Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing like Poch? Poch has never gained 100 points in the PL and he never will mate, that I am willing to bet hard cash on.

You need to stop believing that Poch is some elite coach, he is nowhere near Pep or Klopp, not even in the same ballpark, a progressive playing style doesn't instantly make someone a good manager, they have to win trophies as well, that's what separates Poch from the elite.

It's really hard to continue this discussion because I feel like you have a massive blind spot on the issue and I don't want to go around in circles again mate, let's just leave it here, I am begging you lol.
Here we go again.

He was competing with them though mate, he finished above them both with little old Spurs. Klopp only finished above him once and that was last year, whilst we played away from home for two years and didn't buy a single player!

lol no he isn't, this club existed before Mourinho was even born. To the media he is bigger than Tottenham, in modern football he has accomplished more than our club has.

But he isn't bigger than Tottenham or any other club for that matter,
He literally is though.

Being around longer doesn't make you bigger, just makes you older.

It's one of the positive things I listed for you a week or so back. I'm sure he will attract new sponsors to the club, why? Since he's joined our YouTube views have gone through the roof. The media team that attends press conf has doubled (more journos were present for his first press conf than were present for our CL Semi and Final). The journalists are all foreign, they are now writing about him, not Tottenham, HIM. But this does expose us to new markets.

Because of this increased activity, we get more press, more global press, more click. More click = more money. New sponsors etc.etc.etc...

Maybe, this also means we can push over the line a naming rights partner.

But make no mistake, from MoTD, Sky and BBC and across all of the written press it's about Jose, not Spurs. We are the anecdote, the side note. No one in the press is laying into our players that didn't show up the other night, it's all about what Jose is going to do.

Good to hear. My powers of perception must be on the wane, because I was convinced you had quite a few. I also got the distinct impression that you were insulting me, but I could be wrong.

Anyway I’m a good hearted fellow, so line drawn and let’s start afresh. Suit you?
Honestly I really don't, genuinely, just because we differ in opinion doesn't mean I dislike you as a person.

Fine with me mate, I don't hold any grudges, let's consider it a line drawn.

We ain't getting 100pts under Jose's football mate. If Jose wants 100pts then he has to develop his game, move with the evolution. Right now everyone is "hoping" that he's been studying in his man cave the past 11 months on how to play like Pep, Klopp and Poch! Let that sink in.

City is set-up to remain at the top for many, many years, with or without Pep (but they will look to appoint a manger that plays in a style that they are instilling at the club (Pep's - and the wider Snr club management's philosophy is already present within the academy).

Liverpool a in a more precarious state, as their current first 11 will soon be coming close to an end of the cycle. (they also didn't buy anyone last year). I'm not sure if Klopp remains or not. If he remains then for them to continue then he will need to rebuild, he more than anyone understands this because of his last year at Dortmund.
Cmon man. Mourinho , a manager who has won 25 trophies has been studying to play like Poch? A manager who has won fuck all?

Cmon man. Mourinho , a manager who has won 25 trophies has been studying to play like Poch? A manager who has won fuck all?
This is the theory right? Nothing to do with history fella.

He's been away "learning" assessing his time at Utd. asking for brutal feedback, resulting in him regularly going over to Lille, watching, observing then taking on a new backroom staff (assistant manager).

Now he's the "humble one" a changed man.

The pragmatist who has now said:
Asked how the side will play, Mourinho explained: ‘Very similar to before [under Pochettino]. That’s what I keep saying. Very similar to before.

‘Of course I’m going to try to add some details, and sometimes details can make the difference, and progressively we will arrive to a fingerprint. ‘But the style of play has to be always adapted, not just to the club culture but especially the players’ qualities. That’s the way it is.

And so far he's been true to this, he's selecting the same players, playing them in their same positions and he doesn't need to buy new players.

Ok I thought you said that you should never write off a season until is mathematically impossible, and that not everyone is as fatalistic as me.
Then I thought you said your views were irrespective of manager.
Apologies if you didn’t say any of that.
Sammy, quick question here, you are all red and have obviously been sent off, right? How can you still post?....I mean what does this crazy all mean?

"The thing I want from my squad and I hope they understand my message is that I don't like 'sad' people, in this sense of the word. I don't like the sad people after the game," said Mourinho ahead of the Premier League fixture.

"I want the people that, after a defeat, would love a match the next morning - not sad.

"Sad is not the kind of reaction that I like and I think these players need this kind of message, this kind of 'OK, I don't accept defeat - defeat is something that doesn't belong to my culture, I don't accept defeat' but don't be sad. Let's go, the next day, the next match."

"Sad is grief, it's death, when you lose somebody. You have to be sad, you have to be grieving, you have to be crying - there is no solution against that, you lost that person."

"In a football match you lose one, tomorrow there is another one. You replace one game with another game. You don't replace people, you replace matches. I finish this one, I have another one.

"Keep moving and going and learn from the mistake. Don't accept the defeat as an empty word, accept defeat has a learning process, the next game - work the next day."

Asked if his squad have this attitude yet, Mourinho continued: "That's my job - I'm here to help them. They are fantastic players. The most difficult thing is the talent, the other things I am here to help them."

He had 11 months to watch it.

Imagine this scenario. You are a parent and your child has 4 building blocks. These spell out the letters “C”, “U”, “N” and “T”.

You get a new child, and pass these blocks to the new little one. The child does not get any new blocks.

Your child is still only able to play with these blocks, and it only spells out one real word. How would you have them spell anything new until the shop opens to get new blocks?

So you think he knew he was getting the Spurs job 11 months ago and you've sorted out our defence problems in one "fucking easy" post.
Levy has obviously hired the wrong guy. I suggest you contact him immediately to let him know.

No, I think he watched us on TV, and thought we could win a title this season. I like Mourinho, but we are shit.

And you can't deny at least a couple of old skool Spurs fans could have done a better job at defending in the Premier League than Pochettino since January.

As for Levy, more than happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom