Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm listening to different podcasts since the last game, and nothing makes any sense base off what what I'm hearing from supporters.

According to pretty much everyone I've listened to, Jose is useless.

Meanwhile, those same people are saying Lloris isn't good enough, Ndombele is a disaster, our defence isn't good, Eric Dier is a liability, we have no striker, Dele is washed up, etc, etc.

So the coach is junk, but the players he has are all in need of replacing.

What?

If the players aren't good enough, how are the same people judging Jose so harshly after admitting he's working with a losing hand?

It's a Spurs fan's mentality. Blame the players for not being good enough while simultaneously blaming the manager for not turning Oli Skipp into Luka Modric, Tanguy Ndombele into Claude Makelele, Eric Dier into John Terry, etc.

It doesn't make any sense.

People are expecting this team to perform like the one we had three seasons ago while sticking their head in the sand ignoring that we're pretty much worse at all 11 positions on the pitch right now compared to what we had in 2016/17.

The lack of awareness from the fan base is staggering.

I'm listening to different podcasts since the last game, and nothing makes any sense base off what what I'm hearing from supporters.

Meanwhile, those same people are saying Lloris isn't good enough, Ndombele is a disaster, our defence isn't good, Eric Dier is a liability, we have no striker, Dele is washed up, etc, etc.

What?

If the players aren't good enough, how are the same people judging Jose so harshly after admitting he's working with a losing hand?

It's a Spurs fan's mentality. Blame the players for not being good enough while simultaneously blaming the manager for not turning Oli Skipp into Luka Modric, Tanguy Ndombele into Claude Makelele, Eric Dier into John Terry, etc.

People are expecting this team to perform like the one we had three seasons ago while sticking their head in the sand ignoring that we're pretty much worse at all 11 positions on the pitch right now compared to what we had in 2016/17.

Fans have no balls basically

Fuck me! We have a lot of misfortune with injuries. If SB’s ankle (thereby leaving us with Alli, Lucas, Lamela and GLC as the only senior attacking options) and the continuing necessity of having to play - either Jan, Sess or Tanganga - at LB doesn’t get a bit of slack for Jose, Christ knows what will.

I miss the days when we were just criticising the diamond and whether Sissoko was better or worse than Skipp would be...

:mourcheeks:

What?

And the Leipzig team that are going to beat us again tomorrow are full of world class stars? No they're not, any more than the Norwhich team than knocked us out of the cup is. The difference? Managers than have implemented a progressive style of play that has been drilled into them, hence the whole exceeds the sum of its parts. Mourinho's teams are teams of individuals, which is why to be successful we'll have to supply him with £50 million players in every position.

Well done captain bellend.

So it can't be used as a "Jose only" excuse.

You've damned your own man, congratulations.
Are you really such a thick piece of shit or are you pretending? It was well known that poch run the squad ragged and played players every game without rest and liked double training sessions, his whole emphasis of play was being able to press for 90 minutes a game and had gruelling training sessions to get players up to the required fitness and it’s not coincidence that our players are now fucked because of this , so yes Jose Inherited a squad full of broken players, they are broken because poch over trained them, so yeah the Injuries are partly down to him, not that I expect you to understand this as you seem like you are a complete waste of oxygen and would have been more successful had you landed on your sisters tits instead!

A hell of lot more people across the wider football world are buying into the idea that Mourinho is an outdated dinosaur long last his sell by date.

And the Leipzig team that are going to beat us again tomorrow are full of world class stars? No they're not, any more than the Norwhich team than knocked us out of the cup is. The difference? Managers than have implemented a progressive style of play that has been drilled into them, hence the whole exceeds the sum of its parts. Mourinho's teams are teams of individuals, which is why to be successful we'll have to supply him with £50 million players in every position.

Not saying he isn't. FWIW I consider Poch a more progressive coach who is better suited to future football.

However that is just my "tactical" opinion.

Genuinely believe José is trying his best, though, even if I rarely agree with the approach.

