Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I smile when people go on about our magnificent stadium / training facilities in relation to our playing performances. It's a bit like owning the most luxurious zoo in the world but if you only fill it with everyday domestic pets then nobody turns up and pays to view.
Unless we genuinely look for, and start attracting, the players we need to match our infrastructure then the White Hart is in grave danger of becoming a White Elephant. No more fucking baseless ITK gossip, let's have headlines like this instead. Spurs sign ***** deal done and announced this afternoon. (All incoming asterisk jokes expected and accepted ).
I want Levy to prove his ambitions also lie in building a tropy winning squad rather than just sitting back and admiring the view from his office window.

Didnt he want Mane, Zaha & Sancho at various points?

Sorry you could have included Zaha in the large expensive transfers that he wanted that wouldn’t have warranted it. The Sancho rumour never left the message boards and he didn’t command a fee and had never played first team football before. Mane was the only player of note in a sea of expensive mediocrity

Last edited:
Kane has been out every season through jury, we've more than coped, in fact we've found solutions whilst he was out and we went on winning streaks each time!

"A knife to a gunfight,"? I wager you had never heard of more than 80% of their team before we were drawn against them.

Before Kane was injured, we were playing shit under Jose. We played shit against Utd with Kane playing on Friday.

I think Bergwijn's great too, for the record Jose has confirmed that he didn't sign him.
We had Son and Llorente to stand in for Kane during those injuries none of which played against Red Bull
I think all of Europe knew Werner and the quality centre forward he is.
Kane has been out for 6 months and you expect him to come back as if he is fully fit(it will take 2-3 more games to find his sharpness)

Just listened to the Jose 'Dear Paul' rant. How in the world can he say that Harry and Martial had lots of chances in the last game? I can't remember either of them registering a single shot. Baffled.
Tbf I think the point he was trying to get across was that Martial was just as ineffectual as Kane was in the game but there was no talk about that in the post match analysis.
The bit about chances and “we should be praising the defenses” etc was a load of textbook Mourinho gobbledy gook designed to try and deflect from a bad performance.

I liked what I saw against Man U, we looked like a team who were starting to hold it together. I know it wasn't a normal pre-season, but it seems like we had a full one, defensively, at least. Sure there are still the odd numpty-moments, but overall, we did really well to contain a very threatening side. Having a stale Kane on to start was one way to bring him up to speed and we're going to need that. The got lucky with the pen, so can't be too hard on ourselves. Now Jose has had some time with the team, I'm starting to see a structure there we can build on.

Did Mourinho just read wikipedia and said Drogba scored 46 goals a year for him, when in reality it's 46 APPEARANCEs and 18 goals/year?

Holy shit. His Rafa 'facts'-moment LMAO.

I love Jose but god damn.

We had Son and Llorente to stand in for Kane during those injuries none of which played against Red Bull
I think all of Europe knew Werner and the quality centre forward he is.
Kane has been out for 6 months and you expect him to come back as if he is fully fit(it will take 2-3 more games to find his sharpness)
I said 80% of the team not 100%

Jose has played with both Son & Kane in the team together and we've been shit.

No, I didn't expect Kane to be up to speed for 90mins, I did expect him to be more involved though, surely you did? I also expected Jose to take him off as he could barely move by 70mins, but unlike Ole he didn't inject any new energy into the team and ultimately cost us the game as a direct result.

I liked what I saw against Man U, we looked like a team who were starting to hold it together. I know it wasn't a normal pre-season, but it seems like we had a full one, defensively, at least. Sure there are still the odd numpty-moments, but overall, we did really well to contain a very threatening side. Having a stale Kane on to start was one way to bring him up to speed and we're going to need that. The got lucky with the pen, so can't be too hard on ourselves. Now Jose has had some time with the team, I'm starting to see a structure there we can build on.
I know some people don't like what they see as defensive football, but I do think he is trying to make it harder for teams to go through or around us.
We have been a shambles for some time conceding easy goals for fun, once the confidence is there at the back I do feel the team will express itself.
It's not just a case of bus parking he sets a team up to deny the opposition and what is wrong with that, his Chelsea team would and could be devastating on the attack but also would know when and how to keep the opposition out.
Some people talk like he used to manage in the 1950s but he won two trophies at utd only 2/3 seasons ago, this man isn't worried about garbage from merson he knows what to do and how to do it.

Last edited:
I said 80% of the team not 100%

Jose has played with both Son & Kane in the team together and we've been shit.

