Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who the fuck says this is the case? Where the fuck are you getting this insight from? What studies have you read, Neil Warnock's 101 of Management?

There are numerous ways to motivate people and groups. Rarely and more increasingly in a football, it is likey a manager doesn't get a response from screaming at his players. (Internally at each other, maybe but we honestly don't know the dynamic of the group at the moment, we don't know if there is a split, we don't know if Kane is acting like Gallas or Ade did 6yrs ago, and that Skipp (just like Kane did under Poch) is the new man to step up and kick out the old guard????).

Just because you want screaming, just as some want a Captain that points and jumps up and down getting all shouty, doesn't make it the right call. Jose actually does know a thing or two about the difference between leaders and Captains. He knows that most Captains are for show and it's a performance (there's a very good interview of him on the internet where he differentiates the two and claims he's only ever had 2 leaders that he's managed). Ultimately it doesn't involve him screaming and shouting at players.

I never said screaming? Look mate, whenever this discussion has come up you get really upset about it and misinterpret what I am saying, I have no idea why.

I don't want a manager screaming at players, I actually think that's mostly counterproductive (although may be required in some rare situations if they are really taking the piss.)

What Jose is saying is that he wants the PLAYERS to be angry with their performances and I agree with him on that, they should be angry with themselves because it will make them want to improve.

Being sad, feeling sorry for themselves or possibly even mentally blaming outside circumstances is counterproductive to improvement imo, Poch did that a lot and it changed nothing.

But you are saying there is only one way to win the PL and CL and those examples completely counter that logic, irrespective of circumstances.
The game has moved on mate, this is the entire point.

To win the league NOW you have to beat Liverpool and/or City and to do this you need something akin to 90-100pts!!!! Half a decade ago Leicester won the league as a 5000-1 outsider with 81pts. Last year they would have been 16pts behind the winners and 15 behind 2nd place!!

The game has moved on, Liverpool and City are where we need to aspire to be. Their style of football is what is enabling them to achieve this. THIS IS THE POINT!

I never said screaming? Look mate, whenever this discussion has come up you get really upset about it and misinterpret what I am saying, I have no idea why.

I don't want a manager screaming at players, I actually think that's mostly counterproductive (although may be required in some situations if they are really taking the piss.)

What Jose is saying is that he wants the PLAYERS to be angry with their performances and I agree with him on that, they should be angry with themselves because it will make them want to improve.

Being sad, feeling sorry for themselves or possibly even mentally blaming outside circumstances is counterproductive to improvement imo, Poch did that a lot and it changed nothing.
So more of this ......
giphy.gif

Not this.....
200.gif

and not this.......
1522516590-ian-beale-gif.gif

The game has moved on mate, this is the entire point.

To win the league NOW you have to beat Liverpool and/or City and to do this you need something akin to 90-100pts!!!! Half a decade ago Leicester won the league as a 5000-1 outsider with 81pts. Last year they would have been 16pts behind the winners and 15 behind 2nd place!!

The game has moved on, Liverpool and City are where we need to aspire to be. Their style of football is what is enabling them to achieve this. THIS IS THE POINT!

The game is always moving on mate, that's my point, what's relevant now and successful now may not be successful in two years.

I do agree with you that the points requirement for winning the league has increased but I disagree that you have to model your style on Liverpool and City in order to achieve success because it just ignores the proven principle that football is always evolving.

The game is always moving on mate, that's my point, what's relevant now and successful now may not be successful in two years.

I do agree with you that the points requirement for winning the league has increased but I disagree that you have to model your style on Liverpool and City in order to achieve success because it just ignores the proven principle that football is always evolving.
So you are hoping for regression, a drop in the number of points attainable and we are ahead of the curve by appointing a manager who is experienced at attaining a lower level of points required to win the league.

ollesafeee.jpg

So you are hoping for regression, a drop in the number of points attainable and we are ahead of the curve by appointing a manager who is experienced at attaining a lower level of points required to win the league.

ollesafeee.jpg

I think that it's inevitable that at some point the number of points required to win the league will drop anyway because Liverpool and City will not remain dominant for long as football is always evolving.

What I am hoping for under Jose is the solidity of old Mourinho teams mixed with a team capable of cracking the 100+ point mark in the league with wins (goals scored are irrelevant to me) because as you rightly say, winning the league below that point mark is pretty much an impossibility whilst City and Liverpool have continued success.

Yes, I'm getting it now. It's all about losing though, getting knocked out, getting beat.

But so long as when you lose you make all the right noises people might not notice that you lost and might be convinced that you are a winner instead.

