Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What an absolute load or fucking bollocks. Wasn't it more the case that Ole inherited a bunch of completely unfit and even obese players from the dinosaur Mourinho, which why they eventually ran out of steam. Didn't Man Utd nick our fitness coach or something?

The rewriting of Poch's tenure by the Mourinho fan boys is appalling. He was a fantastic manager for us who stayed a season too long. Mourinho has already been here a season too long.

Fucking poch with all those top four finishes and a champions league final. How dare he.

Were tottenham before him we would win the league on a regular basis, and winning the champions league was as regular as an argument on here

We have nothing to thank him for.

What an absolute load or fucking bollocks. Wasn't it more the case that Ole inherited a bunch of completely unfit and even obese players from the dinosaur Mourinho, which why they eventually ran out of steam. Didn't Man Utd nick our fitness coach or something?

The rewriting of Poch's tenure by the Mourinho fan boys is appalling. He was a fantastic manager for us who stayed a season too long. Mourinho has already been here a season too long.
His biggest test, he failed.

Fucking poch with all those top four finishes and a champions league final. How dare he.

Were tottenham before him we would win the league on a regular basis, and winning the champions league was as regular as an argument on here

We have nothing to thank him for.
None of the managers before him had the players that he had at his disposal. We started the decade with Kaboul for godness sake. Take the 15-18 squad, and most elite managers would've won something with those players...

None of the managers before him had the players that he had at his disposal. We started the decade with Kaboul for godness sake. Take the 15-18 squad, and most elite managers would've won something with those players...

Agreed.

2016/17 and 2017/18 we should have won something.

A squad full of players in their prime, no weaknesses and relatively good depth and we won nothing.

I love Poch, but not winning something one of those two seasons really hurt.

He built that squad. He started off by having to play mason and bentaleb in midfield. That was his team.

And no I dont think it was our best team talent wise. Harry had modric, VDV and Bale in the same team
Wow just think about that talent in one team.

When poch came in walker was erratic and rose shit- turned them around. Vertonghen had had enough , he got toby, for one season he made wimmer look the bollocks. Dembele wasnt established that was poch, he turned dier from an average centre back to a key midfielder and then used his soton contacts to bring in wanyama and create with dembele an unbeatable pairing. Dele was a 5 million pound buy from fucking MK Don's, son wasnt there for a lot of it either if you remember. Eriksen was pretty shit for us before poch and kane just starting off.

Show some respect for someone who gave us things we had craved for years. Finishing above the scum, regular top four finishes, smashing real madrid at home , actually challenging for the league.

It was time for him to go , he made mistakes as did the club but fuck how have we gone to be so ungrateful. Let's remember where we were for decades. The man brought us on a consistent level to the top table. Utd harry played a part but poch made us established and you can moan about the final all you want but the fact her got to a champions league final is crazy.

I remember celebrating getting Europa league , I remember qualification for the champions league at city, it was like we won the league. Cant believe how ungrateful so many on here are.

He built that squad. He started off by having to play mason and bentaleb in midfield. That was his team.

And no I dont think it was our best team talent wise. Harry had modric, VDV and Bale in the same team

When poch came in walker was erratic and rose shit- turned them around. Vertonghen had had enough , he got toby, for one season he made wimmer look the bollocks. Dembele wasnt established that was poch, he turned dier from an average centre back to a key midfielder and then used his soton contacts to bring in wanyama and create with dembele an unbeatable pairing. Dele was a 5 million pound buy from fucking MK Don's, son wasnt there for a lot of it either if you remember. Eriksen was pretty shit for us before poch and kane just starting off.

Show some respect for someone who gave us things we had craved for years. Finishing above the scum, regular top four finishes, smashing real madrid at home , actually challenging for the league.

It was time for him to go , he made mistakes as did the club but fuck how have we gone to be so ungrateful. Let's remember where we were for decades. The man brought us on a consistent level to the top table. Utd harry played a part but poch made us established and you can moan about the final all you want but the fact her got to a champions league final is crazy.

I remember celebrating getting Europa league , I remember qualification for the champions league at city, it was like we won the league. Cant believe how ungrateful so many on here are.

People keep talking this utter bullshit about how we won nothing with Poch.

Well, before Poch, we never even dreamed about winning.

You didn't disprove my point about Poch having our best squad in 40 years though... Sure Harry had Bale, VDV and Modric, but that squad as a whole was nowhere near our 16/17 squad. Also, the competition was much better when Redknapp was here than when Poch was here. Leicester fucking City won a title with Danny Simpson at right-back. Poch built the squad, but he couldn't maximise its full potential. Also, show some respect? I have his name alongside Bill Nick in my profile, that's how much I respect him and what he did for us, it's just that it pains me so much that he had that amount of talent at his disposal and won absolutely fuck all with it...

