Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagreed with it because there was a lot of assumptions about how Mourinho does training.

I don't disagree with that style of football being more attractive though, I would love us to play like City and Pool but as long as we win I really don't care how we play.
But you can't challenge for PL if you don't play like City or Liverpool, (and how Leicester & Chelsea are trying hard to achieve to) you need to attain +90pts!!! Which is the whole point?

I get that but it's this sort of reaction to a loss I want to see.

The players being sad in the locker room instead of being angry about losing is exactly what I expected after Poch.

Poch fostered that mentality sadly, his reaction to losses was always "this is football" or some other sort of excuse.

I like that Mourinho is telling them to be angry about losing, that's what we need in the locker room because it fosters a mentality of wanting to improve and win.

If it works or not is a different matter altogether however...

I get that but it's this sort of reaction to a loss I want to see.

The players being sad in the locker room instead of being angry about losing is exactly what I expected after Poch.

Poch fostered that mentality sadly, his reaction to losses was always "this is football" or some other sort of excuse.

I like that Mourinho is telling them to be angry about losing, that's what we need in the locker room because it fosters a mentality of wanting to improve and win.

If it works or not is a different matter altogether however...
Only the other day he was quoting Mandela: "you never lose, you win or you learn’. Now it's a case of you never lose you only rage.

:gallashmm:

Or maybe it's just smoke and mirrors???

Only the other day he was quoting Mandela: "you never lose, you win or you learn’. Now it's a case of you never you only rage.

:gallashmm:

Or maybe it's just smoke and mirrors???

Right? That's the point though isn't it? "You never lose, you win or you learn" that's what he is trying to teach by getting them angry after losses, anger in sports can drive a player to become better if it's controlled correctly, it can force them to analyse their mistakes and want to improve upon them (learn from them.)

Crawling into a hole and feeling sorry for themselves is not the way to improve, that's how they continue the trend of making mistakes because instead of reflecting and being angry about failing they are feeling sorry for themselves and shrugging it off as a bad day at the office.

All I am saying is, I think Mourinhos approach is better in that regard, now like I said, if it works or not is a different matter altogether.

You can deliver that winning mentality, that winning thought process to the players but if they aren't receptive to it then ultimately it will fail regardless.

Personally I think we lack leaders in the locker room and Jose is going to find that out soon.

That’s really bugged you hasn’t it? Sorry, I can’t do a thing about it. Still, while we’re on the subject of IQ’s I didn’t miss the point of Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 ’s post - which was the one I responded to, so why you’re quoting me is a mystery. Don’t worry incomplete_winne, I won’t make the mistake of clicking on ‘ignored content’ again.

Cheers winny.

lol not at all, just think it's embarrassing tbh, like I said, I feel sorry for you.

If you ever want to have a conversation like an adult and stop behaving like a child then I am more than happy to engage.

Right? That's the point though isn't it? "You never lose, you win or you learn" that's what he is trying to teach by getting them angry after losses, anger in sports can drive a player to become better if it's controlled correctly, it can force them to analyse their mistakes and want to improve upon them (learn from them.)

Crawling into a hole and feeling sorry for themselves is not the way to improve, that's how they continue the trend of making mistakes because instead of reflecting and being angry about failing they are feeling sorry for themselves and shrugging it off as a bad day at the office.

All I am saying is, I think Mourinhos approach is better in that regard, now like I said, if it works or not is a different matter altogether.

You can deliver that winning mentality, that winning thought process to the players but if they aren't receptive to it then ultimately it will fail regardless.

Personally I think we lack leaders in the locker room and Jose is going to find that out soon.
Who the fuck says this is the case? Where the fuck are you getting this insight from? What studies have you read, Neil Warnock's 101 of Management?

There are numerous ways to motivate people and groups. Rarely and more increasingly in a football, it is likey a manager doesn't get a response from screaming at his players. (Internally at each other, maybe but we honestly don't know the dynamic of the group at the moment, we don't know if there is a split, we don't know if Kane is acting like Gallas or Ade did 6yrs ago, and that Skipp (just like Kane did under Poch) is the new man to step up and kick out the old guard????).

Just because you want screaming, just as some want a Captain that points and jumps up and down getting all shouty, doesn't make it the right call. Jose actually does know a thing or two about the difference between leaders and Captains. He knows that most Captains are for show and it's a performance (there's a very good interview of him on the internet where he differentiates the two and claims he's only ever had 2 leaders that he's managed). Ultimately it doesn't involve him screaming and shouting at players.

I haven’t been reading your posts, but why do you feel sorry for me?

I haven't been reading yours either, this is the first one I have read since our last discussion.

Because I do Joe, you are incapable of having a mature discussion, it's just about point scoring with the clique of posters who agree with you.

I don't have any issues with you whatsoever as a matter of fact, more than happy to draw a line under things if you can engage in discussion rather than insults.

Back
Top Bottom