No, I didn't expect Kane to be up to speed for 90mins, I did expect him to be more involved though, surely you did? I also expected Jose to take him off as he could barely move by 70mins, but unlike Ole he didn't inject any new energy into the team and ultimately cost us the game as a direct result.
What new energy could he replace Kane with on Friday night?
With Moura and Dele available again tomorrow I think we might see Harry taken off after around 60 minutes this option was not available on Friday.
The thing that cost us the game on Friday was conceding a very soft penalty.
We have also been very good under Jose with Kane and Son up front Burnley West ham Bournemouth scoring 18 goals in our first 8 league games under him would you not agree ?We also won away at Wolves but I admit we were fortunate

Just listened to the Jose 'Dear Paul' rant. How in the world can he say that Harry and Martial had lots of chances in the last game? I can't remember either of them registering a single shot. Baffled.
I think you didn´t understand what he said.

Last edited:
With Moura and Dele available again tomorrow I think we might see Harry taken off after around 60 minutes this option was not available on Friday.
We have also been very good under Jose with Kane and Son up front Burnley West ham Bournemouth scoring 18 goals in our first 8 league games under him would you not agree ?We also won away at Wolves but I admit we were fortunate
I think Jose probably wanted to keep Kane and Son for 90 minutes, that´s why he used Lo Celso and Gedson as wingers and moved Son to the middle alongside Kane - which could explain why he did not used Ndombele, even though I think this was a mistake.

But for sure, even if Harry Kane plays for 90 minutes tomorrow against West Ham, we should see more intensity due to the attacking options on the bench that will replace others. Also, I´m sure that after we get the three points, we´ll get a rest from all the negativity in this thread. There´s no reason for any of it. First game in three months, many players without minutes for much longer than that, still not Jose´s team. COYS

Last edited:
He had Sessegnon and Ndombele. Sess to run onto Jose long balls, an out ball (we didn't have one after 70mins) and Ndombele to carry it out and hold onto it. He could also have used Skipp, drop him next to Winks and push Sissoko out to the right. Combined with Lo Celso and Fernandes (I've no idea what this player does yet) that's fresh legs in the team, we were gassed and going backwards, while Utd was stronger, fitter and outplayed from 70mins us as they used all 5 of their subs.

We had control of the game right up to them making their subs, it was their subs that made the difference, they were playing with better energy than us, moving the ball quicker and for the first time in the game we were getting pulled out of shape as a direct result of them getting quicker and us getting slower. They deserved their equalizer, they were clearly the better side at this period of the game.

The West Ham game we played very well for 70mins, but take a look at the goals we scored, were it not for their keeper who literally chucked the ball into his own net 3 times we might not have scored. The remaining 20mins we got away with it, whilst it wouldn't have been deserved they could easily have drawn that game.

Bournemouth should have equalized at the end.

Burnley has been the only complete game we've played under Jose, but they are a shit team this season.

All of these games were 8 months ago.

We are shit.

Tbf I think the point he was trying to get across was that Martial was just as ineffectual as Kane was in the game but there was no talk about that in the post match analysis.
The bit about chances and “we should be praising the defenses” etc was a load of textbook Mourinho gobbledy gook designed to try and deflect from a bad performance.
And of course while it's fine to say we defended quite well, it is also fair to say that Utd's build-up play was very dull.

Why was it so much better watching them incessantly pass it around the back four until it got to Lloris who gave us regular heart in the mouth moments by thinking he's Johan Cruyff in his own penalty area again? Then when he did go longer, his kicking from the deck was often fucking brutally bad.

He had Sessegnon and Ndombele. Sess to run onto Jose long balls, an out ball (we didn't have one after 70mins) and Ndombele to carry it out and hold onto it. He could also have used Skipp, drop him next to Winks and push Sissoko out to the right. Combined with Lo Celso and Fernandes (I've no idea what this player does yet) that's fresh legs in the team, we were gassed and going backwards, while Utd was stronger, fitter and outplayed from 70mins us as they used all 5 of their subs.

We had control of the game right up to them making their subs, it was their subs that made the difference, they were playing with better energy than us, moving the ball quicker and for the first time in the game we were getting pulled out of shape as a direct result of them getting quicker and us getting slower. They deserved their equalizer, they were clearly the better side at this period of the game.

The West Ham game we played very well for 70mins, but take a look at the goals we scored, were it not for their keeper who literally chucked the ball into his own net 3 times we might not have scored. The remaining 20mins we got away with it, whilst it wouldn't have been deserved they could easily have drawn that game.

Bournemouth should have equalized at the end.

Burnley has been the only complete game we've played under Jose, but they are a shit team this season.

All of these games were 8 months ago.

We are shit.
It is plain to see you will not accept Jose as manager.
Who in your opinion would do better with the current squad. PS we also beat City 2-0 at home

I enjoy any football when we win.
The days of free flowing football have not been seen at Spurs for at least 2 years now.
No team in the world can operate without a good centre forward and when fit we have one of the best as shown consistantly season after season
Fair enough dude.
Defending this shit brand football with a little band of apologist brainfarts has you way up there as a super fan halfwit.

Back
Top Bottom