Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's largely due to the pecking order.... The food chain if you like.

In the simplest of terms if a richer and/or more successful team are in for you, why would you come here?

Tough question.
I appreciate that money talks you know that and the majority of our fan base knows it.... but why does the club not realise it? don’t get me wrong I don’t want us to spunk 350k A WEEK on some bang average nitwit that once played for Real Madrid and everybody believing he’s brilliant but I do expect us to rival the wolves, Leicesters and Aston Villa’s of the world jaysus.

I appreciate that money talks you know that and the majority of our fan base knows it.... but why does the club not realise it?

.....Because money is only part of the equation when you're talking players that interest the best clubs in the world.

don’t get me wrong I don’t want us to spunk 350k A WEEK on some bang average nitwit that once played for Real Madrid and everybody believing he’s brilliant but I do expect us to rival the wolves, Leicesters and Aston Villa’s of the world jaysus.

TBH, you've lost me with this part.. Doesn't really seem to be in tune with your original question.

You asked: "name the last player who we‘ve landed that we managed negotiate with and came to us rather than a ‘bigger’ team and has turned out to be excellent for us."(*)

(*Granted, the jury is still out on them, but allegedly Barca were interested in both D.Sanchez & T.Ndombele when we signed them....)

....When have "the wolves, Leicesters and Aston Villa’s of the world" been seen as the preferred option for players courted by both us and the biggest of the big?

.....Because money is only part of the equation when you're talking players that interest the best clubs in the world.

TBH, you've lost me with this part.. Doesn't really seem to be in tune with your original question.

You asked: "name the last player who we‘ve landed that we managed negotiate with and came to us rather than a ‘bigger’ team and has turned out to be excellent for us."(*)

(*Granted, the jury is still out on them, but allegedly Barca were interested in both D.Sanchez & T.Ndombele when we signed them....)

....When have "the wolves, Leicesters and Aston Villa’s of the world" been seen as the preferred option for players courted by both us and the biggest of the big?
Leicester, Villa etc was more in response to hagrids question!

Couldn’t or wouldn’t?
He wasn’t given astronomical wages by Liverpool by any means (around 100k or there abouts) which we most certainly could have afforded.

£130kpw

....Which, like I already replied to you saying, would have broken our wage ceiling at the time and sent all our best players knocking straight on LDs door for the same or more. If that was insignificant, then please quantify your claim; preferably with hard numbers.

LOL the bloke has fucked up all the numbers in his "amazingly detailed response"..................

It's getting embarrassing now.

I thought when I read the original quote for that the figures didn’t add up....

In fact, for a striker held in such high regard, Drogbas numbers are actually rather average...

One really has to wonder why a manger of such experience is getting so peeved off by comments from a crackhead oaf like Merson. The likes of Pep or even Plopp would just laugh and say “who”?

Couldn’t or wouldn’t?
He wasn’t given astronomical wages by Liverpool by any means (around 100k or there abouts) which we most certainly could have afforded.
£135k, I think. At a time when we were said to be paying a maximum of £100k. And who knows what they paid in agent's fees, as they really flash the cash when it comes to that type of thing.

£130kpw

....Which, like I already replied to you saying, would have broken our wage ceiling at the time and sent all our best players knocking straight on LDs door for the same or more. If that was insignificant, then please quantify your claim; preferably with hard numbers.
Where is that 130k coming from? The majority of sites that claim to know player wages state Mane is currently on 100k a week.

I thought when I read the original quote for that the figures didn’t add up....

In fact, for a striker held in such high regard, Drogbas numbers are actually rather average...

One really has to wonder why a manger of such experience is getting so peeved off by comments from a crackhead oaf like Merson. The likes of Pep or even Plopp would just laugh and say “who”?
Even morons can see that Harry Kane is not going to scare anyone when he is parked 70 yards from the opposition's goal. Don't you know Mourinho is kinda like Trump? He reads and listens to every word said about him in order to have material for his next verbal assault.

Where is that 130k coming from? The majority of sites that claim to know player wages state Mane is currently on 100k a week.

Jaysus. I have just been doing some Googling, and I have to say I cannot believe Mane is being paid less than Salah. And Firmino. And van Dijk.

That's largely due to the pecking order.... The food chain if you like.

In the simplest of terms if a richer and/or more successful team are in for you, why would you come here?

Tough question.
Ah, good. We're coming together again

So by your very own reckoning, there are now only 3 clubs in England who should be a more attractive financial proposition.
And only 7 in the whole of Europe!

Deloitte Football Money League | Deloitte UK

You must be so excited by the upcoming transfer window!

:tobyarm:

Rightly or wrongly? What could possibly have been “right” about us failing to pay the money for a player of Manés quality? It has to be one of our biggest transfer fuck ups of the last decade, and that really is saying something!
Hindsight is always 20/20. All anyone wants to ever talk about is the throws of the dice we didn't make gambling big wages or fees on potential...but the way Spurs run things have also saved us from tying our hands financially to some donkies...woolwich have royally stuffed themselves in recent years blowing a shed load of their money on rubbish.

All of the Levy angst really began kicking up over the Damiao fiasco...and who the fuck is he? If we'd signed him Levy would've been browbeat for wasting our transfer funds on a lump.

This forum spent 18 months wanking over Ndombele, and it took less than 2 months for everyone to then decide he was a fat cunt.

TFC really doesn't have a great track record of piloting Spurs in a fantasy world....this place thought Poch was some 2nd rate consolation prize when Levy really should have opened the chequebook to land De Boer.

We've lost Kane to injury EVERY season and we've coped, we even got to a CL final without him. You need to get yourself down to the doctor's promo mate, memory loss is a symptom of some serious underlying health issues.
We also lost Kane in early 2019 against Man utd at Wembley and hardly won a game afterwards clinging onto Champions league qualifcation.Do you know anything about Spurs or is your agenda just against the manager.

We also lost Kane in early 2019 against Man utd at Wembley and hardly won a game afterwards clinging onto Champions league qualifcation.Do you know anything about Spurs or is your agenda just against the manager.
Hear Hear. Far too many agendas on here.

Lets just back the manager for a change. After all, if one of worlds most successful managers of all time can't make it work, then where do we go!

Give the man a chance, guys.

He didn't mention Diego Costa. 20 in 26 PL games when they won the league in 2015

He is right though. Strikers have never had problems scoring for his teams. Obviously Merson has been on the sauce again but Mourinho is too much of a gentleman to reveal that :mourhandlaugh:

Beats the fuck out of not getting it at all I'd say. But somehow as the oracle of Spurs, you are now going to tell me that it's better for us not to qualify for it at all, it's better to finish 8th instead of 4th. I'm all ears mate.....

Back
Top Bottom