Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Do you accept Jose Mourinho as your saviour?

• Yes

Votes: 328 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 148 31.1%

• Total voters

Register to remove

Register to remove

Question: I believe a big reason we have underperformed is that our current coach came in mid season. However this excuse can only go so far.

What I’m trying to say is that when the season restarts and “the machine still doesn’t tick” after 2 weeks of TRAINING + the run in period before the first match I don’t see why a pre season would have the opposite effect?

(Granted the conditions of a pre season tour are better than this situation but I think a pre season is mostly about having time, which they now have too.)

Let me put it in arbitrary numbers to explain:

Now we play at 60% of the maximum-Jose-level-of excellence.
I don’t believe that if we can only manage to get to 70% after 2 weeks of training + 2 weeks of training before the first match of the restart, that another 4 weeks of pre season would get us to 100%.

Register to remove

Top Bottom