Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We had one of the best teams in the league but managed by a coach who is one of the most overrated in decades who got completely found out the moment that team matured.

If you can’t win anything with that squad it’s prime when lesser teams where - one being a vastly inferior United team managed by Jose it doesn’t matter what money we spent Mauricio just isn’t good enough. His record shows that

That whole narrative falls apart when you look at Klopp who has barely spent anything in the last 2 windows.

This was always coming - I have been saying this for years but there was zero urgency amongst the supporters and endless excuses for Poch.

The decision to sack Pochettino was 100% correct and if anything should have been done sooner. I had a lot of reservations about the appointment of Mourinho
(essentially style related/yesterday’s man/tactically outdated/cheque manager at the richest clubs) but was prepared to give him a chance. It’s difficult to see Mourinho turning this shambles around.

He took over a team in complete free fall - 25 points in 24 games and 14th in the league. Dembele gone, Eriksen gone, Vertonghen and Toby finished, same with LLoris. We also have no Kane and Son now. Seriously what do people expect? He may not be the right man, his time may have come and gone but this is going to be an absolutely massive job for any manager - the negative momentum is in swing - that doesn’t simply change over a couple months.
What i expect from a man that has won as many trophies as him is to install the mentality that Norwich are not barcelona and we should not fear them they should fear us and they should be worrying about our players
I agree with you certain things should not be judged over a couple of months and against certain teams I am fine with his tactics but he is showing weekly he is a past it manager and is making excuse after excuse every week

I want to be positive, but how can I?

I just don't see any patter in our play. Still early, but it's rhe same fuxking shit Poch gave us for last 12 months.

What i expect from a man that has won as many trophies as him is to install the mentality that Norwich are not barcelona and we should not fear them they should fear us and they should be worrying about our players
I agree with you certain things should not be judged over a couple of months and against certain teams I am fine with his tactics but he is showing weekly he is a past it manager and is making excuse after excuse every week

If it is happening next season I’ll be worried - not now given the circumstances

I mean Poch obviously had to go but let's not pretend as if Mourinho has performed up to what we expected, and paid for.

I understand he is dealing with shit players and a lot of injuries... but come on. Norwich are absolute garbage and we let them back into the game for no reason and that is 100% down to the manager's decision to sit back and let Norwich do the only thing they're good at - passing and shit.

Really hope he hasn't lost that killer mentality that made him good in the first place. Norwich was there for the taking and we let them get back up and lost the game.

But we ain't getting a reboot so what we meant to do?

We will, we just have to be patient, the stadium after a few years will bring huge funds in which will be used to purchase high quality players with a £200m warchest and make us competitive, we will win all the trophies and Levy will have a statue built of himself outside of the stadium, they might even build a statue of a Yacht out there as well and Joe Lewis standing stark bollock naked on top of it.

If you don't believe this how can you call yourself a spurs supporter? Get behind ENIC FC you melter!

Well guess he has got his excuses for Burnley - we're knackered, they're fresh blah blah blah.

Lot to answer for tonight. Picking Vorm a total cock-up, and this sitting back mentality has got to stop

A large number of our players had 5 winless years under Poch the spursy has set in and their mentality is fucked.

A complete reboot is needed with few players spared.
What a load of bollocks.

I don't know how old you are but in my 41 years on earth most of it has consisted of spurs being mid table shit.

The last 5 years were great . Sure you could argue we should of won a trophy buy tell.me just how many title races do you remember before poch? How many champions league finals? How often did we put the scum in their place?

And if I've missed all those title races and European cup finals tonight he brought on a sub that cost more than the Norwich team, he had international players out there against a bottom of the league team and he decided to play against them, at home in a low block 442. You can question the mentality if you want but why are clearly being told to sit back .

It was time to move on for both parties sake where poch was concerned but leave out that spursy bollocks that scum fans used to wind people like you up as poch finished above them year on year and get some perspective at just how negative the current manager is being with a squad worth fortunes.

If it is happening next season I’ll be worried - not now given the circumstances
It was Norwich and he set his team to shit themselves like Norwich were barcelona. That's 3x that Norwich have outplayed us

You telling me he needs kane and son
Or to sign messi and Ronaldo to get his tactics right and Norwich to start worrying about us

Anyone reckon Levy would have the balls to pull the plug on him at the end of the season and get someone else ?

he’s been very good given that he has come in Jan and come into a struggling side.

He’s shown a dam sight lot more than a lot of our recent signings
Honestly I think he's gotten worse every game. Very disappointed in his dribbling/pace and touch in all honesty. Difficult situation of course and he's gotten goals which shows promise, but at the same time I have been disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom