Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Jose only succeeds because the clubs he are at has the money to buy the best players? But when poch had undoubtedly the best team in the league in the 16/17 season we still got pipped to the title by little Leicester ? :mourthumb:

Won't be getting to two CL finals by finishing 6th every year.

I'm also not sure Jose will be at the club long enough to actually attempt getting to one Champions League final, let alone 2.

Good luck to him though.
If Jose loses two CL finals and wins zero has he improved us?

Answer the question you cop out merchant.
Then tell me if you feel it’s fair to say SAF is better than Pardew.

Making claims you can’t even live by from one post to another ffs

So Jose only succeeds because the clubs he are at has the money to buy the best players? But when poch had undoubtedly the best team in the league in the 16/17 season we still got pipped to the title by little Leicester ? :mourthumb:
Exactly, these people acting like we couldn’t compete financially despite outspending the PL winners by hundreds of millions

If Jose loses two CL finals and wins zero has he improved us?

Answer the question you cop out merchant.
Then tell me if you feel it’s fair to say SAF is better than Pardew.

Making claims you can’t even live by from one post to another ffs

I'm not sure what your question tries to prove?

Pochettino took a team that had qualified for Champions League once in it's entire history through the Premier League and managed it 4 times in his 5 and a half years here, easily becoming our most successful manager of the Premier League era despite winning nothing (Something both Ramos and Graham achieved).

Mourinho is taking over a team that was in a much better position as a club than when Pochettino arrived, with a much better squad, much more money, better stadium, bigger fanbase.

If Mourinho manages to get us back into qualifying for the Champions League regularly, somehow manages to get us to two Champions League finals in the mean time and fails in both - there would certainly be an argument to be made on whether he improves us or not.

But then you ask yourself, why was Mourinho brought in? What made Levy sack Tottenhams best manager in 30 years and replace him with someone who isn't actually proven at a club who doesn't tend to spend more than it's rivals and at a club our size (in respect to the league)?

I assume it was to win things because of the whole "Mourinho wins things" tag that lies next to his name. His achievements at other clubs.

So you base it accordingly. If Mourinho, this SERIAL WINNER, comes in and wins nothing with Spurs, but got us to a few finals (which "loser" Pochettino did), what makes him any better?

When has Ferguson managed a club the same size as Pardew?

And before you once again read something that your eyes seem to see instead of actually understanding the answer written.

Mourinho is a more successful manager than Pochettino.

But at Spurs - he's no where near his level. Yet.

All that would have done would have fed egos :sonpoint:
Forgot about that.....actually name dropping Wigan too as a put down, while having Wycombe Wanderers stick 3 past us at home then getting knocked out by Palace.

At least we lost the big one though.
Still waiting for confirmation from Totti if losing it twice would equate to double the great achievement

Christ what have we become
:mourfacepalm:

I'm not sure what your question tries to prove?

Pochettino took a team that had qualified for Champions League once in it's entire history through the Premier League and managed it 4 times in his 5 and a half years here, easily becoming our most successful manager of the Premier League era despite winning nothing (Something both Ramos and Graham achieved).

Mourinho is taking over a team that was in a much better position as a club than when Pochettino arrived, with a much better squad, much more money, better stadium, bigger fanbase.

If Mourinho manages to get us back into qualifying for the Champions League regularly, somehow manages to get us to two Champions League finals in the mean time and fails in both - there would certainly be an argument to be made on whether he improves us or not.

But then you ask yourself, why was Mourinho brought in? What made Levy sack Tottenhams best manager in 30 years and replace him with someone who isn't actually proven at a club who doesn't tend to spend more than it's rivals and at a club our size (in respect to the league)?

I assume it was to win things because of the whole "Mourinho wins things" tag that lies next to his name. His achievements at other clubs.

So you base it accordingly. If Mourinho, this SERIAL WINNER, comes in and wins nothing with Spurs, but got us to a few finals (which "loser" Pochettino did), what makes him any better?

When has Ferguson managed a club the same size as Pardew?

And before you once again read something that your eyes seem to see instead of actually understanding the answer written.

Mourinho is a more successful manager than Pochettino.

But at Spurs - he's no where near his level. Yet.
Can you answer the question.
If getting to but losing the CL final is a huge achievement, would doing the same thing twice be a better achievement?
Why the discussion?
Surely you would think he’s achieved bigger things?

So you are unwilling to confirm that SAF is a better football manager than Pardew?
Because you don’t know what Pardew would have done at, say, Barca or Bayern Munich?

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
Sorry, no I mean it, I’m really sorry that you have fallen so flat on your face.

Can you answer the question.
If getting to but losing the CL final is a huge achievement, would doing the same thing twice be a better achievement?

So you are unwilling to confirm that SAF is a better football manager than Pardew?
Because you don’t know what Pardew would have done at, say, Barca or Bayern Munich?

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
Sorry, no I mean it, I’m really sorry that you have fallen so flat on your face.

Getting to the CL finals twice is a bigger achievement than getting to it once. Of course it is.

No, SAF is the greatest manager that walked the planet. Not sure what that's got to do when it comes to Mourinho and Pochettino managing Tottenham Hotspur.