Oh my goodness mate, no.

It's about the players being able to look at their mistakes and improve upon them, blame themselves and get angry about not performing to their best of the abilities (like against United.)

Rather than, blaming outside circumstances such as "bad day at the office" "this is football" and just being sad and looking at themselves with an almost victim mentality like "we were tired" "we aren't good enough."

Great sports teams aren't built on that sort of mentality, they are built on players being angry at losing, angry at their own performances and wanting to give 100% everytime they step out on to the pitch.

Look mate, whenever this discussion has come up you get really upset about it and misinterpret what I am saying, I have no idea why.
You must appreciate that this is a very difficult time for Guido. For years he has been prepared to defend the bald dwarf with his life. And how has he been repaid? Well, the bald dwarf has flushed his other hero (Pochettino) for an egomaniac who is nailed on to lead us to rack and ruin.

I think that it's inevitable that at some point the number of points required to win the league will drop anyway because Liverpool and City will not remain dominant for long as football is always evolving.

What I am hoping for under Jose is the solidity of old Mourinho teams mixed with a team capable of cracking the 100+ point mark in the league with wins (goals scored are irrelevant to me) because as you rightly say, winning the league below that point mark is pretty much an impossibility whilst City and Liverpool have continued success.
We ain't getting 100pts under Jose's football mate. If Jose wants 100pts then he has to develop his game, move with the evolution. Right now everyone is "hoping" that he's been studying in his man cave the past 11 months on how to play like Pep, Klopp and Poch! Let that sink in.

City is set-up to remain at the top for many, many years, with or without Pep (but they will look to appoint a manger that plays in a style that they are instilling at the club (Pep's - and the wider Snr club management's philosophy is already present within the academy).

Liverpool a in a more precarious state, as their current first 11 will soon be coming close to an end of the cycle. (they also didn't buy anyone last year). I'm not sure if Klopp remains or not. If he remains then for them to continue then he will need to rebuild, he more than anyone understands this because of his last year at Dortmund.

Oh my goodness mate, no.

It's about the players being able to look at their mistakes and improve upon them, blame themselves and get angry about not performing to their best of the abilities (like against United.)

Rather than, blaming outside circumstances such as "bad day at the office" "this is football" and just being sad and looking at themselves with an almost victim mentality like "we were tired" "we aren't good enough."

Great sports teams aren't built on that sort of mentality, they are built on players being angry at losing, angry at their own performances and wanting to give 100% everytime they step out on to the pitch.
I'd say Jose has got you eating out of his hand.

If you think we lack that in the dressing room, then I say you don't know about the characters in our dressing room.

We ain't getting 100pts under Jose's football mate. If Jose wants 100pts then he has to develop his game, move with the evolution. Right now everyone is "hoping" that he's been studying in his man cave the past 11 months on how to play like Pep, Klopp and Poch! Let that sink in.

City is set-up to remain at the top for many, many years, with or without Pep (but they will look to appoint a manger that plays in a style that they are instilling at the club (Pep's - and the wider Snr club management's philosophy is already present within the academy).

Liverpool a in a more precarious state, as their current first 11 will soon be coming close to an end of the cycle. (they also didn't buy anyone last year). I'm not sure if Klopp remains or not. If he remains then for them to continue then he will need to rebuild, he more than anyone understands this because of his last year at Dortmund.

Playing like Poch? Poch has never gained 100 points in the PL and he never will mate, that I am willing to bet hard cash on.

You need to stop believing that Poch is some elite coach, he is nowhere near Pep or Klopp, not even in the same ballpark, a progressive playing style doesn't instantly make someone a good manager, they have to win trophies as well, that's what separates Poch from the elite.

It's really hard to continue this discussion because I feel like you have a massive blind spot on the issue and I don't want to go around in circles again mate, let's just leave it here, I am begging you lol.

I'd say Jose has got you eating out of his hand.

If you think we lack that in the dressing room, then I say you don't know about the characters in our dressing room.

I thought this long before Jose said it, we lack a strong mentality in the dressing room and we lack a leader.

Lloris is anything but a leader, he doesn't even lead by example, leaders don't drink drive either, if that doesn't show that he lacks mental strength nothing will.

All that video shows me is that he was having a hissy fit, someone shouting and screaming doesn't mean they are a leader at all.

What we need in that dressing room is a calm assertive leader who doesn't whimper when we lose or feel sorry for themselves, someone who gets angry but in a controlled productive way that will make others pay attention and want to do better for the team.

That's what we lack and I hope Jose brings it out of someone because that's where Poch failed imo.

Back
Top Bottom