Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the next 5 Carabou Cups then Poch achieved more here
You are like a West Ham fan taking the mickey out of Spurs fans for not winning the CL whilst never being good enough to even qualify for the completion in their entire history.

Just the most bizarre logic.
No I’m like the Spurs fan laughing at Chelsea and Woolwich fans who preferred winning a semi final of a competition they lost to winning the FA or Carabou Cup

Interesting analogy by the way, you certainly know your place at the big table don’t you

(Sorry website won't allow me to quote the quotes)

As I thought.. That's just acknowledging there are 'bigger' teams here and in Europe.....

The facts:

- 6th most successful in the country
- 4th-6th richest (depends how you define wealth) in the country
- Current league finish 6th.
- Obviously there are 'bigger' teams in Europe too.

No I’m like the Spurs fan laughing at Chelsea and Woolwich fans who preferred winning a semi final of a competition they lost to winning the FA or Carabou Cup

Interesting analogy by the way, you certainly know your place at the big table don’t you
The ONLY person that has uttered those words is you.

That wasn't what I've said and not what I have read from another poster on here.

Why are you back to lying and making up shit again?

One needn't be so polar-minded....

FFS.... It's OK to to have treasured memories and yet still value cups you know....

Vs Inter home & Away
Vs AC away
Vs RM at Wembley
Last years away run in the CL
Countless NLDs
The run in to our first CL qualification.
Wigan 9-1

Etc.

Bollocks to using a false equivalence to Newcastle just to get one's digs in too.... Have a little more respect for your club FFS. :dembelefingers:
????

The ONLY person that has uttered those words is you.

That wasn't what I've said and not what I have read from another poster on here.

Why are you back to lying and making up shit again?
Yet funny how it’s been claimed winning the semi of the CL despite losing the final is preferable to winning the Carabou.
Not sure you know what you’re taking about mate.
You remember random Chelsea semi finals, I’m so proud of you

Yet funny how it’s been claimed winning the semi of the CL despite losing the final is preferable to winning the Carabou.
Not sure you know what you’re taking about mate.
You remember random Chelsea semi finals, I’m so proud of you
Is that an apology for lying and making up stuff? Nah, I thought not, just dodging it in the hope it gets lost in a married of subsequent posts.

Is that an apology for lying and making up stuff? Nah, I thought not, just dodging it in the hope it gets lost in a married of subsequent posts.
Are you saying someone has not claimed They preferred beating Ajax despite losing the final to beating Chelsea in the final?

What you make of Jose’s double with injuries?

Evidence isn’t hard to find unless you believe there has been a team in the history of football without an injury
I don't believe that to be the case, although it is noted that Liverpool, Leicester and Chelsea (under Conte) won the Title with few or no injuries (I'm sure they had some, but I'm not making the claim as fact either way).
But I am sat here waiting for you to posts facts about the claim.

I don't believe that to be the case, although it is noted that Liverpool, Leicester and Chelsea (under Conte) won the Title with few or no injuries (I'm sure they had some, but I'm not making the claim as fact either way).
But I am sat here waiting for you to posts facts about the claim.
I just posted evidence above that Jose won a double with injuries

You seem to be deliberately skitting around the issue.

“It’s not for me” but that’s your scenario that no one has said.
How about 4th and a Carabou and losing the CL vs 4th and no Carabou and losing the CL?
Which one would you take?
I’m really not “skitting” around the issue. My point has always been trophies alone are not enough.

It’s tough to say, but if we’re talking about last seasons CL run against, say, our 08 League Cup win with both coming 4th, I’d take the CL run.

It is the elite competition in club football, and to get to a final is an accolade. Whilst it would be great to win the league cup, for me it’s a borderline friendly tournament reflected by the fact no good side puts out a strong team until the semi final.

It’s like asking would I rather England win the Nations Cup or get to a World
Cup final. World Cup for me - it’s the pinnacle of the sport (like CL for club football).

If people don’t agree fair enough. I’m not saying I’m right, it’s just an opinion.

The truth is you have to balance more into the equation in the scenarios you’ve presented though. Take last season, 4th and a CL final looks great on paper, but we were shit for 6 months and I wasn’t happy with that. Setting arbitrary targets is great but it doesn’t tell the full story.

Are you saying someone has not claimed They preferred beating Ajax despite losing the final to beating Chelsea in the final?

What you make of Jose’s double with injuries?
I'm only speaking for what I have quoted and what you have responded to in our posts.

You do this a lot, take what others have said in some other conversations then circle around another poster and make claims about that poster. Either that or you get all the posters mixed up (I've done that before and it's easily done, but when I've had this pointed out to me or that I have realised it myself I've made my apologies). I won't hold my breath with you though.

But my point was that nobody other than Spurs and Ajax fans remember.
You remember it because your mates celebrate it every year and cry tears of joy that they win a semi final.
Doubt you would otherwise.
This remembering thing is weird. I can tell you I have a lot better shot at remembering who lost the 96 CL final than remembering who won the league cup that year. The only league cup winners I remember personally are the leftfield ones like Swansea.

Who are these people you speak of that have encyclopaedic memories of league cup history, but have never watched a CL final?!

Back
Top Bottom