Unless of course this whole thing is about you comparing Pardew and Pochettino - which would make sense considering how awful most of your takes are.

Getting to the CL finals twice is a bigger achievement than getting to it once. Of course it is.

No, SAF is the greatest manager that walked the planet. Not sure what that's got to do when it comes to Mourinho and Pochettino managing Tottenham Hotspur.

Unless of course this whole thing is about you comparing Pardew and Pochettino - which would make sense considering how awful most of your takes are.
So you can compare two managers with two different budgets at clubs at polar opposite ends of the size spectrum after all.

What a surprise, what a shock you u turned in that one , I’m stunned.

What about losing 3 CLs on the spin? 4?5?
At what point does losing finals become failure to you?

So you can compare two managers with two different budgets at clubs at polar opposite ends of the size spectrum after all.

What a surprise, what a shock you u turned in that one , I’m stunned.

What about losing 3 CLs on the spin? 4?5?
At what point does losing finals become failure to you?

Ey?

I compared Pochettino and Mourinho from their time at Spurs. I don't give a shit what Mourinho won at superclubs like Madrid, Man Utd, Inter Milan... he's at SPURS.

Like I said for god knows how many times, maybe this time you'll read. Mourinho is more successful as a football manager than Pochettino. At Tottenham, he's levels below and will continue to be until proven otherwise. His past doesn't come into it and never will.

Ey?

I compared Pochettino and Mourinho from their time at Spurs. I don't give a shit what Mourinho won at superclubs like Madrid, Man Utd, Inter Milan... he's at SPURS.

Like I said for god knows how many times, maybe this time you'll read. Mourinho is more successful as a football manager than Pochettino. At Tottenham, he's levels below and will continue to be until proven otherwise. His past doesn't come into it and never will.
So you wouldn’t want Klopp or Simeone because they’ve never won anything at Spurs so can’t be seen as a step up?

I have watched the final celebration's again and I feel that Jose's reaction is not completely true. He is making a big deal so we think he has done a fantastic job. When in truth we should have done better. If he would have not been so pig headed about playing Troy and giving him a chance when Harry was injured then I truly believe we would have gotten a few more points.Playing people out of position when we had a perfectly good striker at the club who without giving him a chance how do we know how ready he was. Any other manager would have used youth players but not Jose. Or he could have brought one in January or loaned one. Instead he signed another winger to and to the 3 -4 we already had and also a cm to add to the many we have already. Could have used the 20 plus mill and brought a decent backup or gone to RM and got jovic on loan

So you wouldn’t want Klopp or Simeone because they’ve never won anything at Spurs so can’t be seen as a step up?

If they were free - I'd go for them yes.

Mainly because both have proven they can achieve with less budget than what the biggest and best teams in their league have and both would be a better fit for Spurs than Mourinho who's proven to be more of a man that relies on being at the top of the food chain when it comes to money, spending power and having the better squads.

But like signing a football player, you judge them on what they do for YOUR club. Not be lenient because of what they achieved in the past. If Mourinho doesn't achieve next season, then why should we continue with him?

I wouldn't have gone for Mourinho for the same reason I wouldn't have gone with Ancelotti - he's another than has had to rely on managing teams that mostly dominate their leagues, have the best resources, the ability to spend and hasn't proven that he can take a club the size of Tottenham, a club that isn't at the top or particularly successful in modern football and take them to the next level. There's a reason that a decade after both Ancelotti and Mourinho were seen as the top dogs, they're both now managing the likes of Spurs and Everton.

But we have Mourinho and I will continue to back him. Praise him when we do well and criticise him when I think he could have done better or if he has us playing a certain way.

At the end of the day, we ALL want what is best for Tottenham and that would be for us to be successful.

If they were free - I'd go for them yes.

Mainly because both have proven they can achieve with less budget than what the biggest and best teams in their league have and both would be a better fit for Spurs than Mourinho who's proven to be more of a man that relies on being at the top of the food chain when it comes to money, spending power and having the better squads.

But like signing a football player, you judge them on what they do for YOUR club. Not be lenient because of what they achieved in the past. If Mourinho doesn't achieve next season, then why should we continue with him?

I wouldn't have gone for Mourinho for the same reason I wouldn't have gone with Ancelotti - he's another than has had to rely on managing teams that mostly dominate their leagues, have the best resources, the ability to spend and hasn't proven that he can take a club the size of Tottenham, a club that isn't at the top or particularly successful in modern football and take them to the next level. There's a reason that a decade after both Ancelotti and Mourinho were seen as the top dogs, they're both now managing the likes of Spurs and Everton.

But we have Mourinho and I will continue to back him. Praise him when we do well and criticise him when I think he could have done better or if he has us playing a certain way.
None of their past achievements “count though and never will” so until they have won something at Spurs that means Jose is better than them because he has actually won a Spurs game.

Right?

Are you saying also that you would judge signing Dybala and Charlie Adam in the same light because you can only judge the standard of player by what they do here?

Improvement? Disappointment? Making sense of Mourinho after Poch

Pochettino_xG.jpg

Mourinho_Pandemic_xG.jpg

Since_restart_xG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom