Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is plain to see you will not accept Jose as manager.
Who in your opinion would do better with the current squad. PS we also beat City 2-0 at home

Jose needs to be given time.

There's a lot of work that needs to be done with the squad, far too much for Mourinho (or any manager) to be judged a success or failure after 7 months in charge and where 3 of those months were spent in lockdown.

And of course while it's fine to say we defended quite well, it is also fair to say that Utd's build-up play was very dull.
Utd's biuld-up play is dull. They grow when they have space to counter, which they didn't have on Friday. They lose points against small teams, while their best performances came against City and Chelsea.

We set up in the best possible way to win the match. That's what Jose does. I like him exactly for that reason, and it's absolutely fine not to like him. But he is a winner, and he is Tottenham manager.

Last edited:
Jose will always be divisive. To me it seems so many people are so binary in their opinions they don't care what happens as long as they are proven to be correct.

Poch couldn't finish the job and he had five years. Jose will need time. Only the banter clubs demand the head of a manager months into an appointment. Especially with the aging and demoralised squad that we have.

Our time will come and it very likely won't be next season. COYS

It is plain to see you will not accept Jose as manager.
Who in your opinion would do better with the current squad. PS we also beat City 2-0 at home
You are 100% correct.
1. I held this view as we announced his appointment.
2. Now, this point is key: HE HAS DONE ABSOLUTLEY FUCK ALL TO PROVE ME WRONG.
3. Had he got us playing well (and yes I am referring to attacking football) then you wouldn't be hearing a peep from me.
4. He didn't even need to give me winning football, I said this when we appointed him. If he could demonstrate passages coherent form of football but not pick up a win I would have accepted this, I would have been encouraged by this. He hasn't. He's served up dross. He had a pass from me for this season. I'll give you an example what I mean: If I were a Southampton fan last year I would have been encouraged by the majority of performances, whilst the results were lacking (they almost got relegated) but it was clear what you could see he was trying to do with the team. If I were a Brighton fan I would have be encouraged how Porter has them playing, they still might go down this season but I think it's clear Potter has the tools of a good manager who you would want to keep an build a team with. If I were a Norwich fan I would be encouraged with how they play and they will go down this year.
5. I listed a few progressive football managers that I believe would be brilliant at Spurs a few post back

The City game was daylight robbery, comprehensively outplayed, no other word to describe it other than lucky. Find me one write up on that game from a professional that says we deserved it.

You are 100% correct.
1. I held this view as we announced his appointment.
2. Now, this point is key: HE HAS DONE ABSOLUTLEY FUCK ALL TO PROVE ME WRONG.
3. Had he got us playing well (and yes I am referring to attacking football) then you wouldn't be hearing a peep from me.
4. He didn't even need to give me winning football, I said this when we appointed him. If he could demonstrate passages coherent form of football but not pick up a win I would have accepted this, I would have been encouraged by this. He hasn't. He's served up dross. He had a pass from me for this season. I'll give you an example what I mean: If I were a Southampton fan last year I would have been encouraged by the majority of performances, whilst the results were lacking (they almost got relegated) but it was clear what you could see he was trying to do with the team. If I were a Brighton fan I would have be encouraged how Porter has them playing, they still might go down this season but I think it's clear Potter has the tools of a good manager who you would want to keep an build a team with. If I were a Norwich fan I would be encouraged with how they play and they will go down this year.
5. I listed a few progressive football managers that I believe would be brilliant at Spurs a few post back

The City game was daylight robbery, comprehensively outplayed, no other word to describe it other than lucky. Find me one write up on that game from a professional that says we deserved it.
By the sounds of your post you would rather Jose fail than Spurs succeed.
Very strange

By the sounds of your post you would rather Jose fail than Spurs succeed.
Very strange
That's what not what I got. I believe he wants Spurs to play better football. Attacking football. If that means we lose a few more than we win as the squad adjusts, I think he's okay with that.

He's more focused on the tactics than the results. The results still matter, but any rebuild/change process involves failures along the road to success.

I'm hoping Jose builds the squad he needs to achieve the results he's achieved elsewhere. That said, I'm not sure his style fits Spurs' culture.

The next game is the big test. A point v Man Utd was a good point considering first game back and all that. We did ok. Not pretty but we would have lost if Corona hadn't happened.

Tonight we should always expect to win regardless but we got a rare clean sheet too.

We are getting better. We've clearly been working on things but we have to beat Sheffield United if we want the Champions League spots. We have a week to plan for another team we should beat 9 times out of 10

He's just being scapegoated in the Ndombele thread instead.
It doesn't matter. We're here for good reasons. Massive victory today. A game that a club like Tottenham should win, yes, but with important signs of the team's evolution after the break. Well deserved clean sheet. Eric Dier with another very good display. Harry Kane with a goal. Lo Celso back and fully organizing the team from a central position.

It's time to get as many points as possible to save this season, but fundamentally to build the plataform for the next one.

Credit where credit is due. I had my doubts about a Dier-Sanchez central defensive partnership (mainly the lack of apparent leader/experience compared to including Toby or Jan) and thought it was a specific selection to counter United's pace in attack.

After tonight, and neglecting to rotate Alderweireld into the squad, I suppose we're seeing José's preferred back line (pending summer additions).

Honestly, it's looked solid and I'm not shitting myself when a fast opponent runs at our defence.

Add someone like Hojberg to shield them and we could be onto something here...

It doesn't matter. We're here for good reasons. Massive victory today. A game that a club like Tottenham should win, yes, but with important signs of the team's evolution after the break. Well deserved clean sheet. Eric Dier with another very good display. Harry Kane with a goal. Lo Celso back and fully organizing the team from a central position.

It's time to get as many points as possible to save this season, but fundamentally to build the plataform for the next one.

9 cup finals; that's where my head is at. Pretty sure Jose's head is in the same place too.

It's pretty obvious how great a coach he is when it comes to organizing a defense. When he finally got an extend chance to work with the team we come out looking like a well drilled defensive unit, something we haven't looked like for ages. We've conceded 0 goals from open play and only 1 soft penalty.

Back
Top Bottom