Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele v Burnley

Sprints 0
Tackles 0

"Jose called me into his office in December, and it was probably the second big life-changing moment for me. He had some papers in front of him, and he said, 'One assist. Zero goals. Ten recoveries'," De Bruyne said.

"It took me a minute to understand what he was doing. Then he started reading the stats of the other attacking forwards - Willian, Oscar, Mata, Schürrle. And it's like - five goals, 10 assists, whatever.

"Jose was just kind of waiting for me to say something, and finally I said, 'But… some of these guys have played 15, 20 games. I've only played three. So it's going to be different, no?'

"It was so strange. I was completely honest. I said, 'I feel like the club doesn't really want me here. I want to play football. I'd rather you sell me.'"

The following month, De Bruyne joined Wolfsburg for £18m.

I’m not saying I’ve given up on Jose, but maybe Poch wasn’t the problem

The players aren't good enough.

Aside from maybe Lo Celso, we don't have a single player who featured tonight who would start for anyone else in the top 7 in the Prem right now.

This squad is completely lopsided, relying entirely on Kane and Son to hide the cracks, and now that they're out injured it's clear as day that the other guys aren't good enough.

Jose and Poch before him are trying to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit.

You can blame Levy. It was totally the wrong appointment because it's a clash of different footballing values and principles. Jose likes to spend big, Levy doesn't. Jose likes confrontations, the players dont. Jose likes to play defensive football, the fans want attacking football. Doomed to fail from the start.
Dont get me wrong I wouldn't have done it but I can understand why levy felt he would work.

TBF the options he had against a good team made it hard but I would have preferred him use the likes of Parrott. If we are going out we are going out but let’s use the playing time and try something.

You can blame Levy. It was totally the wrong appointment because it's a clash of different footballing values and principles. Jose likes to spend big, Levy doesn't. Jose likes confrontations, the players dont. Jose likes to play defensive football, the fans want attacking football. Doomed to fail from the start.
We are playing defensive football but our defense is still shit it's the worst of both worlds.

Guys don't forget

Both Levy and Mourinho can fail to do their job simultaneously.... it's not an either or here.
Agreed. Levy was a total mug, blind man on a galloping horse could see Mourinho was an ill suited appointment for us. There is nothing in common in philosophies, transfers and clear he is past his best. There is no excuse from either of them. Levy constantly picks the wrong manager after we have done alright with Jol, Redknapp and Poch.

maxresdefault.jpg

6 games without a win now

What concerns me most is the manner of performances at the moment - no desire, commitment or real effort to play as a cohesive unit.

Tactically I just dont understand what we are trying to do or what the style of play is.

I'm not a Mourinho hater and in no way advocating getting rid of him but at least in Poch's first season you could see the development of a particular style of play despite inconsistent results.

All I'm seeing now is a clueless mess of performances. I get the injuries, lack of investment etc but surely you can coach and set up a team to play a particular way, not just half arse it with one brainfart after another and constantly shipping awful goals.

6 games without a win now

What concerns me most is the manner of performances at the moment - no desire, commitment or real effort to play as a cohesive unit.

Tactically I just dont understand what we are trying to do or what the style of play is.

I'm not a Mourinho hater and in no way advocating getting rid of him but at least in Poch's first season you could see the development of a particular style of play despite inconsistent results.

All I'm seeing now is a clueless mess of performances. I get the injuries, lack of investment etc but surely you can coach and set up a team to play a particular way, not just half arse it with one brainfart after another and constantly shipping awful goals.

Poch had a healthy squad his first season.

I imagine it's tough to implement a system when you don't have a healthy striker and are missing your top 2 players.

It's one thing to ask Kane, Eriksen and Alli to press the ball 5 years ago.

Now we don't have Kane and Eriksen and Alli is being asked to fill he a role he's never played before.

Back
Top Bottom