprayed him with water, danced around and sung 'campiones, campiones, ole, ole, ole'.

After the game, Mourinho told Sky Sports Italia: 'There are so many things going through my head. So many things at the same time. I've been at Roma for 11 months, I realised the moment I arrived what it mean, they were waiting for this. As I told the lads in the locker room in Turin, we did what we needed to do.

'This was not work tonight, this was history. We had to write history. We wrote it. The Conference League is a competition that we had the sensation from the start we could win, but it got a stronger competition when the Europa League teams came in, Leicester City, Olympique Marseille and Feyenoord. We put so much into this.

Now I am staying, there are no doubts. Even if some rumours emerge, I only want to remain at Roma.

'We must understand what our owners, who are fantastic people, want to do next season, we can build a really strong project with honest professionals.

'Of course I feel like a Romanista... I am fan of Porto, Inter, Chelsea, I am crazy about Real Madrid, I am now a Roma fan, I belong to all those clubs because we had these moments together. Tonight, with all due respect for all the clubs I worked for before, I am 100 per cent Romanista, because these fans are truly incredible.'

If Jose of years ago could see himself now, he’d be so embarrassed. Something like the conference league would have been so beneath him.

Oh the current competitions u are disparaging (europa)

But Yawnnn u know full well im talking about our recent history.
The format we won it under Europa cup it was 100% a way more prestigious and harder trophy to win. You cant have read what I said the UEL is ranked third highest so no idea what you are talking about ive clearly disparaged the mighty morphing UEFA Europa Confrence League. Football didn't start when sky say so that's the tiresome yawn bit!That's why Forests European cups and Cloughs achievements put him way beyond Klopp. Yes those wins count I don't care that you don't recall them. Why do our own fans perpetuate the myth we've won nothing. I genuinely don't get it. As silverware droughts go Spurs's isn't even that special!!

Last edited:

Oh My God Reaction GIF by Friends

Can you imagine the brickbats we would have received if we had made this sort of fuss!

It's embarrassing. I seriously don't want to ever be in this crap again. Its like Inter toto West Ham levels of cringe.

Genuinely a bit pathetic. Roma are a big club and they’re celebrating like they’ve won a CL, not a tin pot cup won by beating a team 3rd in the Dutch League whose entire squad is worth less than their summer budget.

By all means be happy, it’s a trophy still. But fucking hell, murals & crying? Nuts. Cult of Jose shit.

Genuinely a bit pathetic. Roma are a big club and they’re celebrating like they’ve won a CL, not a tin pot cup won by beating a team 3rd in the Dutch League whose entire squad is worth less than their summer budget.

By all means be happy, it’s a trophy still. But fucking hell, murals & crying? Nuts. Cult of Jose shit.
It’s not the Roma fans celebrating… it’s the mourinhistas which have no doubt raided the Roma fan base and will no doubt fuck off in two years once Jose pisses the entire club off.

Celebration police out in full force again

Y-NYPD1-articleLarge.jpg
How are we policing Romas party.?They can do what the fuck they like, and are ditto we can genuinely say as Spurs fans we find it embarrassing. Cool that you don't. I think its Audi Cup level myself. Genuinely not kidding when I say I'd rather win nothing g than that, my god as Mrs P says the ribbing we would take celebrating the ECL! Shudder!!

Back
Top Bottom