Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Do you accept Jose Mourinho as your saviour?

• Yes

Votes: 337 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 171 33.7%

• Total voters
Troy is not ready to play for us, he got a start against Colchester and was ineffective. A loan to Millwall is just right, they will demand intensity and he will be playing competitive men’s football. The kid is 18 years old. We should never have been in a situation where we were looking to him to save us but that’s what happens when you don’t have a balanced squad.
There’s a great comment from Townsend when he’s on loan and suddenly realises he’s playing against men who are trying to pay their mortgage and keep food on the table for their families- a real make-or-break: away from the protection of the EPL coaching structure. I think Bobby Moore said something similar when the England team were in Mexico in ‘70 and getting kicked all over the place and couldn’t understand why.

Comment
By every coach coming through by his international coach by all pundits and ex pros who have ever watched him. He would have been given his chance this season under Poch . I am not saying Troy would have been the best striker ever (even though he killed it at youth and u23's ) but we will never know now

I find people like you pathetic as it seems if you had your way we would not give youth a go as if it means buying a player makes them better than what we have. The reason I may have wanted Kane rushed back while those two players were at the club is because they were shit.

Oh my god I have put things in capital letters so I must be right don't anyone dare argue with my superior knowledge of how good youth players are and who should be played.

What a long rant.
How do you know Jose has given up in him because he didn’t use him a lot in half a season at 17yrs old?

You hysterical muppet chill the fuck out, it’s an academy kid not fucking Zlatan been left out

Comment
And how sometimes you have to change your style to win those trophies once you’re ahead: the niggly fouls (Fernandinho); the ‘bastard’ players (Ramos); the tedious shutting out the game (Simeone); letting your superstars work on a solid foundation (Real); not playing at 100% tempo all the time (‘Pool this season); winning ugly (MU / SAF)...and so on.

Poch had us playing some beautiful football, but he played too pure to be sustainable as legs aged. Imagine if he’d played to shut the game down at Stamford Bridge? Slowed the pace against MU in the semi-final? Played a low-safe-block against Liverpool for the first ten minutes last year? I hope he’ll learn from that lack of versatility: there’s a reason it’s even taken Bielsa two seasons to get Leeds to the Prem and it’s not money, but he got found out over a really long, physical, season by a physical league. The high-intensity purist football is only sustainable in a two-team league (La Liga; PSG) or with a crazy squad (City).

Comment
Difficult to disagree. Been said many times but if its as boring as we've seen over the last few months he is going to have to win a hell of a lot of games to keep people happy. Boring, winning football is tolerated, anything else isnt/won't be.
I think what disappointed me about his first six months was he came in saying that the period after his sacking at Manchester United he spent it reflecting his methods and working on new methods. The appointment of Sacremento as No.2 came with a surprising amount of hype. Didn't notice much change at all though.

Comment
Hmmm.....
Absolute drivel from a Jose hating media once again. Because he was winning games they had to find something to pick on Spurs about.

AVB had us playing possession based football and that was boring as shit.

I love counter attacking football. It means exciting goals and controlling the tempo of the match. Apart from the Sheffield game where we lost our bottle after a shit call, we have been looking very hard to beat. For two years we have been looking ropey as shit at the back and with some average fullbacks and non existent midfield, we have looked solid of late.

We have some great flying wingers and one of the best strikers in the world. What we don't have is a midfield.

The media can fuck right off with their pathetic agenda. Ohara is just joining the conga line of cocksuckers who a repeating this mantra on the fans' behalf so he can get a gig as a pundit.

Comment
I love counter attacking football. It means exciting goals and controlling the tempo of the match.
I'm not so sure it means controlling the tempo of a match - I'd say the opposite.

You have to be very strong defensively to play that way. Not many teams are successful over a season by absorbing pressure and counter attacking.

I'm not saying it can't be done (Leicester did), just that it's difficult. I'd rather have control of the football.

Last edited:
Comment
I'm not so sure it means controlling the tempo of a match - I'd say the opposite.

You have to be very strong defensively to play that way. Not many teams are successful over a season by absorbing pressure and counter attacking.

I'm not saying it can't be done (Leicester did), just that it's difficult. I'd rather have control of the football.
Fair enough.

