Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He just doesn't seam happy any more. He looks miserable

Once the press realise he's a busted flush, they'll crucify him. He doesn't look like he could handle that. I'm glad - the bloke is a fucking cunt. That conference was quite revealing - the emperor has no clothes, and the town can see it now.

The press will have him for dinner.

I hope they beat the Chavs though, as it will lead them to thinking this might get well after all.

And who wears a suit jacket with a zip up top?

i

1415036689826_Image_galleryImage_Arsene_Wenger_Arsenal_Man.JPG

Once the press realise he's a busted flush, they'll crucify him. He doesn't look like he could handle that. I'm glad - the bloke is a fucking cunt. That conference was quite revealing - the emperor has no clothes, and the town can see it now.
I just don't understand what has gone wrong with him. His personality aside, there is no doubting his (perhaps former) skill as a manager. But I am really curious to know what it is that he's seemingly carried over from last season that is causing continued malaise.

Last edited:
His only achievement was at Porto and they aren't exactly the smallest club in Portugal. Spent £15m and won two titles.
Then again Porto had won the title 23 times in 60 odd years before he was with tim

Was going to say that arguably AVB did better than Jose at Porto. Then remembered that Jose won the league as well as UEFA Cup and Champions League with them.

His demise began about the toxic time he had at Real.

Was going to say that arguably AVB did better than Jose at Porto. Then remembered that Jose won the league as well as UEFA Cup and Champions League with them.

His demise began about the toxic time he had at Real.
Probably when he called himself the special one...and then really believed it.

"You don't wind up the crowd at 4-0. You do it at 1-0. It's humiliating.” Mourinho to Conte according to Sky Italia..

He always says daft shit like this like he's unaware, in the 13/14 season he was doing fist pumps towards Wenger when Chelsea won 6-0 and after their 2nd goal against Liverpool (which killed their title hopes) he ran past the Liverpool fans to do that nonsense slapping the badge crap, where was the respect then? you could understand the Wenger one but where was the respect for Rodgers? didn't they used to work together?

For the "what's happened to Mourinho" thing, I think it's much to do with the evolution of the game.

He was, and is still, a very good manager and something of a personality. Football is now like that WWE thing - an entertainment industry before a sport. Because of this, I believe he plays a role (I think even SAF said Mourinho is totally different outside of football), and this makes him marketable in a way that Wenger just isn't.

On a footballing side, I think Pochettino has brought a catalyst to the game. Mourinho/AVB have come from the "Not a footballer but a thinker" stable, where they could out-tactic your Harry Redknapps, David Moyeses and Steve Bruces, who don't care for that much preparation. Poch has brought this idea of being a young and enterprising manager who can provide solutions that just aren't on the radar of these blokes (AVB/JM) who haven't played the game at a top level.

Add into that too the people like Alex Neil and Eddie Howe, who are bringing this fresh new approach of fluidly changing the team style depending on the opponent, and you've essentially got just an all-round higher level of management standard than you had in 2004. I think it's the same reason why Wenger and Rodgers (another AVB/Mourinho type) struggled and Liverpool haven't moved forwards until Klopp came in.

Mourinho, much like AVB, made their career as serial winners, and they just never learnt how to lose. They just don't know how to cope with it and seem to implode rapidly under the pressure of a loss they can't fathom.

The press still seem largely to expect him to turn it around from what I can see.

I think that's because they are seduced by the hits, views, readership, etc that being positive about Man Utd brings though....

Back
Top Bottom