Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought when I read the original quote for that the figures didn’t add up....

In fact, for a striker held in such high regard, Drogbas numbers are actually rather average...

One really has to wonder why a manger of such experience is getting so peeved off by comments from a crackhead oaf like Merson. The likes of Pep or even Plopp would just laugh and say “who”?
Maybe he's feeling the pressure?

Poch thought that he was going to get the sack in his 10th game against Villa, his win percentage going into the game was 40%. That's the same as Jose's now the only difference is this is Jose's 27th game.

Beats the fuck out of not getting it at all I'd say. But somehow as the oracle of Spurs, you are now going to tell me that it's better for us not to qualify for it at all, it's better to finish 8th instead of 4th. I'm all ears mate.....
Are you blaming a manager for not qualifying for the Champions league with the current squad we have?

Where is that 130k coming from? The majority of sites that claim to know player wages state Mane is currently on 100k a week.

That was the figure floated at the time... As you've seen it wasn't just me under that impression. If that's transpired not to be true fair enough.

Like i said to begin with "rightly or wrongly" we didn't meet his wage demands...

For posterity though:

"Mane’s contract sees him take some £150,000 per week, according to The Guardian."

I'm happy with how he has done so far. Before Poch left I said this season was a write off because the team is going through a massive rebuild with aging players wanting to leave, or out of contract, or not good enough. The squad had gaping holes that we hadn't addressed. Even if Poch had stayed he would have struggled to do any better

I know what Mourinho is all about and what we've seen so far is no different to what I expected. The big change I wanted by hiring him was to put pressure on Levy for us to buy big players ready to slot in now. However that's not going to happen now is it.

So, how old are you and when did you start supporting Spurs. I'm 44 and I became a fan in 1989. Seen a lot of shit football, average managers, lack of success in the last 31 years
I'm 52 became a Spurs fan when I was approx 6yrs old, so that's around 46yrs supporting them.

What has he done specifically to make you happy? I'm genuinely curious to know as I think he's been shite.

I've got no issue in writing the season off, I said words to this effect when he joined, for me he had a total pass (as does ANY new manager) on the results, so long as there were positive signs on how the manager has us playing. Signs of coaching, where players know what they and their teammates are doing for example.

I'm not trying to change your mind as to whether you like him.

You're just extremely selective in terms of how you portray our points vs table-position..... Whatever way looks worse, that's the way you spin it.

Been here before can't be arsed with another ten post game of tennis over it.... Any other subject I'm happy as larry to chat with you, but not this.... I'd rather just call it for what it is and move on.
I didn't spin it though, just posted a table that made you react, must have touched a nerve? Or made you gulp? I don't know what, it just didn't sit well with you, you got all defensive over it.

Are you blaming a manager for not qualifying for the Champions league with the current squad we have?
Errr fuck yeah! We got knocked out by a rookie manager, playing with an entire squad built for the price of just a couple of our players!!

This same squad (or large parts of it) got to a CL final just a few months before, it was one of the best teams in Europe. He has the best training ground in world football at his disposal, along with having the luxury of playing AT HOME in the best stadium in the World.

I didn't spin it though, just posted a table that made you react, must have touched a nerve? Or made you gulp? I don't know what, it just didn't sit well with you, you got all defensive over it.

Whatever. :roll:

You're were being transparently selective whether you note point or league position. I just called you out for it. I will next time too.... No doubt there will be a next time.

14th place & shit football

vs

8th place & shit football

I get it... You prefer'd 14th. :mourthumb:

Whatever. :roll:

You're were being transparently selective whether you note point or league position. I just called you out for it. I wil next time.... No doubt there will be a next time.

14th place & shit football

vs

8th place & shit football

I get it... You prefer'd 14th. :mourthumb:
I posted a league table that showed where we are since 1st Jan, it had us in 15th. The only real significance to it, as opposed to the actual league table, is that all these games we were managed by Jose.

We play shit football, or do you think otherwise?

I'd prefer us to still be in CL, FA Cup and challenging for top 4 as we have done for the past 10yrs.