The way I saw it were in games against Leicester and Newcastle they were restricted to having shot after shot from range and it took a special effort for Newcastle to actually find the net. I didn't really feel like we were troubled IMHO.

Against City at home on the other hand :mourshock:

Comment
1046"]
What a long rant.
How do you know Jose has given up in him because he didn’t use him a lot in half a season at 17yrs old?

You hysterical muppet chill the fuck out, it’s an academy kid not fucking Zlatan been left out
[/QUOTE]

I didn't say Jose has given up on him I just said he would not play him.

I know he is not Zlatan but he could have been very important la
What a long rant.

I didn't say Jose had given up on him but he just wouldn't play him.

I know he is not Zlatan but last season he could have been very important for us he may not have been but when we needed a striker Jose would not give him a chance. Instead he had a pop at him in public as he did with Tanguy. Plus he May not be Zlatan now but who knows he may become as good as Zlatan and I want him at our club not at someone else's club because he was driven away by our twat of a manager.

Last edited:
Comment

Airfixx

Eroding the true defnition of glory since 1976...
I didn't say Jose has given up on him I just said he would not play him.

I know he is not Zlatan but he could have been very important la

I didn't say Jose had given up on him but he just wouldn't play him.

I know he is not Zlatan but last season he could have been very important for us he may not have been but when we needed a striker Jose would not give him a chance. Instead he had a pop at him in public as he did with Tanguy. Plus he Maj not be Zlatan now but who knows he may become as good as Zlatan and I want him at our club not at someone else's club because he was driven away by our test of a manager.
Sending a teenager on loan isn't "driving [them] away".... He's been give a loan to help his development.... Something sorely missed by a number of bright sparks on our books in recent years.

Comment
Sending a teenager on loan isn't "driving [them] away".... He's been give a loan to help his development.... Something sorely missed by a number of bright sparks on our books in recent years.

I am not saying sending him on loan is driving him away I am saying I don't want Jose to say something or do something that would make it impossible for Troy to return to us. Going out on loan is the best thing for Troy as he would not get a chance with us. I am a massive fan of sending players out on loan rather than stay in youth system at the club

Comment

Airfixx

Eroding the true defnition of glory since 1976...
I am not saying sending him on loan is driving him away I am saying I don't want Jose to say something or do something that would make it impossible for Troy to return to us. Going out on loan is the best thing for Troy as he would not get a chance with us. I am a massive fan of sending players out on loan rather than stay in youth system at the club
Right.... And this meant what then?

"I want him at our club not at someone else's club because he was driven away by our test of a manager."

Comment
Right.... And this meant what then?

"I want him at our club not at someone else's club because he was driven away by our test of a manager."
That was not meant out on loan as I would have put out on loan . That is meant sold because if he is out on loan he is not driven away as he is coming back

Comment
I think what disappointed me about his first six months was he came in saying that the period after his sacking at Manchester United he spent it reflecting his methods and working on new methods. The appointment of Sacremento as No.2 came with a surprising amount of hype. Didn't notice much change at all though.
A manager that accomplished and that experienced doesn't fundamentally change who and what he is, and for Mourinho that goes both for his personality and public persona, as well as his football. And to the extent he seemed to be trying for re-invention pre-Covid the results were horrific.

Jose is a cynical self-righteous cunt whose teams play pragmatic football with the occasional bout of almost sarcastic bus-parking, and then eventually all the contradictions implode on themselves and he's off to his next job. But before then, he wins a lot.

We can either have the benefits of that, or nothing. Let's get the benefits. The football isn't *that* bad.

Comment
Free flowing tippy tappy football winning fuck all or brain numbing grinding out results football with the possibility of winning something.......as hosay has proved before what’s it to be

Comment
Free flowing tippy tappy football winning fuck all or brain numbing grinding out results football with the possibility of winning something.......as hosay has proved before what’s it to be
I like that we as a club are associated with a certain style. But I’d take 38 drab 1-0’s and 0-0’s to win a title, easy

Comment
Saw an interview with o’hara the day Mourinho signed. He was absolutely bum licking him, saying he’s the best manager in the world etc
So were a lot of pundits. Now they have changed their tune because it is en vogue to do so. I haven't heard Ancelotti cop nearly as much shit as Jose has for some bizarre reasons.

The old guard must be worried.

Comment
Top Bottom