Still, he will in likeliness change little if anything at Spurs, since he is the coach and thus per definition not the sollution to the problem.

Fans have no balls basically

The sense of entitlement is baffling.

We're without our top 3 players from the past three seasons (Kane, Son, Eriksen), have several other injuries to other players who can't play two games in a week, and all I'm hearing from the supporters is that it's Jose's fault.

Despite being littered with injuries, they're mad Jose hasn't established a playing style. They're wondering why he's rotating the squad so much. As if half the first team squad isn't nursing injuries right now.

Are they even paying attention? Probably not.

Reality is they decided before he was hired that Jose wasn't going to hack it.

People keep comparing the current squad to 2016/17. No Kane, no Son, no Eriksen, Dele lacking form, no Dembele, no Wanyama (beast that season), no Rose (beast that season), no Trippier. Jan and Toby 3 years older and slower.

This team is a shell of what we had 3 years ago. Terrible recruitment, hardly any turnover in the squad and we're looking at the painful rebuild Poch warned us about 10 months ago.

Because other teams have been shitter doesn't mean we have performed well. I am not anti Jose but let's keep the arguments honest.
If 19 teams performed shitter than we did all season we would win the league , what’s dishonest about this statistic? Just because it doesn’t fit the ant Jose agenda doesn’t mean it’s not true does it ?

And I never understood Poch treatment of Soldado
Suffering from a lack of confidence he scored a cracker against Everton at the Lane, the crowd loved him and he might just have turned the corner but next game he dropped him inexplicably
Destroyed him
I still think if big vinnie was afforded the same patience as Kane was we could have had a decent player.

Are you really such a thick piece of shit or are you pretending? It was well known that poch run the squad ragged and played players every game without rest and liked double training sessions, his whole emphasis of play was being able to press for 90 minutes a game and had gruelling training sessions to get players up to the required fitness and it’s not coincidence that our players are now fucked because of this , so yes Jose Inherited a squad full of broken players, they are broken because poch over trained them, so yeah the Injuries are partly down to him, not that I expect you to understand this as you seem like you are a complete waste of oxygen and would have been more successful had you landed on your sisters tits instead!

What an absolute load or fucking bollocks. Wasn't it more the case that Ole inherited a bunch of completely unfit and even obese players from the dinosaur Mourinho, which why they eventually ran out of steam. Didn't Man Utd nick our fitness coach or something?

The rewriting of Poch's tenure by the Mourinho fan boys is appalling. He was a fantastic manager for us who stayed a season too long. Mourinho has already been here a season too long.

Leipzig's team are better than us at pretty much every single part of the pitch right now except for maybe central defense and goal keeper.

Norwich have been running the same system for three years. Their players aren't great, but they know the system.

Mourinho has been on the job 4 months with a squad decimated by injuries.

Compared to last season, we're missing 56% of our goals and 47% of our assists from just Kane, Son and Eriksen alone.

You can't do that mid season, especially when players are dropping like flies with injuries. Every manager needs at least a pre season to implement a style of play

I'll repeat it from the Poch thread;

Jose isn't the problem - nor the sollution - , because Poch wasn't the problem.

So even if tactics, selection, managment can be questioned, it really is much of a muchness.

The worst part of José is that so many fans are buying into the idea that it is his fault, all this.

Money well spent, Levy, money well spent indeed.

I do agree that it's not all his fault (same with Poch but he has more responsibility), the damage was done for years of poor recruitment until our starting XI couldn't do it on their own anymore.

If 19 teams performed shitter than we did all season we would win the league , what’s dishonest about this statistic? Just because it doesn’t fit the ant Jose agenda doesn’t mean it’s not true does it ?
The stat is honest the interpretation is not. We have not been good nor had the teams behind us.

Atleast he has a sense of humour.

He will deliver. I'm certain of that. Since Sonny got injured, I've given up on this season. No manager can deliver without 2 (about to become 3) crucial attacking players. The form of Gio, the resurgence of Dier and the commitement of Lucas give me plenty of hope for the future.

Back
Top Bottom