I posted a league table that showed where we are since 1st Jan, it had us in 15th. The only real significance to it, as opposed to the actual league table, is that all these games we were managed by Jose.

We play shit football, or do you think otherwise?

I'd prefer us to still be in CL, FA Cup and challenging for top 4 as we have done for the past 10yrs.

Read my post.....

The Jose/Guido meme is a sad sight to behold.

Errr fuck yeah! We got knocked out by a rookie manager, playing with an entire squad built for the price of just a couple of our players!!

This same squad (or large parts of it) got to a CL final just a few months before, it was one of the best teams in Europe. He has the best training ground in world football at his disposal, along with having the luxury of playing AT HOME in the best stadium in the World.
Did the currant manager build this squad?
Please see the facts we were in total declined from last January onwards in the league and the first 12 games this season.
In cup games this season we lost to Colchester and were torn apart by Bayern at home but in your eyes that was the fault of Jose.
If we are the same at Christmas I will agree with you fully

I've picked/listed no players; just responding on a case by case basis..

Loved the guy, didn't want him sacked.... Now the 'romantic' attachment has eased a little I feel more comfortable in being critical about certain things, BUT...

I'm not doing that in ANY way shape or form.... If you disagree, then pls show me where

Were you equally as impatient with Poch during his first sticky few months or so?

Jose: We're further up the league than when he first arrived... Slow progress; sure, but not without reason.... That reason being mass-injury inc. our best 2 players.
In terms of transfer targets i initially responded to a post that listed all the poor players Poch wanted and conveniently forgot the several good ones he was after. Tough to deliver yes but the fact is we were interested. No i was not impatient with Poch in that first season because from about 12/ 14 games in you could see something happening. We were fitter, we were scoring late winners, on a good day you could see the press working and he binned the rubbish like Kaboul. I see nothing from Jose after 27 games, no gameplan, no ambition. I dont want him sacked as of today, thats counter productive petiness but if there is no improvement over the next 8 games, its still dull, results are poor etc i would be happy to see the back of him however unlikely that may be.

Did the currant manager build this squad?
Please see the facts we were in total declined from last January onwards in the league and the first 12 games this season.
In cup games this season we lost to Colchester and were torn apart by Bayern at home but in your eyes that was the fault of Jose.
If we are the same at Christmas I will agree with you fully
We SACKED that manager for those results though!!!!

No, losing to Bayern was NOT Jose's fault, where have I said that? I'm sure you are aware he wasn't our manager then. I said getting knocked out by one of the Red Balls was 100% Jose's fault or should we blame my pet dog for it? He's our manager, he bottled both games and was schooled tactically.

His win percentage is worse than the one he took over from. He is the manager of Tottenham Hotspur, he is 100% responsible for every win, draw and loss.

We SACKED that manager for those results though!!!!

No, losing to Bayern was NOT Jose's fault, where have I said that? I'm sure you are aware he wasn't our manager then. I said getting knocked out by one of the Red Balls was 100% Jose's fault or should we blame my pet dog for it? He's our manager, he bottled both games and was schooled tactically.

His win percentage is worse than the one he took over from. He is the manager of Tottenham Hotspur, he is 100% responsible for every win, draw and loss.
No centre forward available for either game against Red Bull it was like taking a knife to a gun fight.
He has had 1 transfer window to re shape an unbalanced squad his 1 signing that was permanent has been decent

Just listened to the Jose 'Dear Paul' rant. How in the world can he say that Harry and Martial had lots of chances in the last game? I can't remember either of them registering a single shot. Baffled.

No centre forward available for either game against Red Bull it was like taking a knife to a gun fight.
He has had 1 transfer window to re shape an unbalanced squad his 1 signing that was permanent has been decent
Kane has been out every season through jury, we've more than coped, in fact we've found solutions whilst he was out and we went on winning streaks each time!

"A knife to a gunfight,"? I wager you had never heard of more than 80% of their team before we were drawn against them.

Before Kane was injured, we were playing shit under Jose. We played shit against Utd with Kane playing on Friday.

I think Bergwijn's great too, for the record Jose has confirmed that he didn't sign him.

Back
Top Bottom