The biggest negative I think is just how split the fan base is.
With Poch, we could praise him, criticise him when he got it wrong, argue the in between, and it still always felt like we were all a big dysfunctional family.
With Jose, the battle lines have been drawn very quickly.
always knew he was a divisive type. Never knew how divisive.

With Poch, we could praise him, criticise him when he got it wrong, argue the in between, and it still always felt like we were all a big dysfunctional family.
At the end it was pretty toxic with Poch on here anyway.
I never wanted Poch to go, but now I am 100 per cent with Mourinho.

I think that is more to do with the fact that Mourinho is such a big personality. In the past, most people would back or criticise Poch, AVB or even Sherwood because of how they performed as Spurs managers. With Mourinho, you back or you're against him simply because he's Mourinho. There are people that will criticise him even if we win the treble, and there are people who will justify him even if we get relegated.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS with some solid words and ways to look at it:

Our exit from the FA Cup at the hands of Norwich, as well as Mourinho’s handling of the Tanguy Ndombele predicament this weekend are allowing those who don’t want him at the club to vent with some legitimacy.

The position I have arrived at is that, without Son Heung-min and Harry Kane, and with other constant injuries cropping up due to a necessary over-reliance on other players, this season is not going to get any better. So I am over it. I have mentally moved on and accepted that this is a bad football team for the rest of the season.

If you think Mourinho is not the man for Spurs – and that’s absolutely fine, of course – then using the rest of the season as a stick to beat Mourinho with as if you’re some kind of soothsayer seems fruitless. We are playing without Kane and Son and with the decomposing corpse of Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham Hotspur squad. It’s not like Mourinho is suddenly going to invent a new system which fixes these major problems and immediately turns around the mindsets of the players after a year of gradually declining self-belief and confidence. And, crucially, telling everyone else over and over just how badly you think Mourinho is doing is probably going to make you feel worse. And it’ll make everyone else you’re communicating with feel worse too.

Our exit from the FA Cup at the hands of Norwich, as well as Mourinho’s handling of the Tanguy Ndombele predicament this weekend are allowing those who don’t want him at the club to vent with some legitimacy.

The position I have arrived at is that, without Son Heung-min and Harry Kane, and with other constant injuries cropping up due to a necessary over-reliance on other players, this season is not going to get any better. So I am over it. I have mentally moved on and accepted that this is a bad football team for the rest of the season.

If you think Mourinho is not the man for Spurs – and that’s absolutely fine, of course – then using the rest of the season as a stick to beat Mourinho with as if you’re some kind of soothsayer seems fruitless. We are playing without Kane and Son and with the decomposing corpse of Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham Hotspur squad. It’s not like Mourinho is suddenly going to invent a new system which fixes these major problems and immediately turns around the mindsets of the players after a year of gradually declining self-belief and confidence. And, crucially, telling everyone else over and over just how badly you think Mourinho is doing is probably going to make you feel worse. And it’ll make everyone else you’re communicating with feel worse too.

Sorry, I disagree and I am fully aware that he is calling me and others out.

My issue is not with the injuries, which would hamper any coach/manager.

I know Son and Kane are our best goal threats and occupy the defense.

My issue is with where we are headed. We are headed to an off-season where we are out of CL, paying a coach 15 mil a year, and are most likely going to bring in some hefty sums to appease the “special one”. The catch is that he will get bored, angry, and walk away, just like he has for the past decade. Is an FA cup worth the lack of long term planning? I don’t think so.

I‘m OK with not making top four or making much of a run in the CL. Given the injuries, lack of transfer spending over the years, and questionable picks when we do crack open the wallet. That being said, I’m not really OK with struggling against relegation teams with our current talent base. It’s got to be either a tactical or motivational issue. Our squad is not as bad as what I’m seeing.

I‘m OK with not making top four or making much of a run in the CL. Given the injuries, lack of transfer spending over the years, and questionable picks when we do crack open the wallet. That being said, I’m not really OK with struggling against relegation teams with our current talent base. It’s got to be either a tactical or motivational issue. Our squad is not as bad as what I’m seeing.

How many of our players who finished the game on the weekend start for Liverpool, City, Leicester, Chelsea or United right now?

Maybe Lo Celso in a few situations. Maybe Dele.

That's probably it.

Without Kane and Son, our squad is incredibly average.

If this season is a write off, then I'd like to see the likes of Skipp, Sessegnon and Tanganga start regularly until the end of the season.

That is at least one of the rare positives that I can look forward to for the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom