Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watch this get totally dismissed by the anti Jose brigade.

The thing is though these statistics muddy the waters a bit. You take away the first 5 matches of Mourinho’s reign where we got 12/15 points because of the new manager bounce that you often get then things start to look a bit different. 27 points from 17 matches becomes a less impressive 15 points from 12 matches. Within that 12 match period most of the points gained were against poor sides (the city game excluded). It appears that we are regressing to many

The thing is though these statistics muddy the waters a bit. You take away the first 5 matches of Mourinho’s reign where we got 12/15 points because of the new manager bounce that you often get then things start to look a bit different. 27 points from 17 matches becomes a less impressive 15 points from 12 matches. Within that 12 match period most of the points gained were against poor sides (the city game excluded). It appears that we are regressing to many
Hold on, you dismiss the first 5 games? Think you've proved my point!

Thanks 👍🏻

More bollocks.
How is it all bollocks? Lets look at what I said.

1. More than 12 months have passed since that no-transfer transfer window? True
2. Poch accepted to double his wages? True
3. He came up with no player out there who can improve us nonsense and accepted zero transfers? True
4. Didnt get anyone in the next Jan window either? True
5. Left us in 14th? True
6. We lost 7-2 in the CL with Poch this season? True
7. We were destroyed 3-0 by Brighton with Poch? True
8. We were back to playing shit with 14 points in 12 games? True
9. It doesnt fit your agenda of wanking over Poch still? True
10. You are still obsessed with Poch so you want shit over the new manager? True

Trueeee TRUUUEEEEE
Tru-Tru-Tru-TRUUUUUUEEEE True
Tru-Tru-Tru-TRUUUUUEEEEE True
Tru-Tru-Tru-truuueee

To the theme of starwars.

steaming aggressively into the crowd and generally being utterly useless on the pitch is being held up as the peak of professionalism now?

Ha. True.

Still, I’d suggest that kind of supports my point. He will forgive anything as long as you make the most of your abilities on the pitch and are committed to the team. The one thing he will not tolerate is laziness, hence Ndombele (whether or not that’s fair or not).

This post is disappointing. "let men be men"? You wanna throw some alphas and cucks as well? Can Tanguy go into Jose's office and show him what a man he is for questioning his character? That'd be too far right?

BTW can your superior/boss sell you out publicly like this? Would you be happy if he did it on such a tenuous basis when the truth was that it was his own fuckup? It wouldn't be the first time mind but on this you're talking nonsense. I've had bully coaches and they are no fun. But I also didn't take it. And in this instance Spurs have 60M at risk. It's a stupid motivational tactic from the same era as his on-field tactics.

One of my best managers I worked with that got the best out of me was someone who used to go to town on everyone if it was justified, an ex army guy. Not being funny but if Tanguy isn't going to raise his levels and react the right way to this then he won't make it at the club so why not just find out now and us cut our losses? The guy doesn't earn £200k per week to not put a shift in so why not call him out on it?

Some say it's bullying, I say that that's a very dangerous word to throw around the place without substance demonstrating it's justified. The bottom line is Mourinho is his boss, Ndombele hasn't been doing what is expected of him as a professional footballer playing for Spurs, the worlds gone a little PC and if a rub down does the situation a little good then I'm all for it. If he wants to let his ego get in the way that's up to him. It ain't a playschool and as Poch said, presumably in reference to Wanyama, Tottenham Hotspur Football club isn't a charity. The blokes earning a reported wage that is the same as Kane, we expect returns far better than the ones seen 8 months into playing football with us. And if injuries have caused it then yeah, it's harsh of Jose but if it's a lack of heart to be a powerhouse, a little bit of the not fancying it issues we assume it to be then yeah, call the rich superstar out for it, see how he reacts.

One of my best managers I worked with that got the best out of me was someone who used to go to town on everyone if it was justified, an ex army guy.
Did he go to the press thereby hurting you chances of future employment? Let me save you some time PLMT..."yadda yadda yadda some additional bullshit so I don't have to be critical nor acknowledge my original point was bullshit and finish with a twirl. Go Spurs". See, always willing to help.

There is more than one way to skin a cat...and just because it worked for your unmotivated ass doesn't mean it is for everyone. All ex-Army says to me is that he knows 1 way...and the enlisted DO not THINK! As the manager of a 2 BN club I would like a little more thinking FFS than the work of a guy that yelled at 20 or so guys.

The guy doesn't earn £200k per week to not put a shift in so why not call him out on it?
Immaterial. But surely you know this because by extension of you saying this the converse is that those on minimum wage should be mollycoddled. It's bullshit PLMT. Your initial point is BS and now you are struggling to support it with more BS.

Some say it's bullying, I say that that's a very dangerous word to throw around the place without substance demonstrating it's justified.
Really? He called him out and blamed that pathetic 1st half display on him when it was Mou's setup that caused it. It should have been dangerous because Ndom should have gone and whooped his ass...exactly what a bully needs.

The bottom line is Mourinho is his boss, Ndombele hasn't been doing what is expected of him as a professional footballer playing for Spurs, the worlds gone a little PC and if a rub down does the situation a little good then I'm all for it. If he wants to let his ego get in the way that's up to him. It ain't a playschool and as Poch said, presumably in reference to Wanyama, Tottenham Hotspur Football club isn't a charity. The blokes earning a reported wage that is the same as Kane, we expect returns far better than the ones seen 8 months into playing football with us. And if injuries have caused it then yeah, it's harsh of Jose but if it's a lack of heart to be a powerhouse, a little bit of the not fancying it issues we assume it to be then yeah, call the rich superstar out for it, see how he reacts.
I don't even know what to say...but mostly because the first things that came to mind would be deemed..well, not nice. And never blame me with that bullshit PC crap. I would have been nose to nose with him very quickly. That PC enough for you hard nut?

Mou doesn't have the tools to coach players in this age. You can't pull the bully roll anymore because players are on life changing contracts that will see the coach go before the players. It has happened to Mou in his last 3 jobs but he, like you, loves the tough guy act and doesn't learn from his mistakes...and ultimately has NO other tool in his toolbox. Sad when employers, parents, or any other authority figure has to resort to such base tactics. It's middle management stuff.

Because there were never sold fella, Levy failed to sell them.

There's nothing to back up that theory....

If he didnt want them he'd have continued to play the perfectly in-form Davies & Sanchez....

He didn't he dropped them and killed their development.

iu
pitchfork-1.jpg

Dubious version of events there mate.

He refused to give up the ghost on Rose, Toby (& Eriksen).

Why did Poch drop Ben & Sanchez like a bad habit despite both performing well in favour their struggling, contract dithering counterparts?

Rose treated Poch like a bitch and he still repeatedly welcomed him back into the fold.... Toby was alleged to have mugged Poch off too having gone to bat for him over a new deal.

Why no 'hard justice' for them like Andros or Lennon, Kaboul & co.?

And I never understood Poch treatment of Soldado
Suffering from a lack of confidence he scored a cracker against Everton at the Lane, the crowd loved him and he might just have turned the corner but next game he dropped him inexplicably
Destroyed him

Back
Top Bottom